SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Page 31 of 80 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 31 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by FMG2015 Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:56 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:The alums WILL bring some sort of drama though. Why on earth would they have Chad on this show? Let alone on a camping trip in the middle of nowhere, where Ben and Lauren "can't escape from the Chad Bear"? IMO.
IMO it's mainly for the hype. It's the same reason they are trying to make it seem like Lauren is upset to see JoJo yet they tweeted to each other right around JoJo's Atfr and articles reported Lauren and JoJo were friendly at the lunch and discussing their rings.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 31 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:01 pm

I think the twins were there together with Chad. I think whenever there are bach alums that are not close to Ben/Lauren they bring in the twins who met them in BIP eg. Chad, Grant w/ Lace. IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:17 pm

The question is why they are bringing a lot of these BIP alumni. What exactly they need to do with their show ? As if they are there to give some advise . I mean for sure they can count other people to do that with them to add with the story . I understand what the producers doing with these people . To pay them to appear and act laugh out loud . I do think that the only reason these BIP people are going to appear on their show to add their ratings . I mean the focus of the show it should be their post life. What they are doing now etc etc . Which for sure we will see that . But It just funny how the producers bringing more of these people to appear . It just doesn't make sense aside from adding to the ratings. I am sure the producers will definitely add some stage acts on their show . At the end of the day it is a reality show and editing and selling the show is more important to them. I am not saying their show will be tacky . Who are we to judge . Jmo.

Last edited by lovebites8727 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 31 Eb97c9
Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 31 9zt107Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 31 XgicucBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 31 Oaw2uvBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 31 2pqw5k8Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 31 30szzauBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 31 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:43 pm

I missed the news that BenLo went camping with Chad bear. affraid speechless

Glad they've been on sm enough that we know they survived.

At this rate, it's starting to sound like this is some weird Bach alum reunion show and Ben and Lauren will be doing "cameo" appearances on their own show.

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:52 pm

Ash2214 wrote:
sosleepy wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:From what I've gathered, they've been filming this show since some point in June. They were able to be public in mid March.

I get that it's a television show and I get that so much of it has to be staged, but they got two and a half months of "normalcy" before this circus began. As mentioned by someone else above, Lauren herself said they're constantly filming. That's not a normal life. Putting on a show and staging so much of your life isn't normal. I would find it very difficult to focus on things and feelings that are real, when I'm constantly surrounded by cameras. IMO

They filmed promotional stuff on the 4th of July in Indiana, then nothing for the rest of July. They started actual filming at the beginning of August. They will likely wrap soon, assuming this is an 8-10ish episode arch.

ETA: they've been radio silent on social media for long stretches, except for little snippets like "date night" "their time." They are making good money, I'm sure. It will be over soon. And from my stalking fan ways, it seems they are still setting aside QT just for them. laugh out loud I'm so not worried about them.

They at least filmed that parade thing they did on the 4th of July along with their family party that they had on the 4th that I saw pictures of. I think the first time they filmed with the twins was also in July. They announced the show in June and from pictures that I saw, they started doing promotional stuff in late June.

I get why they agreed to do it, but that doesn't change my thought process of thinking this isn't real life, but we all have different opinions.

Yeah. They are currently filming a reality show. Of course that's not "real life," in so much as they are put in situations with cameras that they wouldn't be in without filming for the show.. That's a given to me. I guess this limited time that they spend filming a reality show doesn't negate my opinion that they are real, and genuine and, authentic with their intentions as a couple moving forward.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:09 pm

I don't think anyone is questioning Ben and Lauren's legitimacy as a couple. It's the stupidity of their show. It's gonna be sooo manufactured. And things they actually DONT do/WOULDNT do in everyday life. And certainly not before they filmed the show nor after they film the show. This is all just Fleiss' circus, and Lauren and Ben are the main monkeys IMO.

And yes, I know this is Fleiss' doing and not Benlo's, BUT they agreed to this at the end of the day.

Last edited by Lennoxcolinrolland on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:11 pm

^ Well, yeah of course. It's a given. I wasn't trying to make it seem like it wasn't. They've spent more time as a couple filming reality television then they have living as a normal couple.

I wouldn't say their filming is limited when Lauren herself in comments on her social media said when they're filming, it's all day long. They've filmed a parade, a family party on the 4th, more than once with the twins, with JoJo and Jordan, with Chris Soules/Chad, the fair, Lauren's blog launch with Becca and Ashley I, their engagement photoshoot, with Grant and Lace, the Rockies baseball game, and that's all from just the top of my head from what I've gathered here and if it makes it to US Weekly. That's a whole lot of filming in just two months and I'm sure there have been stuff that has flown under the radar including the stuff they shoot at home and quietly around Denver.

Again, I get why they agreed to it, but I always find it best that these couples try to gain back their normal lives, not hop right into another life that's not reality. Also, I want to note that I actually really like Ben. Lauren is sweet. It's just the silliness of this whole thing, but it's their choice to make. IMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:14 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:I don't think anyone is questioning Ben and Lauren's legitimacy as a couple. It's the stupidity of their show. It's gonna be sooo manufactured. And things they actually DONT do/WOULDNT do in everyday life. And certainly not before they filmed the show nor after they film the show. This is all just Fleiss' circus, and Lauren and Ben are the main monkeys IMO.

