SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:08 pm

I've loved this season because of Nick. It's been my favorite since I am invested in the lead and solely pay attention to the real connections which I see and Nick's realness, his honesty and transparency, and most of all his vulnerability which I have never seen in another lead like I have with Nick. Not to mention, his rare and unique ability to empathize and hold conversations that aren't just about mundane things but have depth to me (as much as can be seen and especially with Vanessa, IMO, and Rachel to a lesser degree).

The rest of it? All the drama and shenanigans and scripted stuff I pay no mind to because IMO it would still be there regardless of who the lead is. I just tune it all out and don't care or pay attention to it. Would I prefer if it wasn't so heavy on scripted drama and whatnot? Absolutely! But I know that it is there and will always be there as long as the ratings are there and they are. What I also know, for me personally, is that this season would have been a total waste for me if anyone other than Nick was the Bachelor. Chase or Luke I would have tuned them out along with all the other shenanigans and I have no doubt they'd have those girls grabbing their crotches on the show since they have done so off the show. Plus I found them both boring and the typical stale lead that I think would have been even more scripted and that I would have skimmed through as I did other seasons before this one.

So along with Nick who is different from past bachelors just in who he is (IMO and Rob Mills said so himself on his podcast) I have enjoyed this season primarily because Nick is the lead and because I got to watch a very diverse group of women who IMO I have no doubt would not have been the case if Nick had not been the lead. JMO

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarified that I love this season because of Nick)
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:15 pm

@AllAboutLove I feel the same. IMO he is far from the same scripted lines we have heard so often. Some sure, but for the most part, his conversations IMO are real. Everytime he lets someone go, he has specific reasons that apply to them. Often times I wait for the elimination to be over, because of sleuthing we know it's going to happen, this time, I'm waiting to see how Nick handles it. It's different every time.

I've also enjoy his media rounds, of what I watched, there were too many for me to watch. He handles himself and the questions thrown at him in a confident manner IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by locoforbach Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:55 pm

I have purely enjoyed the season because of Nick.  I would like to say he is the "lead" but I almost feel Corinne filled that role.  I bet if we added up all on screen minutes she would have more than him  giggling

After weeks of frustration and reading all the V vs. R stuff these past few days I came to a realization.  This show has turned into something I am not fond of but can't give up.  Since the franchise started Bach Pad and Paradise this show is first and foremost about who will fill those casts. Contestants who know they won't be F1 start auditioning during filming of the season and then follow it up on SM every chance they can get.  It is publicity play all the way for them.

Secondly who will be the "drama" player and get people talking.  Gotta have one or two every season to make the lead look like they are unable to discern when someone is really into them or not.

Lastly, showing us the love story between the lead and F1.

Whether V and R had a fight or not, like or dislike each other - who cares?  If Nick and Vanessa found love or like that is what I tune in for.  I don't go on SM so not sure if V or R are responding, from this board is sounds more like everyone else BUT them is chiming in on the "so called argument". We all know in many cases those that stay away from SM usually do much better in RL than the fame seekers.

As much as anyone here, I love analyzing and discussing all that happens on the show and what the outcome might be, but it was much more fun when we could talk about the actual progression of relationships on our screen. I don't like that the season isn't even over and they already want me to be wrapped up in who is going on which show next. Congrats to Rachel for getting the next 'ette, but right now it is still Nick's turn.  Can we give him that??  The poor guy has tried this 4 times :crazed  

All of this is of course JMO
locoforbach
locoforbach

Female Posts : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:00 pm

I have enjoyed certain things this season and other things not so much.
It's my opinion, that TPTB did not cast well for Nick.
Yes, I am glad for the F3 and don't have issue with that. My issue is it takes almost an entire season to get to focus much on the last 3 and HTD's.
That ride up to that point has been fairly boring for me, even though I did like several of the dates.
If more "appropriate, quality" cast had been casted for NICK, IMO, we would not have been stuck in the mire of Cheesy Pasta all season.
A lot of these women are turning out to be immature and it did not make the season enjoyable for me. Too often I felt like Nick was the older brother putting up with younger sibling silliness.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:23 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I have enjoyed certain things this season and other things not so much.
It's my opinion, that TPTB did not cast well for Nick.
Yes, I am glad for the F3 and don't have issue with that. My issue is it takes almost an entire season to get to focus much on the last 3 and HTD's.
That ride up to that point has been fairly boring for me, even though I did like several of the dates.
If more "appropriate, quality" cast had been casted for NICK, IMO, we would not have been stuck in the mire of Cheesy Pasta all season.
A lot of these women are turning out to be immature and it did not make the season enjoyable for me. Too often I felt like Nick was the older brother putting up with younger sibling silliness.

