SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:34 pm

see2love wrote:
sophienette wrote:
joshfan wrote:anyone feeling like richie led nikki on? I have to say I bawled my eyes out and am extremely angry. Not at alex, I'm happy she and nikki have remained friends. Just so so so so mad at richie.

the F2 is always "led on" whatever the season/country.... IMO

This!

And Nikki led Nikki on too tbh. The girls at the mansion didnt help either. Everyone called her the frontrunner and she just believed it which is natural. She will be okay and find her own person.

Also spare a thought for Alex who watched while everyone cheered for Nikki, that couldnt have been easy for her.

Good luck to all of them

I have to agree with you. The unfortunate thing is the F2 is always led on. Look at JoJo during BenH season. You can't get anymore led on than that. I think Richie's approach at letting girls home is scripted as was most of the season and the fact he isn't a wordsmith doesn't help the issue. As for Olena being the real F2, she had enough dignity to dump him before the RC. She says in an interview she told him after the date "I don't love you" which would explain his comment "Letting Olena go wasn't a difficult decision". Rather snarky comment that everyone on SM picked up on. so if he did take her to F2, she would have dumped his arse on screen. Mind you that would have been great IMO.

As for the reality of him being a step father, the reality hasn't hit him yet and won't until he meets her son which IMO why that hasn't happened yet. And to be honest IMO i think Alex led him up the garden path a bit telling him he just needs to be role model. It feels like that has given him a sense of relief from responsibility. Anyone who has kids and knows what the day to day life of raising kids is like, knows that you just don't stand back and become a role model. It means having to look after him if she goes to work, or goes out, getting him ready for school if she can't. Relying on family isn't always an option and shouldn't be if you are a committed relationship with a single parent. You choose the partner you also need to choose the child as the child is always the first priority. I think Osher's last interview for news.com.au explaining what it means to go into a relationship with a single mum, I have posted in SM, is rather telling IMO.

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by solaroo Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:03 pm

Fifty wrote:I have to agree with you.  The unfortunate thing is the F2 is always led on.  Look at JoJo during BenH season.  You can't get anymore led on than that.  I think Richie's approach at letting girls home is scripted as was most of the season and the fact he isn't a wordsmith doesn't help the issue.  As for Olena being the real F2, she had enough dignity to dump him before the RC.  She says in an interview she told him after the date "I don't love you" which would explain his comment "Letting Olena go wasn't a difficult decision".  Rather snarky comment that everyone on SM picked up on.  so if he did take her to F2, she would have dumped his arse on screen. Mind you that would have been great IMO.

As for the reality of him being a step father, the reality hasn't  hit him yet and won't until he meets her son which IMO why that hasn't happened yet. And to be honest IMO i think Alex led him up the garden path a bit telling him he just needs to be  role model. It feels like that has given him a sense of relief from responsibility.  Anyone who has kids and knows what the day to day life of raising kids is like, knows that you just don't stand back and become a role model.  It means having to look after him if she goes to work, or goes out, getting him ready for school if she can't.  Relying on family isn't always an option and shouldn't be if you are a committed relationship with a single parent.  You choose the partner you also need to choose the child as the child is always the first priority.  I think Osher's last interview for news.com.au explaining what it means to go into a relationship with a single mum, I have posted in SM, is rather telling IMO.

Yeah, look the whole "just be a good role model" is ridiculous, it definitely implies he can just stand back and be 'a good guy'.  Someone ask him again after Elijah projectile vomits in the car, is up all night with a temperature, refuses to get dressed when they're in a hurry, is having a massive tantrum in the shopping centre, has to be picked up from school and driven to music lessons, won't eat his dinner etc etc etc   Good luck Richie!
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:12 pm

IA [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and respect your opinion, however at the same time, IMO Richie could very easily come to love that child like his own. He has never had children, children was not in his immediate future (as we've heard so many times) but if he develops a good relationship with the young boy, looking after him, getting him ready for school and so on, won't be an inconvenience but some of the things he will want to do. He just may experience new found joy in having a stepchild.

Not that puppies are the same as children (they are to me) I never owned a dog in my life. 10 yrs ago I got the sweetest little boy and 3 yrs after I got a sweet little girl so he could have a buddy/sister. I love those two more than I can explain.

This will be all new to Richie, it may be difficult when it comes to parenting, but speaking from experience if the relationship is strong, it can work IMHO

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
What have we learned from the edit I ask...if there is no obstacle, there is no F1!

