SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 43 of 47 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 43 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by GreenGoddess Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:35 pm

Fingersandtoes wrote:One thing that annoyed me a lot in this episode (and previous episodes, previous seasons) is TPBP need to paint the lead as some sort of hero. There's no way flight attendant Lauren, who wants to get her pilot's licence was scared of flying in that small airplane. And no way war veteran Jubilee was afraid of going in that helicopter. There was no need for the "I was so scared but Ben calmed me down and helped me face my fears!!!!" edit.  

Ben IMO comes across as genuine , caring person, making a real effort to hear every lady out on their issues, having real conversations. No need to force more with the edits and scripts.

I have to respectfully disagree. I know of a few war vets who are scared to death to get on a helicopter. It has to do with things they saw happen while serving our country. So yes I do believe that Jubilee could have been afraid to go up in one. Think about what heli's are used for either taking you into a hot spot or evac of wounded a lot of the times. And Jubilee may be dealing with some PTSD we don't know as it can affect everyone differently. As for Lauren, being a flight attendant and wanting to get your pilots license is a lot different then hoping into a open canopy airplane, and a small airplane you are not in control of is a lot different then a big jet you aren't in control of. I didn't see them trying to paint Ben as a hero but just as a normal person.

GreenGoddess

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 43 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Alanna Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:36 pm

nutty1 wrote:I cannot wait for Sharleen's blog this week! I always love her perspective.
Why oh why didn't Ben snatch that rose away from Amber????
He is too good for this cruel, cruel world. He is becoming more likeable by the episode instead of the usual trajectory. I hope he keeps this up.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:47 pm

see2love wrote:And what was wrong with Jubilee telling Bn he was late? If the person you are going on a date in real life turns up late would it be a crime to point that out especially being a time concious military person. I like when comtestants dont treat the Lead like demi gods and act like they would n a real life sitiaution as opposed to the ones who always say the right things, never question the Lead and are very agreeable to everything the
Lead says/does.
Let him see you, flaws and all and you may have a better chance of the relatinship lasting outside the bubble. IMO.

Jubilee has a "blurt" issue when nervous, IMO. Despite how strong a woman she is to be a solider, she has insecurities when it comes to relationships. Some understandable but the other woman are not going to cut her any slack. Jubilee's demeanor alone with Ben is sweet, vulnerable and a little sassy all of which he likes. She is mild in comparison with Olivia and Lace, IMO. giggling

MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by limoncello Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:04 pm

Realme wrote:
Fingersandtoes wrote:One thing that annoyed me a lot in this episode (and previous episodes, previous seasons) is TPBP need to paint the lead as some sort of hero. There's no way flight attendant Lauren, who wants to get her pilot's licence was scared of flying in that small airplane. And no way war veteran Jubilee was afraid of going in that helicopter. There was no need for the "I was so scared but Ben calmed me down and helped me face my fears!!!!" edit.  

Ben IMO comes across as genuine , caring person, making a real effort to hear every lady out on their issues, having real conversations. No need to force more with the edits and scripts.

I have to respectfully disagree.  I know of a few war vets who are scared to death to get on a helicopter.  It has to do with things they saw happen while serving our country.  So yes I do believe that Jubilee could have been afraid to go up in one.  Think about what heli's are used for either taking you into a hot spot or evac of wounded a lot of the times.  And Jubilee may be dealing with some PTSD we don't know as it can affect everyone differently.  As for Lauren, being a flight attendant and wanting to get your pilots license is a lot different then hoping into a open canopy airplane, and a small airplane you are not in control of is a lot different then a big jet you aren't in control of.    I didn't see them trying to paint Ben as a hero but just as a normal person.

Ben also introduced this plane to Lauren as a "stunt plane" or whatever, doing all kind of monkey business. So I also understand her being nervous about it, since normal aeroplanes have a smoother route Smiley
maybe she did exaggerated a little bit but we all do on our first dates  Hugesmile
limoncello
limoncello

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:08 pm

Maddy wrote:The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 43 CZC_FcuUAAAM6eZ
Good Morning America ‏@GMA
Had to double check JoJo after a quick glance: thought @jadelizroper snuck into the @BachelorABC house. #TheBachelor

Maybe this has been discussed, and if so, I apologize for bringing it up.

This SC is supposedly a conversation with Jubilee. Watch the scene closely, as you never see Jojo & Jubilee in the same shot. I think each woman was individually talking to their producer & they frankenbited the scene together to make it seem like they were having a conversation.

The same goes for the earlier scene with Caila. You never see Jojo & Caila in the same frame. I think that whole scene is edited together as well.

My inner Sharleen Joynt is showing here. giggling
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:09 pm

I thought the same thing about JoJo and Jubilee, it seemed they were talking to a producer.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:10 pm

bowdown :Thanktwo

see2love wrote:And what was wrong with Jubilee telling Bn he was late? If the person you are going on a date in real life turns up late would it be a crime to point that out especially being a time concious military person. I like when comtestants dont treat the Lead like demi gods and act like they would n a real life sitiaution as opposed to the ones who always say the right things, never question the Lead and are very agreeable to everything the
Lead says/does.
Let him see you, flaws and all and you may have a better chance of the relatinship lasting outside the bubble. IMO.

