SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Page 79 of 80 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 79 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Post by bleuberry Fri May 27, 2016 10:09 am

I don't think it was a smart move, but I don't think she was trying to be nasty about it. It's just a dumb meme she reposted to garner attention for a friend's blog, and the complete overreaction in the comments section is a bit silly.

The hate may be insane, but IMO the God like fandom is too. JMO.

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 79 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 79 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Post by babs Fri May 27, 2016 10:23 am

I, for one, do not have a God like fandom. I'm sure some fans come off like they do but I also think because Ben and Lauren do not defend themselves against some of these outrageous statements, (and I don't think they need to), some fans feel protective of them. I have never responded to any of the negative posts and wish others wouldn't give any attention to them.

Hopefully, Emily has learned her lesson and will be careful what and how she responds to.
babs
babs

Female Posts : 985

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri May 27, 2016 10:32 am

I didn't say you did @babs. I'm referring to some of the SM comments. Smiley

The hate IMO has been minimal. Especially if the last two final couples are to be considered laugh out loud

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 79 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 27, 2016 10:41 am

soccermom333 wrote:
babs wrote:Emily Maynard posted a picture of JoJo walking on the beach in her bikini with a caption that read........."Eat your heart out Ben"!

I was shocked.  Why would she be so disrespectful to post something like that.  Did Ben piss her off or something?

I didn't take any offense, just a compliment towards Jo.  Jmo but I believe she was just pointing out how great she looks in a bikini.  no idea

She would be a fool not to see Jo and Ben have moved on.  

Emily is not the sharpest tool in the box to begin with. FWIW. She was mocked for not being able to read during her seasons(by production).  I don't think she realized how she posted or gave it much thought. JMO.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Fri May 27, 2016 10:44 am; edited 2 times in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by babs Fri May 27, 2016 10:43 am

bleuberry wrote:I didn't say you did @babs. I'm referring to some of the SM comments. Smiley

The hate IMO has been minimal. Especially if the last two final couples are to be considered laugh out loud

I didn't think you meant me. Sorry if you thought that. I just wanted to get that out there. I really like this couple but I'm not fart sniffer.
babs
babs

Female Posts : 985

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri May 27, 2016 10:48 am

I have zero trouble believing Emily is functionally illiterate. Like zero.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 27, 2016 11:01 am

LOL I don't know. All I know is they often joked about the fifth grader comparison.
Again, point being, I don't think she had a clue what the post was going to be taken for. I tend to believe she was not being mean toward anyone, only flattering to JoJo and didn't think her post would be taken in a different direction.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri May 27, 2016 11:02 am

It's just a tiny bit ironic and haha funny, because Emily is quite literally the most jealous and insecure F1 this franchise has ever produced. In an alternate universe if Chantal had been the next 'ette (like she totally would have been over Ashley if she didn't get the boyfriend in off season and turn the gig down), and a previous high profile lead, let's say Ali, had posted a pic of Chantal and her rockin' bikini bod with the caption "Brad, eat your heart out" or whatever, Emily would have LOST HER $HIT!!! That's why it's funny.  That being said, I don't think Emily thought much of it. Just further proves her emotional immaturity. No big deal. Like do Ben and Lauren even follow her? I doubt they even saw this.

ETA: dang, just glanced through the comments, and Ben and Lauren, especially, were tagged a bunch, so yeah, they saw it. Eh. Doubt they care, they probably would want people to lay off Emily too. Besides Ben and Lauren can take solace in the fact they emerged from this franchise relatively unscathed and presumably, in love. Reputations in tack. They avoided Emily's complete and total collapse and IRL tabloid nightmare with 1F. So there is that. Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 79 3806527698
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri May 27, 2016 12:02 pm

I have said before that Ben and Lauren are handling the SM negativity very well. They do not get upset and I guess I would encourage their fans to follow their lead. From my personal experience of having met someone who trolls SEC football sites, I can say that these negative trollers love when they upset the fans or supporters of whatever it is. It makes their days if they piss people off and upset them. The best thing to do is ignore them. They fail to get the attention and negative energy they feed on. They will actually lose interest and probably quit making comments sooner if they are ignored. Ben and Lauren are doing the exact right thing, they are not feeding the trolls. I hope for their fans that they can stop feeding them as well, Ben and Lauren are adults they are quite capable of defending themselves and thankfully don't feel the need to do that. To me it shows a lot of maturity on their part. 

Emily as we would say is not the sharpest crayon in the box. I am certain she was only trying to support JoJo, but it was the dumbest possible way to do it. And yes if someone had done the same thing to her, she would have been curled up in a ball crying. Kudos to Lauren for being far more mature and emotionally stable than Emily will ever be.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2016 12:09 pm

I feel like the real life Ben and Lauren know better than any of us viewers how much of a produced tv show they were on and that strangers commenting on it still are really just tv fans thinking of them as soap opera characters not actually the real "them". JMO. Once back to real life and the show done airing, I don't think any of those comments would bother them at all and are probably not even noticed or just laughed off. Ben and Lauren are mature, normal, together people IMO and I would highly doubt they are perusing their sm comments to see what people are saying about them, at least I hope they aren't and have better things to be doing. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Fri May 27, 2016 12:48 pm

Yeah when I read the comments on either Ben or Lauren's instagram I shake me head because it reminds me SO much of my group of friends in middle school. I'm actually not kidding here. I remember distinctly a friend liking a guy soooooo much and remember how upset we all were when he picked a different girl for a silly school dance. How, oh HOW could get not see how much better our friend was?! Was he nuts? She's our friend!! She's perfect and that other girl is UGH. Seriously. So if I ever am crazy enough to read the comments I always assume that the individuals involved are in middle school. That, of course, is not saying too much about Emily Maynard but.... oh well!

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekAny Fri May 27, 2016 3:52 pm

I take it all with a grain of salt as I'm sure Ben and Lauren do. Social media can be an ugly beast in general. At the end of the season I think most fan polls had Lauren with the most votes. I would imagine the same thing would be happening in reverse if it wasn't Lauren chosen. And I'm pretty sure she knows that and they both seem far removed from the show now anyways.

Ben and Lauren strike me as people who like to be liked, not by randoms on the internet, but by people they know and meet in person. Those comments are probably the only ones they truly care about. The fans that come up to them in Denver probably have only nice hings to say, so in my opinion out of sight out of mind. They don't strike me as the kind to look for negative comments as some do because they seldom respond or acknowledge. Emily didn't even think twice about her posting because it was innocent and helping out a friend. I'm quite certain Ben and Lauren couldn't care less.

And yea maybe they're a little boring, but as a fan of this couple, that's why I like them, they just seem normal and kind. I like that. I relate to that.  I don't think Lauren seems bored in Denver.  Yes they've travelled but it's been for so many different reasons, friends, family, work, events... And Ben hasn't lived a very settled life the past year either. I think it's a transition for both, I think sometimes baby steps are the best kind of steps and that's what I'm seeing here.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think Lauren would choose Cali over Denver, but at the end of the day, I think she chooses Ben over Cali.
SeekAny
SeekAny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 79 of 80 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

+76
hae1001
Anon1234
babs
kayfay
alwaysvictoria