SELECT CONTENT

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Page 25 of 75 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 50 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:09 pm

Outside of the whole sincere thing, what I do know is that the current lead at least worked his azz off to get to be the lead while Luke seems to just want it handed to him on a silver platter, IMO based on his behavior. Talk about self-absorbed and entitled, IMO.

Honestly, I am at the opinion now that the leads should have to work a bit harder than just getting to F4 or whatever in one season to get the lead gig than they currently do. Like get to be F2 2x, have a ton of backlash and still keep hustling and do so without whining. In any other field that would be seen as a positive for someone to withstand that much hate and still keep on keeping on. 

IMO, Luke needs to get over himself because to me he has shown himself to be far more self-absorbed and entitled and I don't blame TPTB for not wanting him to be lead, and it's not even about being a puppet or anything like that to me, because I definitely wouldn't want to work with someone like Luke has shown himself to be. Heck no!! 

Also, Luke's the guy who had a woman's hand on his crotch in a pic and liked the pic and this wasn't even on the show. So to me he's just a wannabe rockstar/musician who thinks his stuff don't stink and he deserves things on a platter without having to have setbacks because he's so special and why he's whining. Thank goodness he wasn't the lead. 

JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Seabear wrote:IMO Luke just pushed his business demands to far in the Bachelor negotiations and they decided on Nick because he as Bachelor would do what TPTB wanted with ease IMO. CH is full of sh*t on the sincere vs not sincere BS. Luke speaking out about what happened is what angered the Franchise IMO and the fact that on SM many people still post that they don't like Nick and wish it was Luke instead. The reason Luke came into the conversation on Ellen is because Ellen voiced a critical opinion about Nicks attitude this season....and then Ellen asked why they did not have Luke instead....then CH threw Luke under the lack of sincerity bus again. I loved that IMO Ellen was not buying what CH was trying to sell on the entire conversation about the season.
All JMO

This. (IMO).  CH is always just a silly show mouthpiece who makes little sense in his public comments IMO.  no no   IMO Ellen's opinions on Nick, his choice as lead and why couldn't it have been Luke represent how a portion of the fan base feels, me included, so I loved seeing her voice that opinion straight to CH. Personally, I hope the tweets and comments on wondering why they chose who they did continue all season and TPTB take note of them.  JMO. 

albean99 wrote:IMO they picked Nick so they could go with the sex stuff. Luke has a much cleaner image and that's not ultimately what they wanted (also imo). I'm one of those who'd rather have had Luke after what I've been seeing with Nick.

I'm not buying CH at all because Luke said he didn't want his music on Jojo's show and I'm sure they would have said if that wasn't true. JMO

I agree.  I always felt this was their choice of direction for this season. JMO. Luke's story is one I would have been really interested to watch.  Too bad.  JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:41 pm

For the life of me I can not figure out what a story line for Luke would have been.  A Sominex commercial?  Constipation?  Energy drinks? This guy may have a real great side to him, but about the only side most of America got to see was the side that made molasses look like it was faster on the uptake.
I think it would have been better for Chris Manson to have taken the high road and simply said something to the effect:
"Luke was a great choice, but we went with Nick because we felt that was what the viewer wanted to see."  And then just left it. But no.
CM said what he said to dig at Luke. Plain and simple. IMO

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:31 pm

@AllAboutLove I didn't think that Luke felt entitled but that he was misguided enough to believe what they told him. He wasn't the first and won't be the last. I'd much rather they pick someone who hasn't had multiple stints on reality shows but that's just me. I liked Nick after season one but that was it. I maybe could have handled him being TB after that but tired quickly of him after that.

