SELECT CONTENT

Ashley and J.P - Media - No Discussion

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ashley and J.P - Media - No Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Ashley and J.P - Media - No Discussion

Post by Admin Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:31 am

'Bachelorette' Ashley Hebert, J.P. Rosenbaum Really in Love, Says Body Language Expert

The Bachelorette may have ended with a bang—well for some, at least—what with Ashley Hebert finally giving the last proverbial rose to J.P. Rosenbaum, despite some serious criticism from her heavily tattooed sister, Chrystie. But does sis know best? Will the engaged couple indeed face the thorn of the Bachelor and Bachelorette break-up curse, only to be destined for second (and third, for Ashley!) fiddle fame on Bachelor Pad?

No, not at all, at least according to body language expert Dr. Lillian Glass who is offering her own brash and outspoken, albeit much more positive, opinion of Hebert and Rosenbaum and their future together.

Like millions of other infatuated fans, Glass watched ABC's After The Final Rose special and took specific note of the non-verbal communication cues between Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum—mannerisms that probably would go undetected by the average viewer.

"When Ashley put her head on J.P.'s shoulder, his cheeks were raised, his eyes squenched up—it is absolutely the real deal and such a sweet, sweet couple," the good doctor reported. "Ashley looks into his eyes; she is confident with him. When a woman feels love they feel confident, and there's a posture you see."

Still, though, there's that curse that's compromised five of the seven Bachelorette matches, with only Trista Rehn and Ryan Sutter and Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez still forging on together. Nonsense, says Dr. Glass, "It's real. J.P. is taken with Ashley... J.P. turns red when she looks at him. He blushes and they are always holding hands."

Besides singing the praise of Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum's relationship, Dr. Lillian Glass has also recently put her expert body language readings to work with another equally buzzed-about pair: Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries. The report was no less glowing for this Hollywood couple who will be tying the knot in a few short weeks.

Like Ashley and J.P., Kim and Kris have been in the spotlight with their whirlwind romance and quickie engagement. Plus, they've too faced their fair share of criticism from family, friends, and media. Love conquers all though, right?

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979803931
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Ashley and J.P - Media - No Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Ashley and J.P - Media - No Discussion

Post by Admin Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:34 am

'Bachelorette' Couple Ashley and J.P. Want No TV Wedding

Ashley and J.P - Media - No Discussion - Page 3 Ashley-and-j-p-want-no-tv-wedding

Speaking on a press call, 27-year-old Ashley Hebert says she and fiance J.P. Rosenbaum have no intention to be back on small screen again.

Having said that they just want a humble, boring life together, Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum say no to TV marriage. The pair, who got engaged in the season finale of "The Bachelorette", have stated that they have no intention to follow in the footsteps of other reality show couples and tie the knot on the small screen.

"I don't think you'll be seeing us on TV unless you Tivoed those episodes," dentist student Ashley said during a press call on Tuesday afternoon, August 2. Supporting his fiancee's statement, J.P. added, "We talk about it in jest sometimes, but no real thought has gone into it."

When appearing on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!", Ashley also expressed hesitation to take part in other reality shows like fellow "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" contestants. "At this point, I feel like with everything that's happened, I'm so emotionally drained, the only thing I want to do is be in New York with him, and go for coffee in the morning, and just get back to that normal life," she reasoned.

As for their wedding which is planned to take place in 2012, they apparently have not prepared much for it. "We haven't given any serious thought to [the wedding]," J.P. admitted during the press call, before adding "We're not going to wait five years to get married, but we're going to take it one step at a time."

For now, Ashley and J.P. are focusing on their busy schedule, including Ashley's plan to complete her dental school and move to New York to live with the construction manager in a month. "I have no hesitation about moving in. I think we're ready for that. ... He cleaned out a closet for me. How sweet is that?" Ashley gushed.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00042589.html

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:35 am

'Bachelorette' Ashley Hebert and J.P.: '[We] felt it for weeks'

"Bachelorette" Ashley Hebert chose J.P. Rosenbaum for her man during the season finale Monday night (Aug. 1). The happy couple spoke with the press Tuesday about their experience on and off the show.

Of the experience on the show, Ashley says, "The show really brought us together. We confided in each other, we learned how to communicate, we dealt with jealousy, insecurity. We've been engaged for two months, but it feels like we've been together for years."