Don't believe when they say what they are looking for, because a lot of the times, they end up choosing someone opposite! laugh out loud Richie even mentioned it in his FRC speech.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikesgirl83 Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:38 pm

I'm very very happy for Alex and Richie, I'd like to say more but this is not a fun place to be so, congrats to them. Thank to everyone who sluethed and provided info, pics and videos for this season peace

Mikesgirl83

Female Posts : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:45 pm

Finally got a chance to watch the end of last nights episode. No wonder you were all blubbering - I was a mess watching and I had time to digest the ending. I wish Richie and Alex all the best and hopefully with the Bachelorette starting next week all the fuss and fury will die down quickly.

As for Nikki - wow that woman is one class act!

I'd love to see her as the next Bachelorette but it's not gonna happen because some lucky man is going to snap her up. Once she mends her broken heart and thinks about dating again there'll be no shortage of suitors.

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:47 pm

Mikesgirl83 wrote:I'm very very happy for Alex and Richie, I'd like to say more but this is not a fun place to be so, congrats to them. Thank to everyone who sluethed and provided info, pics and videos for this season peace

You can post your opinions at any time. It doesn't matter what franchise it is, there are always those who do not agree with the choice, and those who are very happy.

This forum doesn't take sides, everyone is welcome.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:17 pm

It's a bit weird that many times the show becomes more about one of the contestants, and the audience wanting the lead to placate that contestants rather than find his 'person'. This season it became about Nikki. Whereas Richie was and is in his own journey. And his journey didnt go to the path Nikki did.

I've watched and read some interviews, and imo Richie and Alex seem really level headed and sensible about their near future plans. They're taking it slow, Alex's son being her main priority, not wanting him in the public eye and pictured by the paparazzi. No moving in at all, just taking it slowly in.

I wish them a lot of love and luck, they seem like s good match imo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:29 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:IA [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and respect your opinion, however at the same time, IMO Richie could very easily come to love that child like his own. He has never had children, children was not in his immediate future (as we've heard so many times) but if he develops a good relationship with the young boy, looking after him, getting him ready for school and so on, won't be an inconvenience but some of the things he will want to do. He just may experience new found joy in having a stepchild.

Not that puppies are the same as children (they are to me) I never owned a dog in my life. 10 yrs ago I got the sweetest little boy and 3 yrs after I got a sweet little girl so he could have a buddy/sister. I love those two more than I can explain.

This will be all new to Richie, it may be difficult when it comes to parenting, but speaking from experience if the relationship is strong, it can work IMHO

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
What have we learned from the edit I ask...if there is no obstacle, there is no F1!

Don't believe when they say what they are looking for, because a lot of the times, they end up choosing someone opposite! laugh out loud Richie even mentioned it in his FRC speech.

I agree with you completely, my concern was they never spoke about the nitty gritty of parenting until the final date and until his mum brought it up as no one is really prepared to be a a parent until it happens. But some forewarning from Alex about what life would be like for the 3 of them before then would have been a far more honest approach IMO and i probably didn't express myself particularly well above.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:50 pm

The editors are honestly the one to blame, the U.S. version is used to this, but it sounds like this is the first time the AU editors decided to give the F1 a less flattering edit and leave huge parts of the final couple's connection on the editing room floor.

Sad that this couple didn't get as much of their story shone.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:58 pm

Fifty wrote:
I agree with you completely, my concern was they never spoke about the nitty gritty of parenting until the final date and until his mum brought it up as no one is really prepared to be a a parent until it happens.  But some forewarning from Alex about what life would be like for the 3 of them before then would have been a far more honest approach IMO and i probably didn't express myself particularly well above.

Re the bold, That's very true, he really doesn't have any idea not having any children of his own. I hope he connects well with the boy and whatever he does to help out is done with love. It's a challenging position for a bachelor to be in, that's for sure.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:56 am

see2love wrote:What have we learned from the edit I ask...if there is no obstacle, there is no F1!

That may be a pattern but I don't think it is a solid and foolproof rule since with Bach US Lauren and Ben there was no obstacle between them and it was only a question of "is this too easy/perfect" and smooth sailing in their relationship (Nikki's edit was likened to that of Lauren so if she had been F1 it would have been another case of no obstacle for F1).

Good edit, bad edit, obstacle, no obstacle, it seems like anything can happen or not happen and be F1, even getting the White Rose and not being F1 is no longer the case since Richie is the first Bachelor to accomplish this.

That said, I do think edit is part of the puzzle along with s/caps (which seem to be the most reliable regardless of edit), SM activity, etc, but I think when it comes to the F1 there's no one rule for F1.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and fellow fans of Richie and Alex, fan thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for Richie and Alex and to post and enjoy Richie and Alex's love story  hearthumbsup
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

+35
Mikesgirl83
casjacknick
GuardianAngel
Norcalgal
MissB
carraiger
joshfan
iamreal2u
stuckinsc
Carine
LeapofFaith