That is what I was thinking too, why should she not call him out on his lateness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:41 pm

see2love wrote:It was a boring episode for me tbh. Lauren B is cute and likeable but very boring. So was Ben on that date with her. Jubilee's comment should not have been taken that seriously imo and it was all much ado about nthing.
I cant say she uses her past as a crutch because she lived it and s still livng it so in essence it will always be her crutch and its not my place to determine how long her past should affect her for.
Amber was sp out of line in this episde and was a mean girl and Jojo joined the mean squad tonight.
Olivia is deluded and it sure will blinside her when she is dropped from that high horse.
The dates in all have been underwhelming and even the villains are not villing enough. I hope the season picks up somewhat  going forward.
I really couldnt care less who the F1 is at this point.

I think this is a good thing. I've heard that they don't cast "normal" people on tv because it will be too boring. But some people called Ben boring too. I guess boring just means no drama. I don't think Lauren and Ben are boring at all, and to me they are just too cute! IMO, there are actually a lot of normal girls this season, not that many causing drama (lace, olivia, amber, jubilee). A little gossiping is normal, and the editing makes it look worse. If someone was rubbing me the wrong way, I'd prob be telling people about it too.

Caila still has not really annoyed me as much as I thought she would. Shushing was on GMA, and said Caila is her soul sister, and she's rooting for her to win. I like Caila, I just still think she is immature in relationships. The sobbing this early in the game just shows me that she's immature maybe not in life but in relationships.

I def think Ben is starting to like Olivia less, with her ankles toe comments. So stupid.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:44 pm

Nice to see Lace begin her redemption on last night's after buzz show. A nice mix of graciousness and hubris.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5320

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:12 pm

Lead says/does.

This! And this is one of the reasons I think Ben really likes Jubilee. She is being honest...moody, defensive, sarcastic...but she is being herself. I have yet to hear her say anything bad about anyone else and once she relaxed she seemed to explain herself well to Ben.

I watched the little deleted scene of Ben and Jubilee on the after and he seemed so relaxed with her. Much more so than I have seen him with anyone other than Lauren thus far. Don't necessarily think that they had chemistry, but I could see her being one of the women that he would keep around for a while because he genuinely liked her and enjoyed their time together without having the pressure that he feels with some of the others.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:24 pm

see2love wrote:It was a boring episode for me tbh. Lauren B is cute and likeable but very boring. So was Ben on that date with her. Jubilee's comment should not have been taken that seriously imo and it was all much ado about nthing.
I cant say she uses her past as a crutch because she lived it and s still livng it so in essence it will always be her crutch and its not my place to determine how long her past should affect her for.
Amber was sp out of line in this episde and was a mean girl and Jojo joined the mean squad tonight.
Olivia is deluded and it sure will blinside her when she is dropped from that high horse.
The dates in all have been underwhelming and even the villains are not villing enough. I hope the season picks up somewhat  going forward.
I really couldnt care less who the F1 is at this point.

Good Post Yes, I see your points and I agree with all of them. I'm allowed to change my mind I hope because I do it often. giggling
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:32 pm

ReneeM wrote:This episode made me unbelievably angry last night. I've never felt so emotionally invested in a contestant ever on the bachelor/ette as I do Jubilee. These girls are AWFUL. They can all GO, I dislike them ALL with the exception of lauren b. because I didn't see her do anything but the  others were so catty and mean girls - esque. I DON'T CARE whether they know her backstory or not, that's not an acceptable way to treat people. 

Also i'm SO SICK of people making things about them when in all actuality it has nothing to do with them. My entire life i've gone through having to put up with people making comments about me being stuck up or a b*tch because it's hard for me to interact with people I don't know. If I know you, I could talk to you about anything forever and if I don't I'm ridiculously socially awkward so it makes me closed off because I don't want to say the wrong thing. And people including my own family will think that just because i'm aware of this, that it makes it easier to put myself out there, it doesn't.

And this notion of jubilee 'using' her story to get ahead is so far off base IMO, BEN brought it up, HE continued probing on a topic that was clearly uncomfortable for her to talk about considering she pretty obviously didn't really get into the details. UGH this episode made me so mad.
Thank you ReneeM for sharing a bit of your personal experience. That may be why you were able to see this in Jubilee and understand why she was reacting this way.

It was obvious to me that Jubilee wasn't "using" her tragic family history to get ahead and didn't want to share it with Ben. Maybe some viewers don't know that Ben has volunteered in Haiti for several years and knows quite well what Haitians have endured. Ben's personal experience with the tragedies suffered by many Haitians is likely why he continued probing Jubilee for details. He is both empathetic and sympathetic. At this point, Ben is the best Bachelor this silly show has had...and it isn't even close. IMHO.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 47 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+62
dandelioninspring
Longhornfan
bleuberry
bilolo
Mommyof2