SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Page 78 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 78 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Post by SarahD Fri May 27, 2016 2:56 am

I really just think some people can't get over the fact that Ben chose Lauren over Jojo. Lauren is the best match for Ben and that's why He chose her. He is the best judge of that...no one else.

Have you seen the guys Jojo chose? They couldn't be any different from Ben. As most people who like Jojo say, Ben and Lauren are boring and farina. Jojo is fun and hot yadi yadi yada. Who cares about that? When she's all wrinkly and saggy those things won't matter.

What matters in a marriage in the long run is compatibility of two people. Similar faith, similar values...that's what Ben and Lauren have IMO. Jojo hopefully found it in her chosen F1.

What's wrong with Emily's post is that there's no need to drag Ben in Jojo's search. Ben has nothing to do with it other than getting her on that path by not choosing her. He didn't see her as his potential mate. It does not matter if Jojo is prettier and sexier than Lauren (which I personally don't think so). He loves Lauren more and saw a future with her. End of story.

It goes without saying...everything I say is IMO.
SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 78 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Fri May 27, 2016 3:13 am

Actually I think Ben and Lauren have the right idea, they don't let the opinions of others who don't know them or effect them upset them. They win by not caring.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri May 27, 2016 4:38 am

I don't see how some of these comments don't affect them on some level though (especially Lauren). I mean, have you seen some of the crap that still gets posted on her personal social media about Ben and JoJo? Just because the girl is all class, and would never say so publicly, well, it would take nerves of steel not to let it affect her at all privately. In fact, just yesterday she responded to a fan on Twitter who said she had so much respect for Lauren for being dragged in every interview rehashing Ben and JoJo and people need to move on with blowing kisses emojis, so it must affect her on some level, how could it not? I know, I know, the price you pay when you sign up for this and yada, yada. It doesn't make it right.

JoJo got a bangin' edit because clearly they were setting her up for the next lead. We see a highly edited version of the first 4-5 dates these people have at the extreme beginning of their relationships. We don't know what the leads are truly thinking and feeling, so it's incredibly rude for people, six, going on seven months and lots of real life later, to still be telling Lauren TO HER FACE via social media comments like Ben "shoulda picked JoJo." Hopefully, as someone else suggested, once JoJo becomes better known for her own drama and her F1, and it starts to become crystal that Ben isn't even her type (nor is she Ben's), and once Ben and Lauren get married some of this subsides and people can move on.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Fri May 27, 2016 5:41 am

^
ITA. I looked at Ben's twitter mentions on the premiere night, and it was brutal. But craziest was, that a lot of it was directed at Lauren, and she has done nothing 'wrong' (I don't think any lead does anything wrong in the end picking one/none of the ladies). The comments toward her can be really brutal, and many are hidden behind 'concern for Ben'. I personally appreciate them sharing pictures and snaps of their life, but if I was in their spot, I couldn't handle the comments, I'd have no sm presence.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2016 6:08 am

I think, it occurs every season!
I don't think the situation is worse for this particular couple, it's just the same kind of things happening every single season when the new lead is a past contestant.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri May 27, 2016 8:52 am

If it is too much for them then walk away. Make your SM private, skip the tv wedding and seriously live life in a private manner. It can be done if one chooses to. No more free trips and concert or movie invites. Just be a couple living together happily going about everyday life. They enjoy the perks and are quite graciously dealing with the wackadoodles who think they know what they should do with their lives better than they do.

So yeah, I don't feel sorry, if they truly wanted to avoid all the negativity they could. They have decided to enjoy the perks, so they have to put up with the negative. Just like every other contestant who has gone on this show. It is no worse for them than anyone else.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri May 27, 2016 8:59 am

From what I notice/d: people think Ben should of picked JoJo over Lauren for a few reasons:

1) She's more attractive: sexier, prettier, better hair (I saw this one allllll the time...apparently Lauren has raggedy stringy dry hair and bad roots), better tan, better body/boobs, better clothes, better walk (apparently Lauren waddled like a duck) ( honestly, I noticed this too...especially the last few episodes, but I think it had to do with the bachelor weight gain than something that was normal to her or she just hurt herself or something..) curvier, etc. So all superficial in this reasoning.

2) She's more relatable: fun, outgoing, humorous, silly, personable, showed "real" emotions/reactions/feelings, etc. Apparently, from what I would read on SM, Lauren was just plain ole boring. Uptight, monotone, just "there", people especially didn't like that she "didn't show any emotion" (she was always the "same". Never happy, angry, upset, worried, just the "same".) Again, superficial. But people call/called Ben boring too.. Which then was made into a punching bag joke when he didn't pick JoJo, like: "Ben and Lauren belong together, they're both dim humorless bores. And now JoJo is ETTE, yay!"