It probably isn't smart for ex-cast to complain but I don't mind it. TPTB get away with so much imo. Sharleen seems to be careful to not put too much out there and mostly manages not to get on their bad side. Olivia is fairly open and doesn't seem to care what they think as long as she doesn't go too far. Luke appeared to be blindsided at the time and was open about his feelings. I'm sure they were stinging from the criticism they got for their choice so weren't appreciating it. JMO

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:45 am

Seabear wrote:IMO Luke just pushed his business demands to far in the Bachelor negotiations and they decided on Nick because he as Bachelor would do what TPTB wanted with ease IMO. CH is full of sh*t on the sincere vs not sincere BS. Luke speaking out about what happened is what angered the Franchise IMO and the fact that on SM many people still post that they don't like Nick and wish it was Luke instead. The reason Luke came into the conversation on Ellen is because Ellen voiced a critical opinion about Nicks attitude this season....and then Ellen asked why they did not have Luke instead....then CH threw Luke under the lack of sincerity bus again. I loved that IMO Ellen was not buying what CH was trying to sell on the entire conversation about the season.
All JMO

When CH goes on these talk shows I would bet anything that the questions asked of him are already planned out purposely so that the Bachelor show can get across to the public their narrative. jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4297

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:20 am

@Jolena That is true. I watched somewhere where they did a sort of day in the life of a tv host...I think it was Carson. The guests have things they want to talk about or promote so the host and the guest discuss what that is and develop some questions to facilitate that or set up some stories that the guest will talk about. So pretty much any guest going on a show knows what they will be asked in advance.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by rightreasons129 Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:37 pm

Luke responds to Chris Harrison's diss on this podcast interview:

http://collegecandy.com/2017/01/16/luke-pell-responds-chris-harrison-diss-ellen-degeneres-the-bachelor-interview-candy-dish-podcast/

Essentially, he says he did take the comments personally and thought it was "unnecessary"

rightreasons129

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:44 pm

And this in a nutshell, imo, is why this continues to go round and round and round.
“I wasn’t happy to hear him bring it up again and try to be a little more passive-aggressive about, you know, why they did or didn’t choose me and give somewhat quantifiable reasons about that. They could have left that as more of a private reason,” Luke says. “To kind of throw me under the bus, and that’s how the public I think saw it and people picked up on that, I felt like that was a little bit disrespectful and unnecessary.”

Whether right or wrong, IMO, once Luke stops the talks it will stop. The more he chooses to address it the longer it will continue. No doubt, IMO CH is a snake, but baiting him will not get anywhere good.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:55 pm

He's just recently released and will be releasing more music... songs he wrote about Jojo and his time on the show. Rolling Eyes So IMO, he keeps bringing it up to try to stay relevant, garner some sympathy, attention and iTunes downloads and come out looking like the better guy.  

But like many others from Bach nation, he doesn't seem to get you can't have it both ways.  You can't use and profit from them while biting the hand that feeds you.  IMO, he doesn't seem to realize that TPTB have a far bigger network and bite than he does.

I appreciate his service and think over all he's a good guy.  But the more he complains, the less I feel for him or like him.  IMO, he's not happy that he didn't get as big a boost to his career as he wanted or hoped going on the 'Ette and is a bit bitter at what opportunities he lost out on not becoming the lead.  But it's time for him to let it go and move on.  JMOAA
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:56 pm

I'm wondering if he is a bit dense. I don't mean that cruelly, but a smart person would realize to STFU about this show and not try to do exactly ^^^^ Now after reading what I posted I guess calling someone dense is not so nice. LOL
I still go with my gut. He is not the sharpest tool in the drawer.
However--let me say--I do appreciate his service and would give him a huge hug for that. Not that he needs a hug from me. giggling

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:46 pm

For someone who has no problem complaining and being vocal about his treatment from the show, he sure doesn't have seem to any problems making appearances that have to do with the show somehow. IMO of course.  Hugesmile

Luke Pell @Luke__Pell
Ready to knock out @WellsAdams and @jamesjfuertes at Wednesday night's "Box with a Bachelor" event at @TITLEGreenHills

Box with a Bachelor
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Pound of flesh. LOL

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 75 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 50 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

+94
notarose
limoncello
Idlemess
KB_Mom
BlackHalo