SELECT CONTENT

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 61 of 78 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 69 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 61 Empty Re: Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by bluwavz Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:53 am

I love Lauren and I haven't seen that Secret deoderant ad yet but I have to laugh at what you just described too. laugh out loud

Man the commoner life blows. I want to get paid for putting on deodorant. laugh out loud

Last edited by bluwavz on Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled word)
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 61 Empty Re: Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:11 am

Ben really needs to get off his high horse re shilling. Pre workout drinks aren't far off from teeth whitening kits. Get the $$$, but don't act like you're above it. Isn't Lauren's blog built on shilling? Advertsing products, who then pay her? Lauren smartly hasn't said anything about shilling, as far as I know, so get that money for putting on deodorant.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:17 am

Ben keeps looking way off camera like he's reading off cue cards, awkward

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:21 am

What did Ben say??

Sounds cringeworthy and now I have to watch laugh out loud.

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 61 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:11 am

Ben said nothing on the show. This is something he has said in interviews that they would do somethings like helping charities and whatnot but not teeth whitening. I get that they don't do the teeth and hair gummies and teas but is deodorant and fiat that different? I saw his Instagram about a pre workout drink I just never saw what he claimed to drink. Did I miss it? I don't understand tagging, did he tag it? Was he holding something? He claimed to have ran for hours so I thought it must have been an ad but I didn't/couldn't see the product. How much can he be getting paid if we don't know what you're shilling Ben! Just put on the deodorant, your fiance did!

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:24 am

^ He tagged the product and he's wearing their tshirt in the picture, which is MetCon. It's no different than hydroxycut and AdvoCare. I just looked and the company's IG account shared the same picture and offered a promo code, so Ben got paid for it. This ad is comparable to the girls and their tummy tea IMO.

Lauren's blog is one giant advertisement. She gets paid to post the clothing/makeup items to it, which is why she once shared a over $300 tiny kimono because there's no way she thought her readers would ever pay that for that type of item when you can find cuter ones at target. IMO

I don't mind the ads as long as it's not a 24-7 thing because I would be doing the same thing, but Ben and Lauren certainly aren't above it. JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:29 am

He was wearing a metcon (whatever that is) shirt and tagged it in the picture but nothing in the caption. Metcon then went ahead and reposted Ben's picture on their IG as advertisement... It had a code but no "Ben" in it. Idk how shilling works but his payment for advertising could be different than using code BEN20

CMIIW because Ben has given too many interviews to even remember but I feel like I've never heard him come out and say I/we will not participate in shilling. I remember him saying he/they need to make sure it's the right choices for them when opportunities are presented to him. He's got sensitive teeth so he's clearly stated no teeth whitening ads, but Ben enjoys the spotlight so when he says it's got to be the right opportunity, I take that as yes I will be picking and choosing what I advertise for

Last edited by FMG2015 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:34 am

See but that's weird right? Just come out and say it. Reminds me of his first shill that lounger in Vegas, he tries to be subtle. I don't know why. And the blog is different for me. You go to their Instagram to see pictures if you want to buy products Lauren claims to use go to her blog. She at least will tell you why she thinks you should use them and how. Sometimes with video and sometimes with pictures. But yeah that is a website dedicated to shilling. And she gets a lot more comments on it now that she had an episode about it. She shilled her shilling site. I still adore her.

casjacknick
casjacknick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:34 am

Cocoasneeze wrote:Ben really needs to get off his high horse re shilling. Pre workout drinks aren't far off from teeth whitening kits. Get the $$$, but don't act like you're above it. Isn't Lauren's blog built on shilling? Advertsing products, who then pay her?  Lauren smartly hasn't said anything about shilling, as far as I know, so get that money for putting on deodorant.
Exactly. Benlo are on everybody else's level. And like I said last week, this show is just one giant shill. IMO.

Ben needs to pipe down with thinking he's above all of it and a special snowflake, when in reality, he's far from any of that. He went on The Bachelor, and then did this fake show. So he has no room to talk, whine, or shade other ppl IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:29 am

To be fair... where has Ben said he's above it? Right after the Bachelor he said he wasn't above doing adds as long as it was a product he actually used or believed in, so not the tooth whitening was his direct quote. Since then he's said nothing more on the subject, so maybe he's loosened up a bit on his stance (which left room open for adds to begin with.)

Since then he's done this show, and he's clearly not above the shill. It was my impression that Secret paid for the renovation. Not sure what's so wrong with that. Eh. Overall Ben and Lauren's shills are still a lot more subtle to me than most of these people. Minus the show. laugh out loud laugh out loud Lauren's blog does advertise a lot of products, but that's just a duh since she's trying to make an income off of it.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:36 am

Yeah they made it seem as though Secret paid for the reno and donated that year supply to the charity. That was nice and I don't even know that Benlo make money from Secret but maybe MF uses all these sponsors to pay Benlo's paycheck? Who knows. Did they even get to keep the Fiat, do we know? The sponsors have gotten crazy on Bach shows lately Neil Lane sure but now it is McDonalds and Jacuzzi and the Sandals resort MF taught them to shill if you ask me.

casjacknick
casjacknick

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:37 am

I definitely don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's a job I desperately need and want and good for anyone who has the opportunity to do it and take advantage of it. I even practiced this morning putting my deodorant on. Gotta hone my skills.  Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 61 1f601
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 78 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 69 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+56
mamahamme
SarahD
sublime
Seabear
Newt