SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 4 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by nd4reality Mon May 30, 2016 10:09 am

bleuberry wrote:I'm surprised so many of you think it makes sense. I really like Ben, but no laugh out loud. He's young, slightly a pushover, and doesn't have any relevant experience right? He's just all wrong for politics IMO.

Actually a pushover is exactly what the big wigs want. Someone who they will be able to manipulate easily. IMO.

But I agree with you overall, Ben as a nice guy really does not fit politics at all. There is such a thing as being too nice. Politics is a dirty game. Why Ben ?????

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by FMG2015 Mon May 30, 2016 11:05 am

I consider myself someone who does not follow politics, but I am a fan of Ben's so this potential news intrigued me. It stood out to me that the article mentioned that the current candidate (Pinkston) was going to withdraw, and potentially Ben step in when it appears there's a vote next month. The article was quoted stating it was a 'highly democratic seat." So I looked up exactly how the votes happened in the past few years. Pabon (who Ben would be potentially running against) won the votes in 2010, 2012, and 2014 by A LOT. In 2014 & 2012, he won by 78% and 80% respectively. The republican party candidate has only had around 5,000 votes during the last 2 voting years compared to 18,000+ votes. Is Ben being discussed as a candidate due to his popularity and attempt to gain more votes for the republican party? JMO and statistics to ponder.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon May 30, 2016 11:53 am

bleuberry wrote:I'm surprised so many of you think it makes sense. I really like Ben, but no laugh out loud. He's young, slightly a pushover, and doesn't have any relevant experience right? He's just all wrong for politics IMO.

I see it. Juliet Litman (For the Right Reasons Podcast, RIP), used to refer to him as Obama during Kaitlyn's season because of his speaking ability. She kept saying he should run for office - something about his demeanor and how he carries himself. She even told him to his face when he was on her show that he should consider running for public office. I've always kind of agreed. Something about how he speaks and handles himself - I've always kind of seen him in this role. And as far as no experience- well, you have to start somewhere, right?

I have reservations for different reasons, mostly timing. On the one hand, I get that you have to strike while the iron is hot, and sometimes opportunity presents itself and you can't turn it away. But I do think it's a big undertaking for both Ben and specifically Lauren to adjust to right now. I think Lauren could actually thrive in the "First Lady" role, don't get me wrong. She also has that poise and class about her, IMO. But it's a lot to adjust to right now. I feel like they should at the very least get married first (which would help his political chances anyway) and let the dust settle a little more from the show. But... I guess the iron is hot, so I don't know. I guess they have to decide what is best for them.

And like @FMG2015 detailed, it's a heavily democratic seat, so Ben could probably, very likely lose. Although I guess his potential running mate was arrested for drunk driving a few months back, so the GOP sees it as a potential opening for a candidate of their choosing. The article only says Ben is considering. This isn't a done deal. They are spending the weekend with his parents. I hope getting a lot of parental input/advice.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sublime Mon May 30, 2016 12:08 pm

IMO Ben is a good person, and we need more good folks in office - regardless of party affiliation; however, I personally wouldn't switch my party/vote just because the reality "star" was running for office.

I do agree somewhat with the "slightly pushover" label for Ben, and that is what concerns me.  I hope Ben isn't too naive about this process and the "power brokers" involved and what those brokers may expect in return.

I wonder if this leak was intentional to gauge reaction, and I'll be interested to see what is decided.

sublime

Back to top Go down

Post by babs Mon May 30, 2016 12:28 pm

I doubt that many people are going to switch their party vote for a former Bachelor contestant but the younger crowd may go out and vote for him.........especially the young ladies.

I thought Ben was an Obama supporter. I thought I saw something on his twitter that gave me that impression.
babs
babs

Female Posts : 985

Back to top Go down

Post by Junequilts Mon May 30, 2016 12:53 pm

There were a lot of people who switched parties to vote for a popular, younger person, in Canada last year. I was one of them. The election turned out a lot different than the polls suggested.
Junequilts
Junequilts

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon May 30, 2016 12:55 pm

Well, here in Canada, the young handsome Liberal candidate defeated the Conservative Prime Minister who served for 15 yrs. Statistics show voter turnout was 68% the highest in many years. This is attributed to demographics of those aged under 30 who rarely voted in the past.

There are probably many reasons for that, especially the fact that he promises to legalize marijuana. cheeky

Looks what's happening with Trump. IMO Ben has proven he is the type of person that wants to help others. If he runs and he looses, it will be an experience.

As far as their relationship, IMO if Lauren had any concerns, I'm sure they would be discussed. He's not the type IMO to do anything without weighing all the pro's and con's. Just the fact that he may be considering, is admirable IMO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon May 30, 2016 1:09 pm

Good post GA.

You know, I look at so many of the Bachelor alumni who seriously stall professionally post The Bachelor. They waffle and struggle to find their career nitch. Many chase after fame, and it rarely, with incredibly few exceptions works out. They become professional Bachelor alums/couples. They end up shilling products and doing pointless Bachelor appearances to make a living. They never return to their careers. It's a sad trap maybe 60-70% of these people fall into.

Win or lose, regardless of party affiliation, at least Ben is taking his platform and trying to do more with his life, to move on personally and professionally from this franchise. He clearly doesn't want to be known just for being The Bachelor, and doesn't consider it the pinnacle of his life/career. I respect that tremendously.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Mon May 30, 2016 1:15 pm

I follow politics and didn't like the way the article was worded; I agree that it made it seem like they liked Ben because he was a pushover. Not because Ben himself had some kind of passion for it. He's also probably doomed in that seat. If he wants to run GOP, he needs to find a more conservative district. Being a "nice Bachelor contestant" isn't going to help him win in an area that has different political values than GOP voters. Especially in a Presidential year when people tend to vote straight ticket more than during midterms.

And Trudeau may be very good looking, but I'm pretty sure he won because of his ideas and not just his looks (I'm not Canadian, but I'd like to think Canadians just made a smart choice idea-wise Smiley).

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon May 30, 2016 1:30 pm

That's the thing sosleepy, I have a hard time believing this is something he even wants. I don't know a lot about Ben pre Bach but this seems to have come out of nowhere. Or am I off base?

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 4 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon May 30, 2016 1:35 pm

bleuberry wrote:That's the thing sosleepy, I have a hard time believing this is something he even wants. I don't know a lot about Ben pre Bach but this seems to have come out of nowhere. Or am I off base?

no idea I guess I have no idea if this is something he wants, or some kind of ambition he has.  I suppose if he decides to run, he wants it, and that answers that question.

I just think he has the speaking ability, the poise, the confidence, the people ability to go for it. So, in that respect I can "see it." That doesn't answer if he has the desire for it though. Ya know? But even just the fact that he is in talks, leads me to believe he is at least entertaining this kind of career and lifestyle.

Last edited by sosleepy on Mon May 30, 2016 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon May 30, 2016 1:39 pm

Ya. Guess we'll see!

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 4 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+72
allykat
Mommyof2
maniluh
casjacknick
sdmom