"We really feel like the hardest part is past. But we're just looking forward to starting our lives together," adds J.P.

When the subject of Ben comes up, Ashley admits to maybe not handling his proposal the best possible way.

"I know the whole thing is kind of a blur. Obviously going into it the last thing I wanted to do was hurt Ben. I remember trying to talk to him and feeling like I wasn't sure what to say and he got down on one knee and I had to pull him up," says Ashley. "It really was a whirlwind and it's hard to understand if you're not there in the moment, with all eyes on you and all the cameras on you. It's really hard for people to understand."

But she does say she knew pretty early on that J.P. was the guy for her and J.P. felt pretty sure of himself as well.

"My heart was pulling me in that direction for a long time," says Ashley. She also tells us about how she had told J.P. she loved him before the show was over.

"When you are about somebody so much, all you want to do is be honest with them and tell them how you feel. I was in a moment where I felt like I needed to let him know how I was feeling."

"It wasn't as blatantly obvious as my 'I'm madly in love with you,'" adds J.P. "It was much, much more subtle than that. It put my head in the right place ... I don't want to sound cocky at all, but I was confident after our Hong Kong date that I would be the last guy standing. I knew what Ashley and I had was special and there was no way she could have what she and I had with anybody else. I felt it for weeks."

As for all the other guys from the show, both Ashley and J.P. hope they can stay friends with many of them.

"It became a small fraternity. I'll definitely stay in touch with a bunch of them," says J.P. "I would say Mickey and William and Ames, there's a bunch of guys I'm going to pick up the phone and call."

"I'm open to being friends and staying in touch with all the guys," Ashley adds. "One thing I said in the beginning and I still stand by is I had such a respectable group of guys. I'm hoping we can all be friends after this."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/08/bachelorette-ashley-hebert-and-jp-we-felt-it-for-weeks.html
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mom2brieandbray Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:29 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/02/ashley-hebert-jp-rosenbau_n_916183.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec3_lnk3%7C82911

:dancingcupcake: :bearyhappy: :dancing peg:
mom2brieandbray
mom2brieandbray

Back to top Go down

Post by sublime Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:30 am

People cover and article preview:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20514934,00.html

sublime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:19 pm

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2011/08/02/ashley-hebert-jp-rosenbaum-marriage/

1.45 PM EDT 08.02.2011

Bonnie Says: ‘Bachelorette’ Ashley Hebert And Fiancé J.P. Rosenbaum Will Marry & Last Forever!

VIDEO

Yes, it’s true that reality TV love can be manufactured, but, in this case, Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum have found true love while filming ‘The Bachelorette’.

Who says that real love has to happen only under “normal” circumstances? And that “normal” circumstances means that two people have to have met at a party, at work, in college or through a blind date? And that they have to have known each other for at least a year before making the ultimate commitment?

And who says love will be doomed if a couple meets on the set of a reality conjured-up love and dating show like The Bachelorette?

Here’s the thing — the reality is that couples who fall in love and stay in love for the rest of their lives meet in all kinds of conventional AND crazy ways.

There is no guarantee that people who have dated for 10 years in a small town before walking down the aisle will stay married any more than a couple like Ashley and J.P., who met while she tested out 25 different husband candidates for TV?

It’s not how a couple meets or even how long they know each other that determines whether romance will burn hot for a lifetime or fizzle out in a flash.

What’s more important is that Ashley and JP share similar life goals, innate values, and daily interests, AND that they are both committed to making their love work.

It doesn’t hurt that the couple also has some intense physical chemistry, to go along with all that, and Ashley and JP clearly get a ten in that department.

But more important — watching them on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night, Aug. 1, in their first post-Bachelorette interview, it was clear that they are exceptionally relaxed and comfortable together.

They smiled, laughed and their faces glowed as they sat and talked with Jimmy. Ashley repeatedly leaned into JP as she talked and they laughed together. JP seemed completely accepting of Ashley and wasn’t even phased when he was shown a clip of Ashley making out with the other finalist, Ben Flajnik. He is confident enough in himself and secure enough in his relationship to have taken that unpleasant surprise in stride.

The couple revealed that they’ve spent three hours a night talking on Skype for months while they’ve had to be separated for the show, and that’s given them more time to get to know each other — a very good thing.

