Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette on Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:42 pm

Something interesting I just noticed:  I clicked the 'you can read full terms here' link https://bachelor5.castasugar.com/terms_conditions and it says this:

"3. Female applications will not be accepted if the female applicant’s age is less than 23 years of age or over 40 years of age by midnight Sunday 22nd of January 2017.

4. Male applications will not be accepted if the Male applicant’s age is less than 27 years of age or over 38 years of age by midnight Sunday 22nd of January 2017."

This contradicts what it says in the short ad that males can be 28 - 40.  Possibly just a typo, but could indicate they've locked in a female Lead and she has younger taste?  
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by LeapofFaith on Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:42 pm

Bobette wrote:Something interesting I just noticed:  I clicked the 'you can read full terms here' link https://bachelor5.castasugar.com/terms_conditions and it says this:

"3. Female applications will not be accepted if the female applicant’s age is less than 23 years of age or over 40 years of age by midnight Sunday 22nd of January 2017.

4. Male applications will not be accepted if the Male applicant’s age is less than 27 years of age or over 38 years of age by midnight Sunday 22nd of January 2017."

This contradicts what it says in the short ad that males can be 28 - 40.  Possibly just a typo, but could indicate they've locked in a female Lead and she has younger taste?  

great pick up! I believe u r onto something there.... and I bet (fingers crossed) it's IMO for Nikki! :yes:
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:46 am

LeapofFaith wrote:
Bobette wrote:Something interesting I just noticed:  I clicked the 'you can read full terms here' link https://bachelor5.castasugar.com/terms_conditions and it says this:

great pick up! I believe u r onto something there.... and I bet (fingers crossed) it's IMO for Nikki! :yes:

Thanks yes

It would be great if Nikki is feeling ready for it, and if they do film the Bach first, that would still give her a few months to decide for sure.  

She has seemed pretty adamant that she wouldn't do it though, as recently as mid-Sept:

“I am nowhere near being ready to date again,” Gogan told The Daily Telegraph

“To go on The Bachelor or The Bachelorette you would have to be happy with where you are at and ready to open your heart again and I am not ready to do that.”

And from her Cousin on Instagram, “She is ok. There are great things waiting in this world for such a wonderful human being (which doesn’t include a Bachelorette gig!).”

Source: http://thenewdaily.com.au/entertainment/tv/2016/09/16/the-bachelor-nikki/

Maybe they just made her an offer too good to refuse?  Having Nikki as Lead would be ratings gold IMO and I expect TPTB would think so too.
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:15 am

It's possible she was feeling that way mid September however with time perhaps she can think clearly and see the benefits of accepting the role.

I hope so, I'd enjoy her season. Plus IMO it's always a better storyline (for them) when the lead had a hard time getting over the breakup and is back to find love!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Have a nice life" . Gord Downie #TheHip

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 43164

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette on Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:05 am

Sportsbet odds for Nikki are now at $1.60 and there are still no other 'serious' contenders on their list IMO (Heather seems busy with other things, Megan is in a relationship etc...)  

Considering Sportsbet have proven themselves to be a very reliable indicator of winners in past seasons, this makes me almost certain we will have Nikki as our next Bachelorette. yes

Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel on Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:59 pm

I think she would be great! yes yes

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Have a nice life" . Gord Downie #TheHip

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 43164

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:22 am

http://www.womansday.com.au/entertainment/tv-soaps-books/why-nikki-gogan-has-to-be-the-next-bachelorette-17460?adbsc=social_20161228_69031186&adbid=814025868481728512&adbpl=tw&adbpr=34785685

Woman's Day published an article hinting that Nikki will be the Bachelorette - there's not really any actual evidence in it, but I think in the new year we'll start to see more and more articles about Nikki to keep her in the public's mind before the announcement. I'd be very surprised if it weren't her, as she's considered to be 'Australia's sweetheart' (similar to Sam before she was announced, but without the Blake scandal) and would get ratings back up to what they were in season 1 IMO. 