3) She and Ben were more "real" together: they were "BFF", Ben always went to her for advice/comfort, they "been through things", their relationship was the most "realistic" (crying on bathroom floor, questioning one another, breaking the 4th wall, if you will), his parents liked her better, she knew how to take care of him right away, especially without parents asking, etc. Apparently, Lauren and Ben were only in "la la land" the whole time and were acting like teenagers in their approach with one another. So, this reasoning is not as superficial, but still up there.

^^ Those were the reasons why Ben should of picked JoJo over Lauren, from what I saw on SM (Twitter, IG, forums.) Honestly, it had less to do with Lauren and Ben being compatible and more to do with people just preferring JoJo to her in general. From what I noticed, people barely took into account that Ben was pretty much obssessed with Lauren from the get go and stared at her like the sun shined out of her a**. People just liked JoJo wayyyy more as a person, so they therefore just wanted/thought she deserved to be with Ben on that alone...even though most of those people thought Ben was boring and JoJo was super fun. Strange huh? Yeah, the logic wasn't there with that one.. *sigh*

Last edited by Lennoxcolinrolland on Fri May 27, 2016 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Fri May 27, 2016 9:11 am

This kinda stuff just comes with the territory. And no, it doesn't stop unless you go completely off social media. I've seen previous leads get comments that they should have picked someone else years after they were on the show and they are married to who they pick.

I'd hope the comments don't bother them. But if they do, they have a long road ahead and they need to get off social media.

Last edited by umngirl on Fri May 27, 2016 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 78 87b72b10 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 78 86669110 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 78 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri May 27, 2016 9:13 am

Agreed no logic here. Ben and Lauren are clearly the couple that should have walked away together and Jo is clearly the woman that should have been the lead at the end of last season. Everything happened as it should imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Fri May 27, 2016 9:34 am

I have to point out, that I haven't once heard Ben or Lauren complain or comment about this negativity on sm. They've many times said that they're thankful for the opportunities, it feels surreal, and it's now settling down. They have a few times posted something which makes me think they do read the comments at times, like when Lauren posts pictures of her goddaughter, she's pointed out that she and Ben didn't miracliously have a baby, she's not their child. And Lauren has replied with turning a negative comment about her into a positive. So I don't think it bothers them that much, maybe the positivity far outshines the negativity, because they do get tons of positive comments too.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri May 27, 2016 9:56 am

The hate seems to be a game in a way for these people. It's a bit psychotic IMO. They hate because they know they can... And like it's been said, they think it's a competition. I've seen soooo many times people say such horrible things about both Lauren and JoJo. It's disgusting. There are a few Lauren fans that harass JoJo on IG and there are few JoJo fans that harass Lauren on IG...and it's continuous. People will call them awful names and say such hurtful things. For example, I was once on Lauren's IG about to comment on a pic (it was from 4 weeks ago, I believe) and I saw 3 different people arguing in the comments. Throwing jabs at JoJo saying she looks like an even more busted up Khloe Kardashian and that's saying something because Khloe is really unattractive and throwing jabs at Lauren saying that she looks like a combination of a bird and a Who from Whoville in The Grinch, which is really unattractive on its on, let alone as a mix. And they were just going back and forth with the jabs on both girls looks, personalities, demeanors, etc. And people were trying to tell them they were being disrespectful, but they resorted to cussing and name calling. I just don't understand how people can hate someone they've never even met, it's bizarre. Just looney IMO.

Last edited by Lennoxcolinrolland on Fri May 27, 2016 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by babs Fri May 27, 2016 9:57 am

In my opinion they don't have a large presence on sm.  If they shut down all their sm then people would start saying they have ended and Ben is going to try and get JoJo back.  They give the fans just enough without going overboard.  Actually, fans that get their pictures taken with them are posted more than Ben and Lauren post of themselves.  I really don't think their sm activity has anything to do with the negativity.  I think it's the JoJo fans that are still bitter.  It's strange to me that the fans feel rejected more than JoJo does.  

Lauren conducted herself very well on the show.  She never caused drama or even showed jealousy, (which JoJo did).  When Leah threw her under the bus she kept her thoughts between her and her closest friends in the house and they supported her.  I never understood what JoJo and Ben went through that he said he and Lauren had not.  As I saw it, lauren and Ben worked through the leah drama together and JoJo and he never had that to deal with.

I think Emily needs to take her book and sit this season out.  It's obvious she's the one that needs to stay off sm.
babs
babs

Female Posts : 985

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

+76
hae1001
Anon1234
babs
kayfay
alwaysvictoria