SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by babs Sun May 29, 2016 6:16 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
babs wrote:I'm sure her"record" will come up.  

I hope he is talking to someone that is wise about what he may be up against if he decides to run.

We live in a country founded on due process of law where innocence is assumed unless guilt is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, and I've never heard any claim that she was actually charged with anything much less convicted of anything. Thus - she has no "record".
JMHO

Isn't there a record of her arrest? I don't know if she was convicted, and I hope not, but just being arrested there would be a record of that.
babs
babs

Female Posts : 985

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by Ash2214 Sun May 29, 2016 6:20 pm

Lucas15 wrote:

I hope he is talking to someone that is wise about what he may be up against if he decides to run.

We live in a country founded on due process of law where innocence is assumed unless guilt is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, and I've never heard any claim that she was actually charged with anything much less convicted of anything. Thus - she has no "record".
JMHO

As someone who handles cori forms and fingerprinting results almost daily for part of my job, whether she was found guilty or not, if she were to complete a cori form or have her fingerprints done, her arrest and why she was arrested would be on her results. It would then list whether or not she was convicted. It's public knowledge she was arrested before. That's not going anywhere. IMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun May 29, 2016 6:22 pm

babs wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:

JMHO

Isn't there a record of her arrest?  I don't know if she was convicted, and I hope not, but just being arrested there would be a record of that.
Her arrest is public record unless she goes to court to have it removed. Is this correct? Regardless it was a stupid youthful transgression. I think most would not care as it did not involve driving or putting others at harm.

My concern is if Lauren is really ready for all that fun to be over. Past transgressions are forgiven but behavior once you enter the game can be different. Denver has already been a big change for Lauren. I honestly think asking her to give up more of her young and fun is a little unfair.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sun May 29, 2016 6:28 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
Linds911 wrote:I think maybe he and Lauren should get married and settle down before he goes ahead with this. Has he even talked to her about this? Just odd to me.

The timing of opportunities like this is not something anyone can control. I don't really get the impression from that article that this is an opportunity Ben started out seeking - more like one that found him because some people thought he might make a good candidate.

I sort of wonder if there may be some connection between this and the rumor in US Weekly of a wedding sometime in the next several months - before elections.

JMHO

Sounded to me like he wanted to go ahead with it. scratch Also don't see how a wedding can be this summer with all the reality shows airing on ABC and TPTB will busy filming BIP. Would have been announced already like the other Bach tv weddings 3/4 months in advance.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 8367-910 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 I_got_13 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 E5kqdm15 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sun May 29, 2016 6:34 pm

Wtf was she arrested for?! I never knew that.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun May 29, 2016 6:36 pm

Alanna wrote:Wtf was she arrested for?! I never knew that.

Public intoxication at Coachella.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sun May 29, 2016 6:38 pm

laugh out loud I just burst out laughing. Okay. This sounds like how kids at my school would get fined more for jaywalking than underage drinking (Big 10). That's hilarious and ridiculous. Thanks Ash!!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun May 29, 2016 6:41 pm

Alanna wrote:laugh out loud I just burst out laughing. Okay. This sounds like how kids at my school would get fined more for jaywalking than underage drinking (Big 10). That's hilarious and ridiculous. Thanks Ash!!

It made me laugh too. I find it funny because she had to be making a pretty big spectacle out of herself to get arrested at an event with thousands and thousands of people in attendance laugh out loud IMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Sun May 29, 2016 8:25 pm

Ben may have been born for this path. He seems interested in creating change, and being in elected office would give him some sway. If he doesn't go this route, counseling or pastoral work is calling you, Ben!

As for his realityTV edit, I agree with other posters who mention his pristine edit in both seasons. Also, if he has a decent campaign manager and PR person, any questionable behaviors or details can be "erased" or spun in an advantageous way. In hindsight, it now benefits Ben that he never reneged on his feelings for JoJo, too, by season's end.

Very interesting development indeed. Not entirely unfitting or surprising, though, IMO.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Mon May 30, 2016 7:26 am

veg_out wrote:As for his realityTV edit, I agree with other posters who mention his pristine edit in both seasons. Also, if he has a decent campaign manager and PR person, any questionable behaviors or details can be "erased" or spun in an advantageous way. In hindsight, it now benefits Ben that he never reneged on his feelings for JoJo, too, by season's end.

Very interesting development indeed. Not entirely unfitting or surprising, though, IMO.

In addition, being on The Bachelor as lead means any skeletons in in someone's past are going to come out, and there's really nothing in Ben's past that's particularly negative has come out, so a campaign for elected office is not likely to bring out anything that isn't already out. Though controversial at the time Ben stayed true to script with regard to JoJo and I agree that now that could stand him in good stead. I think if he wants this his desires to give back to society (eg MudLove and his mission to Uruguay) could make him a strong candidate and he certainly has name recognition.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon May 30, 2016 9:47 am

I'm surprised so many of you think it makes sense. I really like Ben, but no laugh out loud. He's young, slightly a pushover, and doesn't have any relevant experience right? He's just all wrong for politics IMO.

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Mon May 30, 2016 10:04 am

I don't really think he's a pushover tbh. I think he has big interest to make a difference, and might see politics as an opportunity to do so. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+72
allykat
Mommyof2
maniluh
casjacknick
sdmom