The pair are old enough — she’s 27, he’s 34 — to have experienced life and other romances and to know that this is the right person to spend their lives with.

They also both have “a life.” Neither “needs” the other, to make a “life.” Ashley is in her last year of her training to be a dentist. JP works as a construction manager at the J Companies in NYC. They’re both ambitious yuppies who can complement each other

The pair have a real and do-able plan to get through a year of semi-separation since she will be based in Philadelphia to finish her training and JP is in NYC. They’re being realistic and supportive of each other’s career aspirations.

And they are comfortable with each other’s families.

In effect — they may have met in an unusual way and under the glare of TV cameras — but they are “normal” people who are looking forward to “a humble normal life,” together, they have explained. Neither is pursuing a career in the spotlight as professional reality TV stars — thank the Lord, for them and their marriage!

Their desire to live a “normal” life bodes well for their success. The first Bachelorette, Trista Rehn, is still happily married to firefighter Ryan Sutter living in Eagle County, Colorado, with their two young children.

Bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky is still happily engaged and living with insurance executive, Roberto Martinez — another “normal” couple, who met under non-normal circumstances.

Meanwhile, couples who are in the public eye and met up under equally spotlight-driven circumstances are also defying the supposedly long odds to have happy unions — yup, there’s Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom, who married after knowing each other a month, and Brad and Angelina, who infamously fell in love on the Mr. & Mrs. Smith set.

If those couples could still be going strong, then there’s no reason that glamorous meeting circumstances are a relationship-killer.

If anything, Ashley Hebert and JP Rosenbaum, will have a wonderful “how we met” story to tell their children and grandchildrem. JP will always be proud, he beat out 24 other men to win Ashley’s heart and the pair will share a unique bonding experience that few others can match.

So mazel tov, Ashley and JP! We can’t wait until your wedding and then your 25th wedding anniversary!

Last edited by Titou on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

One daily click generates .6 bowls of food at The Animal Rescue Site

"Reality television frequently portrays a modified (...) day-to-day life, at times utilizing sensationalism to attract audience viewers and increase advertising revenue. Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are often persuaded to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment television producers" with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through direction and post-production editing techniques." ~ Wikipedia

Shelby

Female Posts : 3826

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:35 pm

THE SAME TABLOID..... THE FOLLOWING DAY!!

1.23 PM EDT 08.03.2011

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2011/08/03/bachelorette-ashley-hebert-ben-flanjnik-jp-rosenbaum-sex/

J.P. is crushed that Ashley supposedly got intimate with Ben. Now friends are concerned that this could mean the couple’s end!

Bachelorette Ashley Hebert and her fiance J.P. Rosenbaum seem so in love. They couldn’t keep their hands off of each other during The Men Tell All special Aug. 1 and during their interviews on Good Morning America and Jimmy Kimmel Live!. But off screen, the couple is dealing with a harsh reality that may tear them apart. Friends close to the couple say that J.P.’s completely outraged that Ashley reportedly slept with Ben Flajnik the night before he proposed, and that he’s just not letting it go!

“There have been major issues. J.P. can’t seem to get past Ashley’s night with Ben,” a source close to the show tells Star magazine. “She definitely slept with him, and J.P. is spitting mad.”

While Ashley and J.P. are desperately trying to overcome this major hurdle, it’s hard to move forward when dejected Ben’s been bragging about his relations with Ashley. “Ben has some growing up to do,” Ashley’s pal says. “I think by talking about having sex with Ashley he is trying to appease his male ego. Ben really liked Ashley; he was completely crushed when she didn’t pick him.”

Former Bachelorette winner Jesse Csincsak reveals that it’s common practice for the Bachelorette to have sex her final two contenders. “Everyone always sleeps with the finale two, and I’ve heard this season was no different,” Jesse notes. “The problem of hooking up with both finalists has been the downfall of many of the show’s engagements.”

“In a normal world, you don’t have to see your fiancee recorded on camera hooking up with another guy,” adds Jesse. “But on this show, that’s just how it works. Not only does the contestant see his fiancee cheating, so do all your friends and family. Inevitably, that makes you feel second best.”

