SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 63 of 65 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 63 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Miyala Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:41 pm

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 63 3806527698

Miyala

Female Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 63 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by rhondam Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:42 pm

jupi wrote:So I just finished watching the whole episode (I only saw Lauren's HTD previously), and can I just say that JoJo's mom made the show for me laugh out loud My favorite moments:

- JoJo: I just don't want to get hurt.
 JoJo's mom: You're not going to get hurt, you're beautiful.

- JoJo: There's three other girls still involved.
 JoJo's mom: Oh.

- Drinking straight from the wine bottle (with JoJo's dad quickly telling her to put it down, probably because he remembered the cameras were rolling)

- Standing at the door and kind of spying on Ben and JoJo when they were leaving the house

I also thought it was nice of her to stand up for Ben when the brothers were confronting him, saying it wasn't easy for him
Apparently she doesn't even drink. Danny Hoyt (somehow knows this) from AfterBuzz said on Monday's recap. Lol it would've definitely been stressful, I would've just grabbed whatever was in front of me too! Lucky for her it was champagne! laugh out loud
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:46 pm

agentcurls wrote:Maybe her cabinets were bare because she away filming? Just a thought.
She could be like Carrie Bradshaw of SITC, who said she used her oven for storage! giggling
Yes and there was a decanter or two on a higher shelf (JoJo's height) in the kitchen. Who would keep it up that high or there? It looked out of place. Perhaps production assistants or set directors or whoever from the show didn't like stuff the way it was and moved stuff around or out of sight.  no idea
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:09 am

bleuberry wrote:Just watched and followed along in here. So many hilarious posts, I was on a liking spree. Seton, please keep posting laugh out loud.

will do. Hugesmile
if it's on my screen, imma gonna comment on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:36 am

Finally watched (Bauren and BenJo's anyway).
It's true, the guy has got it bad for Lauren and those tears were genuine, I think. But I do think the tears came more easily because:
1) he wasn't on guard with an alpha-male & Mollie (a sweet & kind female) made him feel more vulnerable.
2) out of RELIEF (was done being grilled at Jo's)
3) Pent-up emotional and sexual energy (I'm sure he wants it BAD, & I'm sure he wants to tell Lauren is true feelings but has been told to wait.
IMO.
The poor guy cried sending Amanda home. And I'm pretty sure there wasn't much love lost there on either side.

On a side note, I don't recall Lauren checking in with Ben about how he feels about anything. It does seem like she is The Bachelorette, with Ben being very supportive and nurturing towards her, so that says a lot about his feelings towards her. I would like to see Lauren doing more of the same with Ben.
Part of her theme is she falls fast & hard. She did tell Ben she wanted to meet his parents on their first date. It was kind of sweet and a bit awkward (looks like Ben loved it), but I find it strange that it was left in the edit. And TPTB really knocked us over the head with Lauren's ITMs/VOs saying she loves Ben (5 times).  Lauren's edit has me curious about how it all unfolds.

JoJo's HTD was not so bad. I'm surprised more HTDs don't go down like this, honestly. It was maybe a bit set-up, but it wasn't as "fake" as I thought it was going to be based on the feedback on this forum. The one brother could've been more tactful, but maybe he was swigging a whole bottle of wine, too.
What was really nice was JoJo being able to eloquently articulate how she was feeling. So if she is F2 and not the "Ette, it's my loss.
I see a less strained physical chemistry between BenJo, but as some have suggested, maybe he is still more nervous around Lauren so that could play at part. (Sorry, even those FD ocean pics are not doing it for me yet).
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:04 am

Great post (again)! Smiley 

I've been thinking off and on since the beginning about how on my screen Ben can so obviously be completely ga-ga in love for Lauren while simultaneously also showing genuine caring, lovey type feelings for JoJo as well. 

I see that they are each quite different and he likes different characteristics about each. But I also see more of an "I'll take care of you, protective" stance with JoJo because I think he can already feel her love back even if her mind is telling her she shouldn't go all in. 

With Lauren I see him still in a somewhat "chase or worry mode hence exciting and adrenaline producing" because she seems to still be holding back a little bit (perhaps because of it being a tv show after all) but enough to worry him. 

Due to all of this and the pressure he's placed on himself to do this once and get it right, I believe he is genuinely tortured about who is ultimately going to be the right wife/partner for him. I'm actually beginning to feel a teensy bit sorry for him at this point.
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:30 am

agentcurls wrote:
Part of her theme is she falls fast & hard. She did tell Ben she wanted to meet his parents on their first date. It was kind of sweet and a bit awkward (looks like Ben loved it), but I find it strange that it was left in the edit. And TPTB really knocked us over the head with Lauren's ITMs/VOs saying she loves Ben (5 times).  Lauren's edit has me curious about how it all unfolds.

