SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 44 of 47 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 44 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by rhondam Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:33 am

Alanna wrote:I'm going to be contrarian to the group here and speculate that Lauren is likely a little b!tchy herself but is about 100x smarter and more confident than the other women. Ben likes those types of girls as evidenced by his f6, how is it possible f1 doesn't possess even a little bit of those qualities? I don't buy it fully that she's this totally innocent princess essentially. 

And the story with her dad and simple pleasures? I'm sure it's real to an extent but it's also perfectly, perfectly understanding her audience and telling him exactly what melted his heart and made him see her as apart from the insane asylum of the house and part of his normal, true reality. Lauren was like him from his world, everyone else was from a different dimension. Don't get me wrong, I don't think she's playing him or doing anything fake/wrong, but she's very smart and at least slightly strategic here imo.

Another Good Post ! I've thought these exact same things. It's nice when your thoughts are corroborated so you don't wonder if you're completely out to lunch. laugh out loud
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 44 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:45 am

I don't buy that she's this innocent princess and I think that everyone, no matter your gender, gossips. However, there is a difference between just mindless gossip and acting superior, condescending, and unempathetic. So far, I haven't seen Lauren exhibit those traits and, call me naive, I don't think that's editing.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:34 am

So many great posts this morning. I couldn't quote them all but liked many!

As I see it, this episode was heavily edited and slanted and cannot wait for Sharleen's blog post too. AfterBuzz had some great insight too.

I sympathize with Jubilee, I really do and I see no racial undertones being played but I did understand her insecurities but disliked how she displayed them. I think it was Albean that said moody and up and down and that would get exhausting to be around for the length of time they've been living together. As far as Ben "probing" her, I didn't see him probing her to tell her story, I saw him encouraging her to continue on with it when she paused. IMO, he was telling her without actually telling her, that she had his full attention and he knew that what she wanted/needed to say was difficult but it was okay to proceed, she could trust him, there would be no judgement from him.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by limoncello Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:59 am

nothatgirl wrote:I don't buy that she's this innocent princess and I think that everyone, no matter your gender, gossips. However, there is a difference between just mindless gossip and acting superior, condescending, and unempathetic. So far, I haven't seen Lauren exhibit those traits and, call me naive, I don't think that's editing.

I don't even think she's trying to be an innocent princess. You could see by her reactions during the cocktail party in the ep.2, when Ben gave her the picture of them being together. if she was trying to play up this game, she would be all "that's like the cutest thing ever, aw thank you so much Ben", which she wasn't. All she did was nod and smile, which I find refreshing. JMO. Praying
limoncello
limoncello

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:15 pm

Call me crazy, but I actually like Jubilee. The whole show is a snooze fest this season. :yes:
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:50 pm

I liked Jubilee and Lauren's dates, they were normal dates with serious conversations.
Jubilee is interesting and you can see that she intrigues Ben and he seems to like her but i think her sensitive side will worn him out.
I'm team Jubilee on this one, she did nothing wrong, these girls are so annoying ugh.

Besides, can i say how proud i'm of my Benny boy, he's rocking it :yes:
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:14 pm

I'm surprised, 3 episodes in and they havent had SeanCat on the after show laugh out loud. Thought they'd have them announce the baby news in person. Weird. How many more after shows are here?

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 44 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:44 pm

julychild wrote:A lot of the whole gang up on Jubilee scenes last night was clever editing. Yes, a lot of the girls were upset that someone who already had a rose was taking more time, but I could see nearly all the moments that were edited to make it appear worse than how it really was.

As a matter of fact, the whole episode appeared, to me, a little more over edited than most.

Thank you for saying this!!!  I am not that good at it, but even I saw lots of times where there were gaps in conversations that didn't flow, and I know after all of this time that what we see is not necessarily what really happened.  It is just like they showed us on the show Unreal last year. A lot of what we see is spliced into other conversations. And the same thing is done with footage that is filmed.

And for that reason, I am not going to form an opinion on any of the remaining women - good or bad - based on that alone.  In one way or another, they have all been assigned certain roles by the editing department.  Who would have ever thought that we would have seen that big of a turn around on Lace's story last night?  I just have to remind myself that we only get to see and hear an edited version of these people, so that I don't fall for all of their editing tricks.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:33 pm

Robert Mills (tweets) seems to be "promoting" Jubilee quite a bit by saying nice and positive things last night.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:37 pm

bleuberry wrote:I'm surprised, 3 episodes in and they havent had SeanCat on the after show laugh out loud. Thought they'd have them announce the baby news in person. Weird. How many more after shows are here?
Just one more after show, I believe. A total of 4 BL shows only.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:37 pm

Idlemess wrote:Robert Mills (tweets) seems to be "promoting" Jubilee quite a bit by saying nice and positive things last night.

Us Weekly is promoting Jubilee as the next Bachelorette as well.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:39 pm

Good I hope she gets it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 47 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 3 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+62
dandelioninspring
Longhornfan
bleuberry
bilolo
Mommyof2