Hopefully they have a break in between the Bachelor and the Bachelorette next year - maybe they could swap the Bachelor and Masterchef so that the Bachelor airs from May-July (which could work since Season 5 films from late February-late April/early May), Masterchef from July-September, and then the Bachelorette in September. I think the problem with Georgia's ratings were because people were annoyed by Richie's ending and had 'Bachelor fatigue' after 8 straight weeks of the Bachelor and then it went straight to the Bachelorette without any breaks. And then since Georgia was an unknown, people didn't have any sort of attachment to her prior to the show airing. So hopefully if they do decide to go with somebody brand new (which I think they will if it's not Nikki, as Olena would be a disaster IMO), they fix the Bachelor/Bachelorette airing times.

Back to top Go down

Post by HodanG on Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:58 am

I actually really hope it's Nikki if it's not Olena and Olena if it's not Nikki. IMO both would be great and have different qualities that would be entertaining to watch!

Ps- feels great to be kinda back and looking through you're post. But may I just say I'm more looking forward for the bachelorette than bachelor so I'm really hoping it airs first haha
HodanG

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove on Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:00 am

I think they will stick with their back-to-back Bach AU and then Bette AU shows airing July-Sept and Sept-Oct respectively. Based on the filming schedule (end Feb-mid/end-May for Bach AU) it seems that Bette AU will likely film from June to August again. I don't see how they can change the airdates since the filming of each season is back-to-back and takes around 6+ months total for both shows.

As for ratings... I doubt the ratings will increase or go back to first season levels no matter who they pick for the Bette (Nikki definitely seems to be slated to be it atm). Sam Frost's season had higher ratings than even the Bachelor seasons - it was a rarity and a one-off, IMO and in part due to the scandal of the broken engagement and being a first season and was hyped by the media and the network during Sam Wood's season and even more than Sam Wood so people were more interested in the first Bette season than the BachAU S3 (Sam Wood himself talked about this, including how his budget was even smaller than Sam Frost's).  

Plus, I think it is the norm that the Bette will have lower ratings than the Bach since the Bette US always has lower ratings than the Bach US seasons so it's par for the course IMO especially with the Bette AU airing the week after the Bach AU as it has been and will likely continue to do so. Even the SM audience for the Bette is smaller than the Bach and I think the novelty of it all has worn off a bit regardless of how a lead does on the Bach to stave off fatigue for the Bette.

Add in that Sam Frost is now single again, it could negatively impact audiences if they do go with Nikki as it may be met with more skepticism (I have noticed comments like that on SM lately) but not sure since it's over 6 months till filming so it's a long way away still and media could play a role -- people could get fatigued already by then if Nikki gets over-saturated exposure and compared too much to Sam Frost or it could get audiences more interested.

Either way I hope it's a good season. I have loved watching both seasons of Bette AU and prefer the Bette AU to the Bach AU shows so hope S3 will be just as great to watch.
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:33 am

Just noticed something very interesting - Sportsbet appear to have removed betting for Bachette lead.  

I've been monitoring the odds and last week it had narrowed even further to 1.4 for Nikki with still no other viable alternatives, but they have now removed the link and when I click the cached page I get this:

THOUGHTS?

Sportsbet always seem to have an uncanny sense of what's going on so to me this sudden change from her being a clear favourite makes me think Nikki was probably lined up to do it but may have pulled out or is having second thoughts.  

I wonder what they did with the bets that had already been placed.  Anyone here a gambler?!

Last edited by Bobette on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:36 am

That happened on Sportsbet last year and a day later it was back up again so it could be back up again in a day or two no idea

Based on filming of the Bette, they likely won't begin finalizing the lead until April which is what they did last year. There's a while to go but I still think Nikki is their top choice and is slated for the gig. TWT
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:25 pm

A week on and the Sportsbet page for Bachette lead is still down - I'm now wondering if they stopped taking bets because it's so obvious Nikki has it in the bag.  This article threw me for a loop:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/bachelor-runnerup-nikki-gogan-healed-of-broken-heart-never-settle-for-something-less/news-story/6c53b37ab882f2127b76d42beb9cfa49

From the title I thought she'd found a new relationship and that's why bets were off, but it's more a "I'm healed and ready for love" type thing.  Reads like a piece of marketing for her season, IMO.
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum