SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Page 40 of 80 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 40 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Post by Cocoasneeze Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:55 pm

Haven't all the successful bach couples got married quite fast after the show ended? Ben and Lauren have been together non stop for a month, traveling together, basically doing everything together. They don't seem to have any doubts. If they plan to marry late 2016-early 2017, it still leaves 6-8 months living together. If that becomes a mess, there is time to call it all off. Jmo.

IMO the whole bach system instills this marriage urgency in the contestants minds. But I think neither Ben and Lauren would want a long engagement regardless. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 40 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Post by sosleepy Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:00 pm

I think actual real wedding planning won't really pick up for them until the fall when ABC kicks things into high gear for them (I hope). Any wedding planning they do right now is probably just for fun- trying on dresses, thinking about colors, deciding if they want to do it private vs. public (which is really their biggest decision). The timeline from engagement to wedding will likely not be much different from past couple's timelines- they have all gone fast. Regardless if they are thinking about the wedding or not, they will likely have par for the course time IRL similar to what other franchise couples had. All JMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:06 pm

The fastest who got married is janner . After six or eight months I guess .since they were from BIP and not that much attention to that series like the bachelor /bachelorette itself . They moved to KS all the way . I don't hink it's a big deal if it's too early or not on jumping to wedding planning . They can always do what they think is they feel about it . But I can't blame if some think it's quick. I get that why they are saying it. Although even they will jump to wedding planning soon . I would think if they get married not this year for sure . Maybe around next year especially if this is going to be televised. jmo.

Last edited by lovebites8727 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 40 Eb97c9
Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 40 9zt107Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 40 XgicucBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 40 Oaw2uvBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 40 2pqw5k8Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 40 30szzauBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 40 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:06 pm

Nothing wrong with planning and talking about what they want and like. If it does get picked up to be televised then they already know what they want and just need to let the people know what their preferences are.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:09 pm

Ya I don't think they're hardcore wedding planning yet imo.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:16 pm

Al wrote:Ya I don't think they're hardcore wedding planning yet imo.

No she just said she asked him during the game if they could start planning. My guess its more trying on a few dresses with her Mom and Sister and not much more at this point.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:23 pm

I will say, and this is obviously just my opinion, but based on interviews and what they have said, Ben and Lauren consider themselves like legit engaged- actually each other's fiancé and headed to the alter. I mean, Ben proposed twice. And it's just the vibe I get from everything they have said. Some other couples view the "engagement" more of a lets date and see what happens IRL. Neither is necessarily right or wrong, it's just different couples viewing their relationship differently. Some are more cautious and realistic, others a little more romantic and throwing caution to the wind.

As someone else wisely said up thread, the only two that know what's right for them are the two that are in the relationship. They'll make decisions for themselves, based on what they think and feel. Again, all JMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:31 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:
Al wrote:Ya I don't think they're hardcore wedding planning yet imo.

No she just said she asked him during the game if they could start planning.  My guess its more trying on a few dresses with her Mom and Sister and not much more at this point.

As I read sleepy's post between interviews it became going to plan our wedding. Doesn't matter, but she doesn't need Ben's permission to try on dresses. And trying on dresses is different than wedding planning to me. Just my interpretation.

This is my opinion and interpretation of all I have read here. Lauren is changing her whole life. Different city, different job or no job, and bam let's get married. They have yet to live real life, where everything isn't exciting and fun. Where you come home tired from work and every night isn't lets go out here and see people and do stuff. Real life is in the everyday. These two have had no normal at all. If any couple talked about planning their wedding one month after their finale, before they ever settled into a stable life, I would have said the same. In SeanCat's case they were waiting to consummate the relationship and officially live together. That is not the case here.

Ben and Lauren have not entered the real world IMO. I think wedding planning sounds silly and like Lauren needs to focus on something to ease over all her life changes. To me that is a red flag. I maybe completely wrong, but if Lauren were my relative or friend I would ask her why she needs to rush. Why not give yourself a little time to make sure this new life is what you really want.

All JMO
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:39 pm

Maybe Lauren & Ben already know this is what they really want so why not get a head start planning the wedding. The only thing they're missing is the working commute from 9-5 from Ben since I don't think Lauren will go back to flying. I'm sure they've talked about everything already. The normalcy is still going to happen while they're planning the wedding. They can still live a normal life and plan a wedding. If they don't make it and call it off then thats on them. I think both can happen at the same time. Nothing wrong with it. Jmo
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:41 pm

I'm trying really hard not to compare couples, stuck. But every member of the married club basically had similar circumstances. One half (always seems to be the woman  Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 40 1f60f ) changes everything about their life, they take the engagement seriously as a real engagement, and they are married within 12-18 months. It's the trajectory for all the married couples from this franchise. **Edited**
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:50 pm

The married couples have all followed this trajectory (getting married in the spring and starting our 16 child family ASAP!) as have all the couples that broke up within months laugh out loud So I think Lauren can hold off on the wedding dress shenanigans for a few days here.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:54 pm

sosleepy wrote:I'm trying really hard not to compare couples, stuck. But every member of the married club basically had similar circumstances. One half (always seems to be the woman) changes everything about their life, they take the engagement seriously as a real engagement, and they are married within 12-18 months. It's the trajectory for all the married couples from this franchise. I don't see why Ben and Lauren taking a greatly similar path should be standing out for critique? Unless you are critiquing them all, which I guess is fair.

In my recollection none of the marrieds were talking about the wedding one month after the finale. I already discussed Trista and Ryan and how they were both still pursuing LA opportunities. Molly was in Wisconsin and Jason was in Seattle. Ashley was finishing dental school and looking at residencies. SeanCat were in DWTS mode and Des ramped up wedding plans after their engagement party in January after their season. So none of the others have talked about wedding planning at this point.

DeAnna and Jesse did, they even had a website. Emily talked about a Charleston wedding at this point. But those are the only two I remember talking about planning their wedding one month after the finale.

Maybe they are great. It all seems rushed to me. I still maintain they don't know each other in the real world. They are still in the bubble.

I have been wrong many times before. But this is way to quick to me. Honestly, to me it is almost a little manic. Like she can't handle not having something to focus on. It is all my bias and my opinion.

Oddly, I had no problem with Jade and Tanner marrying when they did. But Ben and Lauren seem like immature kids rushing things before they have given the butterflies a chance to settle. All JMO
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 80 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

+76
hae1001
Anon1234
babs
kayfay
alwaysvictoria