I agree Kasha, but it would be the same whether Nick was the lead or not. They cast a few for the lead and the rest for drama, BIP, to fill up the numbers. Just thinking of Luke or Chase or Robby instead of Nick and I would be even more bored. At least I enjoy watching Nick in action and as several have said, he talks....really talks...much more so than any other lead I remember. It is unfortunate that the editing has been so choppy, but that is nothing new and no doubt it will be the same with Rachel's season. I usually find that when there is a real connection between the lead and someone, the editing is way worse than normal.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:30 pm

IDK...if a 28 year old lead was cast vs one more mature in his mind 30's, the chemistry might have been different with all these mid 20 women.
I like Nick and like his as a lead far over the other contested men.
But I do not think the pool of women casted for him was so great. JMOAA

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:26 pm

I think if you liked Nick going into this season, you probably still like him and vice versa. I don't see him being an improvement over the last few Bachelors. He's okay but not my idea of a romantic lead although to be fair, neither are most of the Bachelors. I find it disappointing that they're barely showing him with the ones he is most into and instead giving us the Corinne show. I usually have women that are my favorites but not so much this time. I like Rachel but don't feel I know Vanessa or Raven.

I can't wait for this season to be over. I haven't even gotten around to watching the last episode and not sure when I'll have time. Bring on the Bachelorette. Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 11 4256136633

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15306

Back to top Go down

Post by Mgrissom Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:48 pm

I did not watch Anti or Kaitlyns season and only a little bit of Paradise, but I have gotten into this season solely because of Nick.  Now that Rachel has been named as the Bachelorette, I am convinced tptb were looking for a black lead and thought she was it, so Nick took Luke's spot.

He is intelligent, interviews well, and shows his feelings and emotions **IMO** I don't think his primary reason for being the Bachelor was to find love; he played the lead, became friends with the women, and paved the way for Rachel.

I do think there might be a love story this season because Nick falls in love easily.  But it's not with Corrine or Raven, they are way too young, and it's not Rachel. So the only thing that remains to be seen is if he and Vanessa make it.  **IMO**Both of them like being in the spotlight, so I really hope we get a season of DWTS with Nick.

Mgrissom

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:20 pm

albean99 wrote:I think if you liked Nick going into this season, you probably still like him and vice versa. I don't see him being an improvement over the last few Bachelors. He's okay but not my idea of a romantic lead although to be fair, neither are most of the Bachelors. I find it disappointing that they're barely showing him with the ones he is most into and instead giving us the Corinne show. I usually have women that are my favorites but not so much this time. I like Rachel but don't feel I know Vanessa or Raven.

I can't wait for this season to be over. I haven't even gotten around to watching the last episode and not sure when I'll have time. Bring on the Bachelorette. Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 11 4256136633

I agree Bean. I haven't seen a wide change of like or dislike for Nick as the season's aired.

He does nothing for me and I've always found him to be pretty boring on screen. I think he follows TPTB instructions better than most of the previous Bachelors, but there's nothing he does or says as the lead that I find especially appealing.

The casting and edit haven't helped as it just seems like both now focus 90% on finding future BIP cast. I'm usually excited about HTDs. Because they've shown so little of Vanessa and Raven, I don't really care what happens.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:56 pm

Kashathediva wrote:IDK...if a 28 year old lead was cast vs one more mature in his mind 30's, the chemistry might have been different with all these mid 20 women.
I like Nick and like his as a lead far over the other contested men.
But I do not think the pool of women casted for him was so great. JMOAA
IA. The pool of women were not great, too young, not accomplished (interesting) enough. But it only takes one.... giggling
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:02 pm

albean99 wrote:I think if you liked Nick going into this season, you probably still like him and vice versa. I don't see him being an improvement over the last few Bachelors. He's okay but not my idea of a romantic lead although to be fair, neither are most of the Bachelors. I find it disappointing that they're barely showing him with the ones he is most into and instead giving us the Corinne show. I usually have women that are my favorites but not so much this time. I like Rachel but don't feel I know Vanessa or Raven.

Interesting post, albean. Clearly I was a Nick fan on Andi's season, but to your point he didn't have to carry the show. I've found myself bored this season.

I tried to recall the last time I loved (watched?) a Bach... and that would be Andrew Firestone (OMG, so long ago). He really had so much to offer a woman beyond simply being a tv personality. The slew of good looking television wannabees with 'media' careers lessens the reality of the situation (and lead attractiveness) for me.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:12 pm

Question: Mods, With Andi making a return, does it make sense to give her a slot on the contestant page. (I LOL'd out loud every time I saw the one she had one on the BIP site).
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

+54
mercieme
umngirl
BachelorMermaid
Sundy
Billysmom