SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Page 41 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 41 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:55 pm

I think that if Lauren wants to try on wedding dresses, good for her, she is home with her mother and sister and it is just fun to do that together.   Ben seems happy for them to start wedding planning.  As long as it is what they both want to do, and neither is pushing the other.... I say enjoy yourself and go try on some wedding dresses Lauren!!!!

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 41 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Post by suzq Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:03 pm

From what I have observed so far, Ben and Lauren really view each other as their fiancee and the person that they intend to spend the rest of their life with.  To me, that says something pretty powerful and just because they met on a TV show does not make those feelings or intentions any different or less valid than people who get engaged the more "traditional way" and date the "normal amount of time".  Everyone has life stress -- that's part of being in a relationship.

I wish them well in being engaged and getting married and I really am not worried about whether they make it or not.  I get the strong feeling that they will rely on friend, family and faith for strong support in making their relationship work and thrive.  That is a lot more than many people who get married have.  ALL JMO

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:05 pm

Does anyone else think that they really didn't talk about wedding planning during that Blazers game? That whole exchange is suspect, imo... I think they were telling the reporter and their fans what they want to hear for the time being so that they don't have to keep getting "the question"...."so, are you all planning the big day?" etc...... For what reason, not sure...to keep everyone tuned in and not worried about them as a couple...or to perpetuate their post-show story line? Both maybe. (imo)

Let's see how these two are doing 3-6 months from now, living together and dealing with one another's quirks while conducting their everyday lives away from the excitement of being filmed. This is going to be a true test of whether Lauren really fell in love with Warsaw Ben or fell in love with the idea of Bachelor Ben who thrillingly chased her on television.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:06 pm

Well, I don't think one flippant comment from them - that in a loving moment they said they wanted to start wedding planning- should be taken as Gospel as that is exactly what they are doing. They were just being playful, loving and fun with each other and the interviewer.

I've watched pretty much all the seasons. I know the drill about how they all say the same things. I almost never believe the couples. With Ben and Lauren, I freely admit I drank the Kool-Aid. I believe them. I believe that they *want* to work anyway, whether they actually do is life, and we'll see. I don't see anything about either that makes me think they are immature or acting childless. If anything, I think they are actualy INCREDIBLY mature, rational, and level headed for a couple of 27-26 year-olds. Not taking Twitter endorcement deals, going back to real work, living in the house Ben owns, getting families very involved, going to church together, praying together.

But whatever... I'll just sit over here and sip on my Kool-Aid and watch the feet. cantstopl
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:11 pm

Why is it some sort of bad judgement to start planning a wedding or trying on dresses just because it feels too soon? I think only Ben and Lauren truly know that to be honest. Good for them! Almost every woman dreams of her wedding. And every man dreams of marrying the one for him. I'd be much more questioning Ben and Lauren planning a wedding already if they weren't really together at all post finale. They've been together ever since the finale. They honestly just strike me as two people very much in love, that have support from both families, seem over the bachelor bubble and can't wait to get married and start a life together. If it's meant to be it will be regardless how soon or how late everything will happen.
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:14 pm

I don't think some people saying about they think it's quick about jumping to a wedding planning a bad thing though . I don't think some should feel bad about it . Wether you like it or not they are still going to enter the real life phase of their life . This is not a snarking post. It is what it is . They are just being real here. They seem doing well and making the most of it their post life now . Jmo.

Last edited by lovebites8727 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 41 Eb97c9
Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 41 9zt107Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 41 XgicucBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 41 Oaw2uvBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 41 2pqw5k8Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 41 30szzauBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 41 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:18 pm

I will also say both strike me as very monogamous people who just want to settle down. Especially Ben, but that impression could also just be because we "know" him better than Lauren. I also get the same vibe from Lauren too. Neither strike me as playing the field types. Both have mostly married friends- lots with kids. They are from nuclear families - Ben is a Midwest churchy guy. Maybe they just feel ready and they feel ready for each other. Like it's just the life they want. Yes, it's about finding the right person, but you also need to find the right person at the right point in life, if that makes sense. I just think these two are at that point.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:23 pm

I have no clue why Ben would bring it up, that Lauren brought up wedding planning during the game, if it didn't really happen. That would make no sense. I think the subject has come up with her mother and sister, they talked about trying on wedding dresses (they did bring out their mothers wedding dress according to Lauren's snap chat) and Lauren wanted to okay it with Ben.

