SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - F1-F2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 28 of 47 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 37 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - F1-F2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - F1-F2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Miyala Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:41 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I'm not sure why he did that but in my cultural if you asked the siblings and friends before the father and/ or the mother, you wouldn't be getting off to a good start.

Maybe it was just the timing and he took the opportunity while they were alone, maybe nerves, but if he wanted to include the sister and friend he should have asked them together with the Mom IMO.  

He could have asked the mother first but it was shown last or do we know the order?

Miyala

Female Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - F1-F2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - F1-F2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by djogbenyuie Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:48 pm

He told the sis and friend that he will ask the mothe next.
I think it's just a timing thing.
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyala Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:50 pm

Ah, ok Smiley I dont think it was strange that he asked the mother seperatly, Probably he wanted all 3s blessing and because of the sister being with the friend thats the way it turned out.

Miyala

Female Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:57 pm

iamreal2u wrote:Also not sure if this was posted before but a weird like from Jasmine's friend:
Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - F1-F2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 28 Screen28
source

I must say that #torontolawyer #dalelegalfirm suddenly made me dislike her. This is about your friend, not gaining clients for your firm.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:22 pm

I found it interesting that Jasmine didn't defend Kevin or even talk him up a little more (from what was shown) to her family. Her mom and sister were firmly in Mikhel's camp IMO and when her mom was comparing Kevin and Mikhel, calling Mik more loving, she had the perfect opportunity (IMO) to defend Kevin a bit but instead she focuses on the support she feels from Mikhel. I know that Jojo and Jasmine are different people and US version is different to this one but all I could think of during that part was the how Jojo pretty much threw a full on temper tantrum defending Jordan (her eventual F1) when her family seemed more team Robby (f2).

ETA: for anyone who might not have watched Jojo is the most recent US 'ette

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:05 pm

Copied from the Mikhel page, some thoughts supporting Mikhel being F1.  This discussion was not so much about KW/Mik as people but more focussed on "clues" from what we have sleuthed. Feel free to add other evidence, or contrast with clues for KW.

Bobette wrote:
see2love wrote:The fact that in all previews Mikhel's moments with Jasmine were hidden( silouettes, back views, side views) is what makes me a bit more convinced he is F1. There has been a progression to their relationship shown..moments with Jasmine have been in every episode! If he is indeed F1 I wouldn't feel cheated out of seeing them build and build on the initial spark. Jmo

Agreed - Mikhel has many of the classic F1 signs.  He's been largely hidden from view in previews as you say, his kisses with Jasmine have the 'magical music', he had an intro video (KW didn't), and she looked back at him after their first meeting when he walked into the mansion.  Plus they got the beach/sea scenes on the final dates (intimate + no microphones!)

There has been a noticeable progression in their relationship (while her relationships with others have stagnated or gone backwards IMO).  He's been shown to be vulnerable but willing to take a risk on love, and he's constantly shown himself to be solid/reliable, and willing to stand by Jasmine's side, which is what she said at the very outset she was hoping to find.  

Last but not least, I think it's relevant that this is the first CA Bachette season.  The way KW has been edited with the arguing, family "issues" and jealousy, I can't see a new audience understanding/accepting an ending where Jasmine chooses him over Mikhel. IMO many people would not come back for a second season if they felt tricked/disappointed/confused by the first one.  

I think for a first season, they are going to keep it simple, with a satisfying end to the story arc - plenty of time to mix it up if they get picked up for a second season. The fact that Mikhel is apparently a lovely guy is a bonus, but it's the evidence outlined above that makes me think he is most likely F1. All JMO.