What do you think her edit is saying, AC?
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:46 am

veg_out wrote:
agentcurls wrote:

What do you think her edit is saying, AC?

She did say to Ben that she was picky. And that comment from dad to Lauren about Ben not being perfect. Then the comment about "Ben is my person....I was meant to meet Ben" It all maybe points to her having an idealism streak.
It could mean that Ben is feeling those same dreamy feelings and they wrap it all up nicely at the end with the edit coming full circle and a sweeping proposal, etc.
What of post-show, though? Will Lauren truly be ok with what transpired on tv? Will she truly be ok with Ben, the boy-next-door from Warsaw? I know she said that in an ITM (it sounded to me like a scripted line, even if she thought she delivered it genuinely at the time) Will all her lovey-dovey feelings last outside of the bubble, IRW?

If by very tiny chance there is a foiler, the edit could be showing us the theme of the quick hot flame vs. the slower burn. It's been done before. Also, Ash H with Brad comes to mind. She kind of unraveled during FDs with fear and insecurities although not sure it would've made a difference (Emily).
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:57 am

rhondam wrote:Great post (again)! Smiley 

I've been thinking off and on since the beginning about how on my screen Ben can so obviously be completely ga-ga in love for Lauren while simultaneously also showing genuine caring, lovey type feelings for JoJo as well. 

I see that they are each quite different and he likes different characteristics about each. But I also see more of an "I'll take care of you, protective" stance with JoJo because I think he can already feel her love back even if her mind is telling her she shouldn't go all in. 

With Lauren I see him still in a somewhat "chase or worry mode hence exciting and adrenaline producing" because she seems to still be holding back a little bit (perhaps because of it being a tv show after all) but enough to worry him. 

Due to all of this and the pressure he's placed on himself to do this once and get it right, I believe he is genuinely tortured about who is ultimately going to be the right wife/partner for him. I'm actually beginning to feel a teensy bit sorry for him at this point.

I agree.
And probably why I see a more "flowy" & comfortable physical chemistry with BenJo and as some have suggested it hasn't maybe boded well for JoJo in comparison to Lauren.

agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:40 pm

agentcurls wrote:If by very tiny chance there is a foiler, the edit could be showing us the theme of the quick hot flame vs. the slower burn. It's been done before. Also, Ash H with Brad comes to mind. She kind of unraveled during FDs with fear and insecurities although not sure it would've made a difference (Emily).

I've only watched the last two episodes, and from Ben's interaction with his F2 and some posts that I have read here, it wouldn't suprise me at all if there was a different ending than predicted.
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:05 pm

Hometown dates for me was pretty clear who Ben choses in the end, there is no way it's not Lauren from what we have been shown.

If the ending for some reason is Benjo instead of Benlo, hearts will be shattered. That will be the biggest upset in bachelor history for Benlo fans

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove   The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 63 1f49b   The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 63 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 63 Empty Cheers!

Post by realitytvobsessedfan Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:18 pm

cantstopl

Hey all- new the the group!  JoJo's mom was hilarious!!
rhondam wrote:
jupi wrote:So I just finished watching the whole episode (I only saw Lauren's HTD previously), and can I just say that JoJo's mom made the show for me laugh out loud My favorite moments:

- JoJo: I just don't want to get hurt.
 JoJo's mom: You're not going to get hurt, you're beautiful.

- JoJo: There's three other girls still involved.
 JoJo's mom: Oh.

- Drinking straight from the wine bottle (with JoJo's dad quickly telling her to put it down, probably because he remembered the cameras were rolling)

- Standing at the door and kind of spying on Ben and JoJo when they were leaving the house

I also thought it was nice of her to stand up for Ben when the brothers were confronting him, saying it wasn't easy for him
Apparently she doesn't even drink. Danny Hoyt (somehow knows this) from AfterBuzz said on Monday's recap. Lol it would've definitely been stressful, I would've just grabbed whatever was in front of me too! Lucky for her it was champagne! laugh out loud
realitytvobsessedfan
realitytvobsessedfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 65 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+89
richmondrose
mysthelma
moonchild
jupi
Luvstruck
bl.air
bleuberry
Jolena
2observe
bilolo
Buckeye_Fan