I really don't see Ben and Lauren immature either, they're looking to be on a solid path to moving to Denver (they already think she has moved there). They plan on going back to their jobs, the same ones they had before the show), and just getting back to normal life. Trying on wedding dresses and looking for wedding venues isn't that big of a deal, when they are actually planning on getting married. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:31 pm

agentcurls wrote:Does anyone else think that they really didn't talk about wedding planning during that Blazers game? That whole exchange is suspect, imo... I think they were telling the reporter and their fans what they want to hear for the time being so that they don't have to keep getting "the question"...."so, are you all planning the big day?" etc...... For what reason, not sure...to keep everyone tuned in and not worried about them as a couple...or to perpetuate their post-show story line? Both maybe. (imo)

Let's see how these two are doing 3-6 months from now, living together and dealing with one another's quirks while conducting their everyday lives away from the excitement of being filmed. This is going to be a true test of whether Lauren really fell in love with Warsaw Ben or fell in love with the idea of Bachelor Ben who thrillingly chased her on television.

I suspect that could be quite possible. I also don't think that Ben and Lauren were totally innocent in showing PDA and the game the other night. I watched those videos closely and there were a number of times that both Ben and Lauren caught glimpse of the cameras. I don't think they're out of the bubble quiet yet and should think long and hard before they rush into marriage.
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:34 pm

Here is another instance that illustrates there maturity, IMO. One comment Ben made in one of the post-show interviews said it all. When questioned about how they were planning to make it down the aisle, he said their plan is to make it a lifetime, the wedding isn't the end goal, it's just a step on the way, or something along those lines. I forget his exact wording. It stuck me as very mature though, and it said a lot about their relationship and maturity. The wedding is just a day. A lot of these couples fixate on that day. I get the impression Ben and Lauren are actually taking a much more mature view on exactly what this commitment is. Not just the party.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:42 pm

I haven't really seen the real world steps quite yet from them that indicate they are ready for marriage. It's only been a month so it's not absolutely 100% necessary at this point because they are still in the bubble/honeymoon stage. In the fall if they are all settled in Denver, starting to talk about a wedding, maybe taking some premarital counseling through their church, etc. then it will feel more real. Until then, it's too early to tell IMO.

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 41 87b72b10 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 41 86669110 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 41 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:59 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Tiggerlgh wrote:
Al wrote:Ya I don't think they're hardcore wedding planning yet imo.

No she just said she asked him during the game if they could start planning.  My guess its more trying on a few dresses with her Mom and Sister and not much more at this point.

As I read sleepy's post between interviews it became going to plan our wedding. Doesn't matter, but she doesn't need Ben's permission to try on dresses. And trying on dresses is different than wedding planning to me. Just my interpretation.

This is my opinion and interpretation of all I have read here. Lauren is changing her whole life. Different city, different job or no job, and bam let's get married. They have yet to live real life, where everything isn't exciting and fun. Where you come home tired from work and every night isn't lets go out here and see people and do stuff. Real life is in the everyday. These two have had no normal at all. If any couple talked about planning their wedding one month after their finale, before they ever settled into a stable life, I would have said the same. In SeanCat's case they were waiting to consummate the relationship and officially live together. That is not the case here.

Ben and Lauren have not entered the real world IMO. I think wedding planning sounds silly and like Lauren needs to focus on something to ease over all her life changes. To me that is a red flag. I maybe completely wrong, but if Lauren were my relative or friend I would ask her why she needs to rush. Why not give yourself a little time to make sure this new life is what you really want.

All JMO

I think they have handled a big stress already by staying with future in laws for days at a time and still look happy and it seems they handled it very well. From what we have seen so far they seem to communicate very well. Lets not forget they spent weekends together in isolation with just each other to focus on, so I am sure they learned a lot about each other.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

+76
hae1001
Anon1234
babs
kayfay
alwaysvictoria