While J.P. refused to watch the full season finale — he admitted to Jimmy Kimmel that he only saw his part, not Ben’s — the idea of what happened between Ashley and Ben behind closed doors still haunts him.

And even though Ashley and J.P. are on track to saying, “I do” — there’s still trouble in paradise over this situation. “It’s tough times,” a friend acknowledges. “Make no mistake about it.”

BFFs — do you think it was wrong of Ashley to sleep with Ben the night before she got engaged to J.P.?

Last edited by Titou on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Reality television frequently portrays a modified (...) day-to-day life, at times utilizing sensationalism to attract audience viewers and increase advertising revenue. Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are often persuaded to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment television producers" with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through direction and post-production editing techniques." ~ Wikipedia

Shelby

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:38 pm

AGAIN SAME TABLOID.... HILARIOUS IMO

6.00 AM EDT 08.03.2011

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2011/08/03/bachelorette-ashley-hebert-jp-rosenbaum-breakup/

J.P. Rosenbaum Secretly Dumped Devastated ‘Bachelorette’ Ashley Hebert!

The ‘Bachelorette’ couple may be all kisses and hugs now, but their happy ending was almost derailed just weeks ago. Here’s why!

Bachelorette Ashley Hebert thought she was going to live happily after once J.P. Rosenbaum proposed to her on May 13, but as soon as the show started airing — their relationship grew strained. J.P. got so jealous of watching Ashley with the other guys that they dumped Ashley!

“J.P. ended it,” a friend tells Life & Style magazine. “It just wasn’t working out, and when J.P. is upset about something, he’ll just say, ‘Okay, it’s over.’”

During the After The Finale Rose special that aired on Aug. 1, Ashley confirmed that it was super hard for J.P. to watch the show.

Another source claims that it was the distance and secret status of their relationship that made J.P. run. But thankfully, he couldn’t stay away from her for long.

“A few days later, they got back together,” says the friend.

“Since they patched things up and their engagement is out in the open now, they’ve got new hope and are looking forward to living together,” assures the source.

BFFs — do you think Ashley and J.P.’s relationship is going to last for the long run?

Last edited by Titou on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shelby

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:40 pm

10.20 AM EDT 08.03.2011

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2011/08/03/bachelorette-jp-rosenbaum-ashley-hebert-bentley-williams/

J.P. Rosenbaum Finally Admits: I Was Tortured By ‘Bachelorette’ Ashley Hebert’s Feelings For Bentley Williams!

J.P. says it wasn’t easy to see fiancee Ashley with other men! ‘To see [Ashley] speak of another guy that way? It hurts!’ he confesses.

Bachelorette Ashley Hebert and her fiance J.P. Rosenbaum fell in love as they traveled the world filming the show. J.P. was able to put the fact that Ashley developed relationships with other men aside and get down on one knee. But as soon as the happy couple left Fiji and came back to U.S., J.P.’s jealousy proved to be a major hurdle, especially as he watched Ashley pine over bad boy Bentley Williams!

The show aired just 10 days after filming wrapped — and as J.P. watched his fiancee get close to other men, he grew more and more upset. “I tried to stay focused on the fact that I signed up for this,” J.P. tells People magazine. “But it stings.”

J.P. saw Ashley fall for player Bentley and then become distraught over Bentley’s departure. Ashley’s feelings for this other guy were like daggers to J.P.’s heart. ”To see her speak of another guy that way? It hurts,” he admits.

And while J.P. was battling intense jealousy, Ashley faced her own insecurities as people slammed her for falling for Bentley. J.P. put his own feelings aside and tried to comfort her. “I tried to tell her not to read things, but it’s impossible,” he says.

But thankfully Ashley and J.P. were able to move past these obstacles. Whenever J.P. got upset, Ashley would listen to him patiently. “She is totally sympathetic every time I want to vent about it,” J.P. shares.

And they figured out a way to work past their problems. “There’s so many things you could potentially argue about,” explains Ashley. “We’ve figured out how to talk through disagreements. We call them ‘show misunderstandings’ and move on.”

“Our relationship really started after we left the show,” continues Ashley. “The show made us stronger than if we’d met on the outside. I’ve never even looked back for a second on my decision.”