Fifty wrote:@see2love @Bobette @djogbenyuie  you are all spot on.  There are a couple of other difference between Kevin W and Mikhel that makes Mikhel stand out from KW as F1 IMO and that's a) an Intro video b) Mikhel isn't shown at all in the first promo video c) he has a segment before their final date explaining his behaviour at the RC.  We have yet to see Kevin explain his behaviour or how he and Jasmine make up after these arguments. This doesn't give the audience satisfaction or excusibility for his behaviour and lastly d) Mikhel was shown in Ep2 explaining how he has trouble "opening up".  This is the classic F1 storyline.  Regardless if they are portrayed as the bad guy, douchebag, nice guy etc, they always are shown to have issues expressing themselves. The F2 wil in most cases express their anxiety at not being F1 at. HTD and beyond where they express not wanting to be heartbroken.  It's too little too late.  Lastly e) The chemistry has been shown right from the beginning with typical F2, F3 misdirection mid way though which to the audience makes it seem like the F1 has lost traction. This of course is jJMO on editing and formula tactics used by the whole franchise regardless of country. **IMO**
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:23 pm

I don't think the guys had the choice on who they talked to. It seems more likely that the producers decided to send Mikhel with her sister and friend first and then her mom while Kevin had her friend and then her mom & sister. I have no idea why.

It looked like her mom & sister want to support her no matter who she chooses but seemed more worried by Kevin. It's not unusual for the family to seem to like the f2 more than the f1 but this time it seemed to be based on real worries given Jasmine's past, imo. It does make me wonder if this makes Jasmine question her choices given she said she had the same concerns.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15304

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:32 pm

ReneeM wrote:I found it interesting that Jasmine didn't defend Kevin or even talk him up a little more (from what was shown) to her family. Her mom and sister were firmly in Mikhel's camp IMO and when her mom was comparing Kevin and Mikhel, calling Mik more loving, she had the perfect opportunity (IMO) to defend Kevin a bit but instead she focuses on the support she feels from Mikhel. I know that Jojo and Jasmine are different people and US version is different to this one but all I could think of during that part was the how Jojo pretty much threw a full on temper tantrum defending Jordan (her eventual F1) when her family seemed more team Robby (f2).

ETA: for anyone who might not have watched Jojo is the most recent US 'ette

I like your post, I saw that too and forgot to mention how she did not take up for him. Instead she focus on Mikhel and even use her body to demonstrate how loving her exact word and supportive he is. I found that very enlightening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_is_Eternal Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:32 pm

This is my first time watching a Bachette season outside Australia. Thanks to the Google Drive cache of links, I binged watched over 3 nights! Jasmine is such a lovely ambassador for the Bachette franchise. She's smart, she's funny, she's level-headed, she is so in touch with her own feelings, she's respectful and I could go on and on. In fact, she's the type of girl that I would love my son to bring home to meet the family!

I re-watched the hometown farewells for Mikhel and Kevin W and there is a marked difference in Jasmine's reaction. In Mikhel, IMO she is opening up and initiating the intimate and more lingering body contact with Mikhel. IMO her physical connection with Mikhel caught up with the level of chemistry she has been experiencing with Kevin W. She was saying she now "really knows Mikhel".

I absolutely loved the conversation between Mikhel and his mum. The ease with which Mikhel told his mum that he had said "I love you" to Jasmine speaks volumes about what kind of relationship they have. I couldn't help but feel that Kevin and his mum have a more tempestuous relationship - IMO what we were shown of that conversation (when Kevin asked his mum "so you don't approved?") indicated to me that his mum tends to put forward her opinion first and then Kevin is left to decipher and defend his position. Kevin then takes the same approach when Jasmine says "your mum was hard on me". He doesn't reassure her but only states his mum's position of "what do you expect, I'm her son". JMO from that alone, she would be better off picking Mikhel long term.
Love_is_Eternal
Love_is_Eternal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:37 pm

@Love_is_eternal have you watch the FD and the Guys meeting her family yet?  I would love you hear you take on that also.  Thanks.  

Last edited by reason on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_is_Eternal Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:54 pm

reason wrote:@Love_is_eternal have you watch the FD and the Guys meeting her family yet?  I would love you hear you take on that also.  Thanks.
@reason, I binged through all the episodes to get an overall impression. You read my mind! I will be going back to re-watch the farewells after meeting her family too. Will post my thoughts after doing so!
Love_is_Eternal
Love_is_Eternal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:56 pm

thanks @love_is_eternal. Waiting patiently no rush though laugh out loud

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 47 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 37 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - F1-F2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+46
verbadjectivenoun
misshappy
Kashathediva
ElonM
LoveDovez
Love_is_Eternal
Topazgold
Seabear
lrose
Bobette
Just Looking