SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Page 79 of 80 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 79 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:31 pm

Alanna wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:Lauren isn't only getting crapped on because she's not JoJo. She's getting crapped on because ppl think she's an uptight vain bore. IMO.
Yep!! I think most people are capable of separating the two thoughts just fine. Lauren is not relatable or likeable to me all on her own merits. IMO.
I find her relatable, because I'm the same way! BUT, I'm not sure I find her likable, because I don't even find myself all that likeable! laugh out loud I'm shading both of us.... Gawd help us.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 79 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by Alanna Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:34 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
Alanna wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:Lauren isn't only getting crapped on because she's not JoJo. She's getting crapped on because ppl think she's an uptight vain bore. IMO.
Yep!! I think most people are capable of separating the two thoughts just fine. Lauren is not relatable or likeable to me all on her own merits. IMO.
I find her relatable, because I'm the same way! BUT, I'm not sure I find her likable, because I don't even find myself all that likeable! laugh out loud I'm shading both of us.... Gawd help us.
Well you seem pretty likeable to me Smiley I appreciate people, reality and otherwise, who don't take themselves seriously and are just normal laugh out loud

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:40 pm

Alanna wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
Alanna wrote:
Well you seem pretty likeable to me Smiley I appreciate people, reality and otherwise, who don't take themselves seriously and are just normal laugh out loud
Haha thanks! I'd say I'm an introverted boring biotch (mostly cause the RBF and sarcasm.) Lauren, come sit at my table! The only thing I lack is the valley girl voice and love for all things fashion! laugh out loud

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:44 pm

Well I don't care for either girl so my indifference is unrelated to the other girl. Lol

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 79 87b72b10 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 79 86669110 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 79 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:04 pm

Ash2214 wrote:The main issue here IMO is the second show. There was already this perceived notion of her not being the sharpest tool in the shed was already out there from her first stint. On this second show and the way the storylines went, it made Lauren out to be the bad guy and Ben was having second thoughts because of her. All of the obsessive people that take this show way too seriously and want the bachelor to have their happily ever after were probably not the happiest to see that Ben was backing out and the show essentially placed the blame on a Lauren, thus crazy fans attacking her. Plus, you tie in the fact that the runner up was extremely well liked and Ben told her he loved her repeatedly? Yeah, that's why all of that talk is still happening.

The second show was a waste, especially since there was no wedding announcement afterwards. The severe hate on social media isn't justified and it's too bad that people have to deal with it, but hey, that's what happens with going on television shows. All JMO

Did you actually watch the show outside of the first two epis? That's not really how it played at all. Ben's love for Lauren always showed through and was evident even when he was "calling it off." He made clear it was not because he felt doubts about Lauren, just that he had doubts about the timing. I also think most people who saw those particular episodes felt a lot of empathy for Lauren. She handled it very well, considering, and came out looking much better than her better half to boot.

And JoJo being so "well liked" is all just subjective opinion. It's not fact. I've always been meh on Jo, and don't find that much about her so very special. But Lauren I find relatable. JoJo not so much. That's me though. I'm sure I'm not alone, though it might be a minority opinion.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:25 pm

Most of what's being discussed is based on opinion. In my head, my opinion is fact though laugh out loud

But seriously, I can't REALLY find either girl relatable, because I would NEVERRRRR go on reality tv. But if we're talking logistics here, I'm a Lauren who's best friends with JoJo's, so I get overshadowed EVERY SINGLE TIME. So I obvs wish I was a JoJo..so there's that. Sucks for me Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 79 3806527698

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:42 pm

I just don't understand how lauren inspires any emotion from people, negative or positive. I can't seem to muster up anything beyond apathy.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:02 pm

sosleepy wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:The main issue here IMO is the second show. There was already this perceived notion of her not being the sharpest tool in the shed was already out there from her first stint. On this second show and the way the storylines went, it made Lauren out to be the bad guy and Ben was having second thoughts because of her. All of the obsessive people that take this show way too seriously and want the bachelor to have their happily ever after were probably not the happiest to see that Ben was backing out and the show essentially placed the blame on a Lauren, thus crazy fans attacking her. Plus, you tie in the fact that the runner up was extremely well liked and Ben told her he loved her repeatedly? Yeah, that's why all of that talk is still happening.