J.P. totally agrees with Ashley. “We’re more in love now than we were back in Fiji,” he reveals. “The hard part is over. It’s such an emotional and psychological test like nothing I’ve ever been through. Now there’s nothing but good things ahead. You make it through something like this together, you make it through anything.”

Shelby

Back to top Go down

Post by chaslom4 Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:11 pm

http://www.okmagazine.com/2011/08/j-p-rosenbaum-is-all-smiles-while-running-errands-in-nyc/
chaslom4
chaslom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:09 pm

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/08/bachelorette-jp-ashley-interview-finale.html

'The Bachelorette': Ashley and JP talk about their life post-show

This season of "The Bachelorette" may have finally come to a close, but Ashley and JP's publicity tour has just begun.

Only hours after the finale aired Monday night, the newly engaged couple did the media rounds in New York City, where Ashley is planning to join her fiance in a month after she finishes studying dentistry at the University of Pennsylvania. After hitting a slew of morning talk shows, the couple got on a conference call with a handful of journalists to talk about their experience on the show and plans for the future.

In between all the mushy talk, a few interesting tidbits did emerge: Ashley said things between her and her evil sister -- who we likened to Kat Von D -- are now swell. (Sure.) Ashley said she only let Ben get down on his knee and propose because the moment was "a blur." (Or the producers urged you to milk the drama?) And JP has not, apparently, been calling Ashley by her favorite and totally repulsive pet name, "Cupcake," as much as she would like. (They're totally doomed.)

A condensed and edited version of the transcript follows.

At what point after your confrontation with your sister did you straighten things out?

Ashley: You know, we actually never resolved it in Fiji. She left and it was still unresolved. Then I think it was when we got home that we talked about it a little bit, but it went unresolved for a while until she started watching the show air, and then she called me up and said, “I am so sorry. I completely see it now. I was too quick to judge." So it took a little while that she came around.

Was there ever a moment where what she said really caused you to reconsider picking JP?

Ashley: To be honest, I knew that I would follow my own gut and I would not let anyone else influence me, and that is what I loved about this whole journey, is I have got to trust myself. Now, the truth is, I knew my sister was being tough, and I knew that she was so stubborn that she would never take it back even if she had to change her heart. I knew that she would grow to love him. And once she saw us together, I had no doubt that she would see what I feel, and things would be all right and things would be great, and actually they are. They are close now, and they actually joke about it. So, all is well.

Were you hurt when she said she thought you were more into Brad than JP?

Ashley: OK, so I knew she was completely, like, off with her judgment and, you know, when she said that she thought I was more into Brad, I thought, “OK, I am not going to listen to anything she says because what I feel for him is completely different from what I felt for Brad.” So, at that point, she lost me.

JP, did you reconsider proposing after the showdown with Chrystie?

JP: Nothing that happened between me and her sister had any influence on my decision to propose. I always knew that I was going to propose, I guess. Pretty much two to three weeks prior I knew it was going to happen, so I was just afraid that her sister's comments and opinions would influence the way she felt about me, but I was hoping that she would trust her gut, trust her heart and not really listen to her sister, and it turned out all right.
Ashley, if JP had only told you he loved you and didn’t propose, what would you have done?

Ashley: Oh! That is an easy question. I mean, I always said that if I left with somebody that I love, it wouldn't matter if I was engaged or not. I mean, obviously going into it — you go through so much that you hope to be at a point where you feel comfortable enough to be engaged. But with JP, I cared about him so much that if he was not ready for that, I was prepared to just leave with him in a relationship.

Why did you let Ben get down on his knee and propose?

Ashley: Well, I can tell you, for me, I know the whole thing is kind of a blur obviously going into it. The last thing I wanted to do is hurt Ben, being the great guy that he is. So, when he was — I mean, it is a blur to me, but I remember, you know, trying to talk to him and then feeling like I was not sure what to say, and then he got down on one knee and it was just — I had to pull him up. It really was a whirlwind, and I think it is really hard to understand my fear there in that moment with all eyes on you and cameras on you.

JP, how would you rate your confidence going into the final rose ceremony?

JP: I was confident that — and I don't want to sound cocky at all — but I was confident after our Hong Kong date that I would be the last guy standing. I knew that what Ashley and I had was special and that there was really no way she could have with anybody else what the two of us had together.

If you had been in Ben’s position, how do you think you would have reacted?

