SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Page 35 of 80 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 57 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:57 pm

Imo they don't have boring personalities either. I like their interviews, I think they're a very easygoing people, both individually and as a couple. And imo their life style isn't boring either. I don't really know what people would expect from a couple emerging from the show. I bet all of them lead similar lives. All they redecorate their new home, meet up with friends and family, do fun stuff.

Imo they're bringing additional cast because they want to bring familiar faces to the show.

I had to laugh at someone on twitter calling BenLo sellouts for doing their own show. They met in a reality dating show, it was Ben's second run. How is it selling out if they do another reality show?

I'd love to know how much they're getting paid for the show, aside the wedding.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by ReneeM Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:31 pm

Ben and Lauren are vanilla ice cream in people form IMO. Vanilla's not my favourite flavour but it's reliable. I've been to a gajillion ice cream places and the one flavour that's ALWAYS there is vanilla. It's a necessity for ice cream places. Like BenLo are a couple that's necessary for this franchise. They're both traditionally good looking, they're drama free, Ben's really religious, and it's pretty much inevitable IMO that they'll make it down the isle, so they're gonna be around. They might not be everyone's ~favorite~ but generally speaking no one really dislikes them. They're safe. All JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:40 pm

Boring, vanilla, safe. It's all subjective.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:43 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:Ben and Lauren are a sweet couple. They're normal, nice, inoffensive, regular people. Those are very good qualities to have in the real world, but it doesn't make intriguing Tv. They're not charismatic people, so it's kind of hard to make them seem so, which is one of the reasons why tptb are bringing in extra cast members. If there were any couple that were to get a show to represent this franchise, they make the most sense, because they're the most "family friendly" (which is what Freeforum is and all it's basicness it's turned into, sadly..), so they're gonna do a good job of being that logo couple. I like Ben and Lauren a lot, so I'm excited to watch, just for that reason, but I already know it's not going to be riveting tv, because they're just not the type of people that stand out in a crowd.

IMO.

I disagree. I thought Ben was an EXTREMELY charasmatic Bachelor. Genuine, kind, sincere, intriguing to watch date. Both Ben and Lauren are also extremely charasmatic in interviews as well. Lauren is incredibly well spoken. 

Different strokes.

I agree they are non-offensive though. I guess if vanilla means kind, mature, genuine, normal people, that's a flavor I'm ok with. They have their heads screwed on straight. 

I also think it works out in their favor that this show appears to be so scripted with lots of Bachelor visitors. That way Ben and Lauren get the paycheck, the experience, the wedding of their dreams, but also get to maintain some privacy about their "real" life. Win, win, win for them.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:51 pm

They don't have over the top loud personalities that most people expect with reality contestants which is why other controversial alum have been brought in for the show IMO. Ben was unbelievably serious about finding a wife with his stint as the bachelor. I think over the past few months Ben and Lauren have proven that they've used the show to enhance the lives they already had, not change their lives. Awhile back, Ben said one reason he wanted to do the show was for people to see o a positive stable example of a relationship that is trusting and communicates well with each other. Love me some drama but I agree with Ben... Appreciate seeing a respectful growing love between a couple.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:02 pm

It will be interesting to see the response from the audience when they see that most of the show will revolve around people like the ditzy twins, drunk Lace, Psycho/unstable Chad, Chris-no-lips-Soules, etc.

I don't think ABC is thinking this is going to be some big ratings grab though, so I don't think they care all that much, which is why they're loading it up with some ridiculousness. JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:15 pm

Ash2214 wrote:It will be interesting to see the response from the audience when they see that most of the show will revolve around people like the ditzy twins, drunk Lace, Psycho/unstable Chad, Chris-no-lips-Soules, etc.

I don't think ABC is thinking this is going to be some big ratings grab though, so I don't think they care all that much, which is why they're loading it up with some ridiculousness. JMO

Yeah, I agree. It's on Freeform. I don't think they are expecting (or should be expecting) huge numbers. It's an experiment - a way to add a little Bachelor filler and fluff in the off season and add to the brand. Maybe if ratings are decent (again, for a cable network), we'll see other couples highlited in subsequent seasons.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:27 pm

Just because one is domestic, involved with charity, is well-spoken, and so on and so forth, doesn't make them charismatic. That just makes them a "good" person IMO.

I look at it this way: Nobody in the world is special...because everybody is special IMO.

^That statement can be taken many different ways IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:34 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:Just because one is domestic, involved with charity, is well-spoken, and so on and so forth, doesn't make them charismatic. That just makes them a "good" person IMO.

I look at it this way: Nobody in the world is special...because everybody is special IMO.

^That statement can be taken many different ways IMO.

Right. I understand the difference between being charasmatic and "being a good person." For me, watching Ben as the Bachelor was intriguing, far more so than any other Bachelor to date (though I personally have high hopes for Nick.) For me, that makes Ben, by definition, charasmatic. I equally enjoy watching and listening to him in interviews. I think he is articulate, charming, and sincere on camera = charasmatic. All my opinion of course.

Last edited by sosleepy on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:35 pm

https://www.google.ca/amp/zap2it.com/2016/09/bachelor-stars-visit-ben-and-lauren-happily-ever-after/amp/

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 Eb97c9
Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 9zt107Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 XgicucBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 Oaw2uvBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 2pqw5k8Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 30szzauBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:55 pm

https://twitter.com/benandlaurentv/status/776195671225278465

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 Eb97c9
Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 9zt107Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 XgicucBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 Oaw2uvBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 2pqw5k8Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 30szzauBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by sublime Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:56 pm

To the extent the word "charismatic" has a negative connotation (i.e., many cult leaders could be described as "charismatic"), I agree that neither Ben nor Lauren is very charismatic. I enjoy their authenticity - a trait that is somewhat rare for the cast of characters on this franchise.

sublime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 80 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 57 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

+66
richmondrose
limoncello
blueblues
gurlbrit
suzq