The second show was a waste, especially since there was no wedding announcement afterwards. The severe hate on social media isn't justified and it's too bad that people have to deal with it, but hey, that's what happens with going on television shows. All JMO

Did you actually watch the show outside of the first two epis? That's not really how it played at all. Ben's love for Lauren always showed through and was evident even when he was "calling it off." He made clear it was not because he felt doubts about Lauren, just that he had doubts about the timing. I also think most people who saw those particular episodes felt a lot of empathy for Lauren. She handled it very well, considering, and came out looking much better than her better half to boot.

And JoJo being so "well liked" is all just subjective opinion. It's not fact. I've always been meh on Jo, and don't find that much about her so very special. But Lauren I find relatable. JoJo not so much. That's me though. I'm sure I'm not alone, though it might be a minority opinion.

Firstly, I didn't watch a full episode after the first two, but that is my opinion, and what I saw on social media. The storylines made her out to be whiny, controlling and jealous in those first two episodes, whether it was warranted or not. It's your opinion, so you view that Ben came out looking worse than Lauren. I disagree with that opinion. I think both came out looking foolish for doing it, but the way the show was edited and with the story lines, I thought they made Lauren out to be the bad guy, but that's just my opinion.

To answer your statement, I do think it's fair to say it's a fact that she's generally well liked. She's the most followed person in the franchise, by a good margin, and not only that, she became the bachelorette because of fan uproar. Everyone has fans that go on this show. Ben made his situation worse and that's why when people see that he's nervous about getting married on a stupid, scripted show, they say he should have picked someone else. There's crazy people on social media unfortunately. It is what it is. All JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:09 pm

^^ My opinion that Lauren came out looking sympathetic and handled a crappy situation maturely and with a level head and that Ben came out looking worse than her is based around the latter episodes of the series and the main story arch where he called off the wedding. Admittedly you did not watch those episodes. My main point was the story arch did not play in the way you initially characterized. From my vantage point. Ben never called off the wedding because he had doubts about Lauren, nor was she characterized as a villain in those epis. On the converse, I think most felt a great amount of sympathy for her.

I'll say nothing further about JoJo because this isn't her thread.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:11 pm

ReneeM wrote: I just don't understand how lauren inspires any emotion from people, negative or positive. I can't seem to muster up anything beyond apathy.

That's why I think the people who keep leaving nasty comments on her SM must be Ben fans who only follow her in hopes of seeing pics of Ben. Instead they get pics of Lauren trying to model, which makes them frustrated, so they use the comment section to vent. I just can't see any other reason why someone who doesn't even like her would keep checking her SM. It's not exactly thrilling or even controversial.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:16 pm

I'm still intrigued by the fact that there's no wedding news. I mean the show was touted as being about that, at least in part, and yet there's nada. Definitely the only interesting thing about them to me is is if/when the wedding is happening. Lol

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 79 87b72b10 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 79 86669110 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 79 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:17 pm

mindless wrote:
ReneeM wrote: I just don't understand how lauren inspires any emotion from people, negative or positive. I can't seem to muster up anything beyond apathy.

That's why I think the people who keep leaving nasty comments on her SM must be Ben fans who only follow her in hopes of seeing pics of Ben. Instead they get pics of Lauren trying to model, which makes them frustrated, so they use the comment section to vent. I just can't see any other reason why someone who doesn't even like her would keep checking her SM. It's not exactly thrilling or even controversial.
I think you're right. I mostly see ppl talking about how perfect Ben is and how blah Lauren is. I think Lauren is just stuck in the middle, by association. IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 79 of 80 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

+66
richmondrose
limoncello
blueblues
gurlbrit
suzq