JP: To be honest, I never really thought of that hypothetical situation because I felt so strongly that she was going to say yes for a while that I really never put myself in that mind set. I can understand Ben getting upset by it. I mean, right now if Ashley were to walk away from me, I would be devastated. So if Ben felt even a fraction of what I feel, I can understand him being hurt and sad.

Ashley, JP is Jewish and you’re not. Are you excited to learn about his faith?

Ashley: At first, I was nervous that his family would not be accepting me, but obviously that is not the case. ... The truth is I have been surrounded by a few — like three of my closest friends are Jewish, so I know a lot about it and I know a lot about the religion and the culture.

Would you raise your kids Jewish?

Ashley: I think that I am open to whatever JP wants to do, if he wants to raise our kids that way — Jewish — yes, actually, whatever you want, because I am very open and I do not — I am not really set on anything, so whatever makes him happy makes me happy.

JP: And religion was never really a factor for me at all. I'm in love, so I'm in love and you can't control it, and I know my family is going to love whoever I love, so it was never an issue when we talked about including holidays and Christmas with the family and Passover with my family, and it hasn't been a stumbling block at all.

How are you going to avoid the pitfalls past couples on the show have encountered?

Ashley: All I can tell you is that this show really brought us together. It built a really good relationship, I think. We confided in each other, we learned how to communicate, you know. We dealt with jealousy, we dealt with insecurity, we dealt with so many things early on. We built this great foundation, and now we are out here in the real world. We have been engaged for two months, but I feel like we have been together for years.

Do either of you have plans to do more television, like “Dancing With the Stars”?

Ashley: I don’t think you’ll be seeing us on TV unless you TiVo-ed those episodes [of “The Bachelorette”].

JP, are you ready for Ashley’s dog to move in?

JP: I always knew that it was a package deal with Ashley, so I am welcoming Boo’s arrival.

Ashley: He is already practicing his dog voice.

JP: That is not happening.

And JP, have you been calling Ashley “Cupcake”?

JP: Occasionally. Not as frequently as she would like.

Ashley: Oh, he will.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcakes Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:19 pm

'Bachelorette' already had 'honeymoon'

Roslyn's J.P. Rosenbaum, who successfully proposed to Ashley Hebert on Monday's finale of "The Bachelorette," plans to stay in his Manhattan apartment until his fiancé finishes dental school in September. Then, he says, "We'll look for a new place and move in together."
The two already had something of a honeymoon in Fiji, where the finale was taped. "After we were done [shooting] and got engaged, we spent four additional nights there together," Hebert, 26, said Tuesday in a Newsday interview with the lovebirds.
Rosenbaum, 34, who edged out Sonoma, Calif., winemaker Ben Flajnik for Hebert's hand, says going on the show had been out of character for him. But when a friend signed him up to audition, he went with it.

"I felt like I was in a rut and needed a change in my life," he says. "A close friend of mine nominated me online and then told me after she did it. I never thought anything would come of it." Yet, after an interview in New York and then being flown out to California for the final casting, "I got a call two weeks later saying I was going to be on the show."

The 1995 Herricks High School graduate was born in Manhattan but moved to Roslyn with his parents, Ilene and Peter Rosenbaum, when he was about a year old. He attended the University of Michigan, and majored in communication "kind of by default. I didn't know what I wanted to do after college and communication left it open."

After working briefly as a commercial real estate broker, he became an Internet advertising salesman. When the dot-com bubble burst, he backpacked in Australia for two months, still undecided on a career.
Fortunately, his brother Roy, who works in real estate financing, and their father, a former Columbia University linguistics professor and later a financial adviser, "were doing some real estate deals in Brooklyn, and they needed a guy on the construction site they could trust." Rosenbaum worked for his family during the day, while at night earning a master's degree in construction management at New York University's Schack Institute of Real Estate.

And though he declined to name the company for which he works, he's grateful that his bosses gave him the roughly 10 weeks off he needed to be on the show.

"Theoretically," he says, "they're responsible for me falling in love!"

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/bachelorette-already-had-honeymoon-1.3070123

heartbeat
cupcakes
cupcakes

Female Posts : 3568

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ashley and J.P - Media - No Discussion

+23
noobsleuth
monnica22
jashfan
kathylon
michie671