SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Page 77 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 77 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by california90 Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:09 am

umngirl wrote:I must follow the wrong people from the franchise because most of them don't post like Lauren does. But I follow mainly people from seasons 3+ years ago and I only follow about 10 of them so that's probably why. Lol

I just find her to be very vain, b!tchy, etc. As my friend described, ice princess. I know plenty of people like that. It it does make sense why some can't seem to like her or gravitate towards her.

The contestants 3+ years ago are SO different than the ones now.. (both bach and 'ette). I still think some of my favorite overall contestants as a whole were from Sean and Des's season.

I can't comment on Lauren much. I think someone said about her sounds about right.. vapid, but probably harmless and misunderstood. Major RBF though, which doesn't help. I can see where people think she's fake and try hard though laugh out loud.

california90

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 77 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:01 am

FMG2015 wrote:To me, I just don't get the argument that she has a holier than thou attitude. Yes she rolls her eyes at Ben and doesn't always play along with his nerdy ideas, but she's also talked about how the things she picks on him for, she secretly loves. It's no different than other couples who participate in flirty bickering and competitive games. That is normal for a couple.

On their show, while they were fixing that house, Ben freekin' pulled a rug from under Lauren and made her fall. He laughed his azz off too. No one commented on that. But when Lauren rolls her eyes at Ben, that's just horrible. They prank each other, roll eyes at each others silly ideas, Ben has done it too, it's what couples do.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:29 am

I can see why people might perceive Lauren as cold, since she's pretty reserved and has a RBF, but aren't we always told not to judge a book by its cover? I've yet to see actual proof of her perceived b*tchiness, as in actual mean or holier than thou actions (unless you count rolling her eyes at dorky Ben, which I don't). I'd rather judge a person by their actions than by their outward appearance or mannerisms. I know people see me as an ice princess as well, since I'm also reserved and not outwardly emotional, so I can sympathise with Lauren. People are always more drawn to the warm and outgoing personalities, hell even Ben's mom was when she met the F2, and it's unfortunate for us "cold" ones. Doesn't make us bad people. Lauren seems to have a plenty of good friends and a close-knit family, so she's doing something right. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:55 am

For every little clip taken out of context for Lauren up thread, there is also a kind, genuine loving clip of her as well. Yeah, she rolled her eyes a bit at Ben (who hasn't done that with their partner), but there are also clips showing her genuine joy and love of the man. The ITM where she talks about how she literally can't think about Ben and not smile, she loves him so much. She was beaming there. That kind of stuff never gets discussed.

Lauren actually reminds me a lot of Molly Mesnick. Molly was not loved in her time either. Both ladies have that kind of reserved, standoffish personality, and both got characterized as "ice queens" especially when compared to the overly outgoing and warm counterparts of their seasons - the Melissa/JoJo type. Molly also likes the "finer" things in life - but like Lauren, to me this doesn't make her shallow. Molly, like Lauren IMO, was wise beyond her years, mature, grounded through a chit storm, and LOYAL as all get out towards Jason, just as Lauren has been with Ben. Molly, IMO, was also misunderstood. Nowadays Molly is largely pretty well liked. She's a total Pinterest mom, devoted to her little family. I can see life and bachelor history treating Lauren the same with a similar future trajectory.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:04 pm

@sosleepy Great post, well said. I totally agree.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71504

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:22 pm

Lauren doesn't remind me of Molly AT ALL, in terms of personality. I think Molly is a total badazz, Lauren not so much... (Though I do like her.) Molly is by farrrrr my fav final 1. She's the really cool wife and mom. I can see how their "storylines" are similar though.

Yeah, I don't think Lauren is a biotch either. I think she's a genuinely nice person, who's just introverted (which I can relate to.) But I also think she likes looking at herself in the mirror/on her camera..(there's nothing necessarily wrong with that, I just don't think it's a positive to show the whole world.)

IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:39 pm

I didn't even think of that but I can kinda see it now. So much has changed with Molly over the years. I think Lauren will come into her own and find her groove like Molly did. It's been what almost 8-9 years since Jason?

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 77 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:46 pm

I see nothing related with Molly and Lauren personally. Molly is cool as he!!, has her own career and doesn't carry her banner of kindness and spreading joy to womenkind around showing us other ladies what's what and how to be gracious and sweet IMO.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:37 pm

laugh out loud Alanna!  I loooove Molly. I don't think they're that similar but Molly has way more experience in life and obvi went through much more scrutiny post show. It's hard to compare the choices people were making back then to the newer contestants. Different animal. I just think Lauren is still fresh and would be in a totally different place in 8-9 years with some kids under her belt.

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 77 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:01 pm

Alanna wrote:I see nothing related with Molly and Lauren personally. Molly is cool as he!!, has her own career and doesn't carry her banner of kindness and spreading joy to womenkind around showing us other ladies what's what and how to be gracious and sweet IMO.

When has Lauren done this? I've been following her sm activity etc closely, and I haven't seen her do this at all.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:21 pm

Cocoasneeze wrote:
Alanna wrote:I see nothing related with Molly and Lauren personally. Molly is cool as he!!, has her own career and doesn't carry her banner of kindness and spreading joy to womenkind around showing us other ladies what's what and how to be gracious and sweet IMO.

When has Lauren done this? I've been following her sm activity etc closely, and I haven't seen her do this at all.
Honestly I've already posted over and over examples (her blog launch nonsense comes to mind), so I don't want to rehash as some folks see her as gracious and mature and awesome and some, like me, see her as annoying, try hard, Ice Queen and neither side will change its mind, which is okay/normal/expected. IMO.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:25 pm

TBH and I say this as a fan but Ben has made more comments than Lauren has that can be perceived as being better than others. Mainly because Lauren hasn't made any IMO. Ben has talked about how he wanted to do the show in order to show the audience how to do a relationship the right way. Then he's pimped out the fact they they've done relationship counseling and how maybe some others would try it after seeing Them do it. Those two comments could certainly be taken as Ben thinking he's the cat's meow

It's evident to me that Lauren is a reserved person who despite this has made quite a few connections with woman that has led to small opportunities she didn't have before. Social media is just a small percentage of people who frankly don't really matter. What matters is what her family, friends and Ben think of her and they clearly adore her. She's getting asked to be a part of promotional stuff at boutiques in Denver and in LA. She may be basic, but in a world of over the top reality tv woman, basic is normal and relatable. And in all honesty, there are just as many basic women as there are outgoing in your face personalities. Everyone has their preference and will be biased.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

+66
richmondrose
limoncello
blueblues
gurlbrit
suzq