SELECT CONTENT

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 71 of 78 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 74 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 71 Empty Re: Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Alanna Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:56 pm

Season 2 is probs the marriage boot camp that's next on their campaign to spread love and kindness and humbleness and gentleness to the masses. IMO.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 71 Empty Re: Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by FMG2015 Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:14 pm

Interviews with Ben make it clear why the producers seemingly LOVE him. IMO, he's very good at teasing the audience yet he answers questions without giving anything away. He plays their game very well yet he also falls for their shenanigans. IMO he will get a wedding even if it's not in February as the producers originally wanted.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:30 pm

If there is a season 2 can there be better writers? Asking for a fan.

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:34 pm

Who says Ben shouldn't go into politics? He answers questions like a total politician. As in, he doesn't answer but somehow manages to wrap everything up with a little bow while he's talking in circles! laugh out loud He's made for that.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:09 pm

Alanna wrote:Season 2 is probs the marriage boot camp that's next on their campaign to spread love and kindness and humbleness and gentleness to the masses. IMO.

That sounds great and I can't wait to see Lauren demonstrates all her good qualities with her vocal fry. Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 71 3806527698

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed the quote)

Back to top Go down

Post by BigFanXXX Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:33 pm

peggy0221 wrote:
Alanna wrote:Season 2 is probs the marriage boot camp that's next on their campaign to spread love and kindness and humbleness and gentleness to the masses. IMO.

That sounds great and I can't wait to see Lauren demonstrates all her good qualities with her vocal fry. Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 71 3806527698

Too funny! Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 71 3806527698 Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 71 3806527698

BigFanXXX

Back to top Go down

Post by sublime Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:24 am

Cocoasneeze wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
Cocoasneeze wrote:I like the couple shows. Even scripted, I like seeing what the couples get up to after finishing the show. There was a lot of stuff I loved in this B&L HEA. Some stuff was weirdly produced, some over scripted, but IMO it was a success.

I'm suspecting the media rounds are about some future project, they wouldn't do them after this show ends.
I don't like the shows, because they're pointless. These people are just normal people, they're not celebs, so it's just boring. And since it's boring, they try to compensate by doing stuff they would never do otherwise. And I would'nt say the show was a success... The ratings have not been up to par. IMO.

The media tour is to promote the last epsiode and tease the ultimate "is the wedding off?!!!!!?" storyline.

As a fan, for me, it was a success. I liked it. They didn't do anything horrible, there was a lot of cute stuff. I'd say all of the stuff they filmed, had happened to/between them, so, IMO it was as real as these shows get. It's just my opinion, I might be alone with it, but, I don't really care.

You're not alone. I'm also one of the few on this board that have liked their show. Yeah, it's contrived and overly produced, but that's typical of this franchise/producers. I do find myself wincing at some of the rapping/pranks/ditzy twin schtick, but I like this couple, and there are enough sweet/real moments to make the show enjoyable for me.

Lauren's voice has never bothered me. Maybe it's because I have a daughter of a similar age and am used to being around her and her friends who could very well have similar vocal inflections. I've never really noticed. I think there is an interesting discussion currently among linguists, media producers/hosts, and others re: whether complaints about a female's voice/inflections are sexist.

sublime

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:32 am

Nah, sorry, I personally can't find complaints about how someone speaks and the tone of their voice to be sexist. If a guy talks stupidly I'll say just that. If a girl talks stupidly I'll say just that. Nothing sexist about it IMO.

I'm from Boston and I have a fairly heavy accent when saying certain words. Most people love it, some are annoyed by it. It is what it is.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by sublime Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:38 am

Ash2214 wrote:Nah, sorry, I personally can't find complaints about how someone speaks and the tone of their voice to be sexist. If a guy talks stupidly I'll say just that. If a girl talks stupidly I'll say just that. Nothing sexist about it IMO.

I'm from Boston and I have a fairly heavy accent when saying certain words. Most people love it, some are annoyed by it. It is what it is.  

I just find the discussion among linguists/others interesting for the different point of views re: whether sexism (and even ageism) may factor into the complaints. IMO the worst voice ever on this franchise belonged to a male contestant.

sublime

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:45 am

Ash2214 wrote:Nah, sorry, I personally can't find complaints about how someone speaks and the tone of their voice to be sexist. If a guy talks stupidly I'll say just that. If a girl talks stupidly I'll say just that. Nothing sexist about it IMO.

Ditto. I'm not from Boston and I don't have an accent though laugh out loud

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:46 am

sublime wrote:

I just find the discussion among linguists/others interesting for the different point of views re: whether sexism (and even ageism) may factor into the complaints. IMO the worst voice ever on this franchise belonged to a male contestant.
Kasey Kahl? Cause if so, I agree!

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by BigFanXXX Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:15 am

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
sublime wrote:

Kasey Kahl? Cause if so, I agree!

There's a big difference about someone having an accent or someone putting on a fake voice such as vocal fry **IMO**.  It's been said that we all have accents.  I live on Long Island and I've been told that I have a Long Island accent.  I never knew there was such a thing until it was pointed out to me.  Here is a description of vocal fry:

There’s a speech trend that’s becoming increasingly prevalent among young women today, and it’s called vocal fry.

Best described as a female’s voice descending into a lower register as they complete a sentence, it’s becoming more and more common among young women as vocal fry users like Kim Kardashian and Britney Spears saturate the media. Unfortunately, according to communication expert Diane DiResta, adolescent girls are subconsciously adopting this speech pattern, and it’s limiting their employment opportunities.

“There was a study by Florida Atlantic University and they determined that women who had vocal fry were perceived as less competent, less educated and less trustworthy and less hirable."

BigFanXXX wrote:www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/31/vocal-fry_n_6082220.html

BigFanXXX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 78 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 74 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+56
mamahamme
SarahD
sublime
Seabear
Newt