SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Page 44 of 80 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4  - Page 44 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Post by Kashathediva Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:17 pm

We have stated this countless times and will probably continue to do so. If I'm not mistaken, it is in the rules and sticky sections. (discussing facts vs opinions)
Here is the link: etiquette
However, I may simply start deleting posts from posters that can not grasp this idea. What I have found is there are those that choose not to read the "rules", etiquette" etc., but they tend to immediately contact a mod if one of their posts have been edited or deleted and they find that confusing or unjust.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4  - Page 44 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:24 pm

eversotrue wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:
eversotrue wrote:
Very. She's also like best friends with Leah.

How do we know she's best friends with Leah?
She's "like" best friends with Leah. They seem very close going off of what they say to one another on SM

Lauren H did post a picture of them together with the hashtag #bachelorbesties so I don't think you're wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:16 pm

In my very opinionated opinion, the words: "bestie", "bff" and "friend" are used more loosely and casually then they were say 12 years ago, particularly by the younger generation. I believe the distinction between friend and bff had to happen so as not to single anyone out on social media that wasn't a legitimate friend but merely an acquaintance. 

Before Facebook, where the meanings of friend and acquaintance were all lumped in together, friends were people you socialized with (didn't just know) and your best friends were your very very close friends. These needed to change with the times. But a couple of others that I've noticed young people in particular, are trying to change just because of simple misuse (that drives me nuts) are "literally" and "touché"! Let's please all band together to either: stop using words if we don't know their meaning, correct out kids and grandkids when they misuse a word. This has been a public service announcement. Hopping off now. :soapbox
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:44 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I think the safe thing to say is: So and so is friends with and corresponds with _________. To quantify how close or distant a relationship is with someone is subjective, based on observations.
It's objective to post photos etc, but to say someone is __________ is an interpretation.
SO--facts are ok, opinions stated as fact, not so much.    Opinions stated as facts spawn heated discussions of this interpretation vs that interpretation.
No one is right or wrong with an opinion as that is personal. However, a fact stands alone with it's data.
AND this in a nutshell is why mods are such sticklers on this subject.
I hope this makes sense and sinks in as it is getting tedious imo.

When posting non facts, the use of IMO In My Opinion, JMHO Just My Humble Opinion or anything similar must be used at all times. We cannot determine if the content is fact, or just an opinion if it isn't stated.

When making a statement, ensure you have facts to back up your statement. Simply saying Mary doesn't have a job doesn't confirm one way or another if Mary in fact doesn't have a job, or does have a job. We have many eyes watching our forum, we do not want to be the source of non factual information and we want members to know what is fact and what an opinion. Statements made without facts will be deleted.

Miscellaneous - Computing Etiquette

Please make sure the rules are followed, otherwise it's much easier for us to simply delete the post.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:51 am

So unrelated... I have been working on a fun video of "Likes"... Before I post it after work, I wanted to check if you all think Ben and cast and fans will find it funny or?
It is meant if good fun, but... my humour is sometimes... French Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:40 am

I can't wait to see it! yes

I think after watching their season, Ben and the girls have to chuckle at all the "likes" and at the very least, try and break the habit laugh out loud.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:00 pm

I think they'd think it's hilarious! Can't wait to see it. I think Amanda will be the 'like' winner.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:20 pm

I think that's a great idea. You will have to send it to Ben and everyone else in the vid. Sometimes when people actually see themselves that say a repetitive word, it helps them stop saying it.

Except Canadians, eh? The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4  - Page 44 3806527698

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:54 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I think that's a great idea. You will have to send it to Ben and everyone else in the vid. Sometimes when people actually see themselves that say a repetitive word, it helps them stop saying it.

Except Canadians, eh? The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4  - Page 44 3806527698
Yea, that ole eh gets a lot of play time. LOL.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:59 pm

Thanks guys! Dont know why I suddenly doubted! Hoping to leave work soon, so should be up once kiddos fed and in bed Smiley

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4  - Page 44 Empty I LIKE it!

Post by mimi grace Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:41 pm

sophienette wrote: So unrelated... I have been working on a fun video of "Likes"... Before I post it after work, I wanted to check if you all think Ben and cast and fans will find it funny or?
It is meant if good fun, but... my humour is sometimes... French Smiley

bestbud! LIKE Hi Sophie!

I LIKE really LIKE LIKE you! And I LIKE, LIKE really LIKE all of your videos and I LIKE think LIKE who wouldn't LIKE a LIKE video LIKE you know LIKE what I LIKE mean? Besides I LIKE, LIKE all things French as well!

You're LIKE the best!

xoMimi
mimi grace
mimi grace

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:01 pm

Thanks Sophie!!  I'm excited to see the Like like like video.  Laughter is always a good thing.  So fun. laugh out loud laugh out loud
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 80 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

+92
rc49ers
casjacknick
pander3575
agentcurls
Cinn3
richmondrose
Rosepetal
luvstx
Rdjbb
Julie81
mtnlvr55