I was responding to the notion that they were only taking engagment photos because the show dictated.

I'm personally going to wait for the show to actually air before I make strong opinions about Ben and Lauren's show specifically. However, it's reality TV. Reality TV has been around in the mainstream for like 16, going on 17 years at this point. Of course it's manufactured. No shocker there. I knew this show would be manufactured the second they announced they were doing it. I'm unsure why this is being brought up as some huge discussion topic or revelation?
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:27 pm

Ash2214 wrote:^ Well, yeah of course. It's a given. I wasn't trying to make it seem like it wasn't. They've spent more time as a couple filming reality television then they have living as a normal couple.

I wouldn't say their filming is limited when Lauren herself in comments on her social media said when they're filming, it's all day long. They've filmed a parade, a family party on the 4th, more than once with the twins, with JoJo and Jordan, with Chris Soules/Chad, the fair, Lauren's blog launch with Becca and Ashley I, their engagement photoshoot, with Grant and Lace, the Rockies baseball game, and that's all from just the top of my head from what I've gathered here and if it makes it to US Weekly. That's a whole lot of filming in just two months and I'm sure there have been stuff that has flown under the radar including the stuff they shoot at home and quietly around Denver.

Again, I get why they agreed to it, but I always find it best that these couples try to gain back their normal lives, not hop right into another life that's not reality. Also, I want to note that I actually really like Ben. Lauren is sweet. It's just the silliness of this whole thing, but it's their choice to make. IMO

1. What I meant by limited, was simply that this is a 1-2 month commitment to filming. Not that their days aren't long, etc.

2. I'll be liberal and say they started filming for real mid July. That means they've spend 3.5 months filming (2 of those months on The Bachelor) and have had 7.5 months together not filming anything. So no, they have not spent more time together filming tv than not.

3. I don't actually disagree with you. Chris and Des are my other faves. I prefer when these people kinda go back to real life and fade away. But overall, I think Ben and Lauren have. Up until filming, they were doing incredibly normal, every day things. Extreme family involvement. Making great choices. They still are. While I may not totally agree that this is the perfect decision for them, this way with the show I get to see more cute moments with them, moments as an actual couple and not just in Bachelor world with other women and blah.. That's a win for me as a fan! I'm excited to watch.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:46 pm

^ They only had mid March (although this includes the press tour and being all over the place) through June, so about 3 months to live normally. The other months they were either in hiding and not seeing each other frequently or filming a television show. It's their prerogative and if it works for them, then that's all that matters.

I'm glad the fans are excited to watch! I hope they all enjoy it.

Last edited by Ash2214 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekAny Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:47 pm

I actually think we're going to get a lot of cute, candid, real moments with these two during this show. Sure the settings and activities may be contrived, with bachelor alum thrown in, but I fully believe the genuine Ben and Lauren will shine through. Ben will look at Lauren the way every girl dreams. They'll have real relationship conversations. Just because it's being filmed doesn't detract away from the interaction and it's potential. For me it's refreshing to know a very positive loving relationship will be the focus of a reality show. This isn't going to draw in the viewer who strictly watches for the drama, and if they tune in I'm sure they will quickly tune out. It's going to draw in the ones who like it for the love story and light hearted fun.

Everything I've seen post filming shows these two are grounded and have built a very strong foundation. They've started a modest home together, traveled the country, intertwined families, had an engagement party with no cameras, started separate and combined projects and interests, most of which was all done prior to the show starting.

I continue to be of the mindset these two are doing it right and have been from the very beginning. Other couples have chosen different paths, I say chose what works for you and this is what clearly works for them. Neither is right or wrong. Even Ben tweeted recently to a fan who accused them of selling out, if we make you smile or laugh is that selling out. It's a show for entertainment purposes, I think they realized that from the very beginning and I expect from them a very positive message, whatever part of that message is in their control. And they sure seem to be having one heck of a time in the process!
SeekAny
SeekAny

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:48 pm

sosleepy wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:I don't think anyone is questioning Ben and Lauren's legitimacy as a couple. It's the stupidity of their show. It's gonna be sooo manufactured. And things they actually DONT do/WOULDNT do in everyday life. And certainly not before they filmed the show nor after they film the show. This is all just Fleiss' circus, and Lauren and Ben are the main monkeys IMO.

I was responding to the notion that they were only taking engagment photos because the show dictated.

I'm personally going to wait for the show to actually air before I make strong opinions about Ben and Lauren's show specifically. However, it's reality TV. Reality TV has been around in the mainstream for like 16, going on 17 years at this point. Of course it's manufactured. No shocker there.  I knew this show would be manufactured the second they announced they were doing it. I'm unsure why this is being brought up as some huge discussion topic or revelation?
Yes, I realize that. I was speaking in a general term though.

It's being brought up, because TPTB and Ben/Lauren are promoting this as a show that follows their everyday normal life, when it's technically not. And yeah, it's all a script, but they're still the dancing monkeys of the script. I don't care though, because I'm excited to watch, but I can already tell the cameos are gonna be pathetic, along with some other stuff. IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 80 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

+66
richmondrose
limoncello
blueblues
gurlbrit
suzq