SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

Page 9 of 79 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

Post by bleuberry Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:13 am

I know what you meant @emusha. I thought it was strange too.

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 9 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:38 am

emusha wrote:I wasn't referring to the fight - I was referring to the fact that an engaged man unsolicited, told his ex-girlfriend (a woman his current girlfriend had not seen eye to eye with in the past) that they will "do something" i.e. meet up to catch up just the two of them! I don't know about your part of the world but in my world, the person would generally check in with the SO to see if they're ok with it before making these kind of plans IMHO And many people would say these kind of plans with an ex are "strange" esp in the way he phrased it "we'll do something" rather than something more purposeful like burying the hatchet etc.

This was never his ex-gf, imo. So if they only had an amicable relationship why not say that to a friend embarking on the same job you are now finishing up? I don't think there ever was anything close on the "romantic" scale with either of them and from today on she is in an elite club with about 50 people...leads or part of a couple.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:27 am

IMO for those who followed Nick closely, that's his style. He's genuine, he means what he says. He's not going to take away a great friendship because of a g/f fiance or wife IMo. When there is trust in a relationship, it doesn't matter if friends are male or female. That's the way it should be as opposed to K or A who crucified him during and after their respective seasons.

It's unfortunate that SM would rather see a lead trashing others rather than encouraging them and wishing them luck, and perhaps meeting up later for drinks lunch whatever. I'm sure Rachel can learn a few things about Nick as a lead and take that with her. I would think Nick and Vanessa have spoken in detail about his relationships on the show. IMO it doesn't mean that just because he may be engaged he needs to not associate himself with any of them.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71483

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:04 pm

I actually don't think he was being genuine. I think Nick tries to project a certain image and that's exactly what he was doing there IMO.

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - Page 9 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:32 pm

It could be some of both.
Don't we all say things because its right rather than necessarily true at times? I know I am guilty.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:05 pm

And whose to say Nick and Vanessa haven't already discussed how he would deal with Rachel at the WTA? Nothing wrong with him giving her some tips over coffee or a meal.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Nick has platonic friends that are girls. I fail to see what was so scandalous or controversial about that comment, especially since I'm sure Nick is aware that he would have to run into Rachel at future Bach-related events.

I also don't think it would be an issue for Vanessa, as we have a good impression that she's a "bury the hatchet and play nice" kind of person when it comes to conflict.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:49 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:IMO for those who followed Nick closely, that's his style. He's genuine, he means what he says. He's not going to take away a great friendship because of a g/f fiance or wife IMo. When there is trust in a relationship, it doesn't matter if friends are male or female. That's the way it should be as opposed to K or A who crucified him during and after their respective seasons.

It's unfortunate that SM would rather see a lead trashing others rather than encouraging them and wishing them luck, and perhaps meeting up later for drinks lunch whatever. I'm sure Rachel can learn a few things about Nick as a lead and take that with her. I would think Nick and Vanessa have spoken in detail about his relationships on the show. IMO it doesn't mean that just because he may be engaged he needs to not associate himself with any of them.
Good Post I agree Nick is reminding me more and more of Art Green/BachNZS1 who was exactly like this and remained friends with his contestants. Sharleen has also stated how Nick is someone who can separate friendships from romantic interests and Nick has been known to still be friends with his exes. I don't see a problem here at all for Nick (along with Vanessa who has also shown support for Rachel) to catch up at a later date. Rachel is the Bette. Nick was the lead that helped get her there and IMHO she would never have been the Bette without Nick. I wish more leads could take a page from Nick's book on how to be. I think Rachel is lucky she has a lead like Nick to draw from.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:56 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:IMO for those who followed Nick closely, that's his style. He's genuine, he means what he says. He's not going to take away a great friendship because of a g/f fiance or wife IMo. When there is trust in a relationship, it doesn't matter if friends are male or female. That's the way it should be as opposed to K or A who crucified him during and after their respective seasons.

Good Post I agree Nick is reminding me more and more of Art Green/BachNZS1 who was exactly like this and remained friends with his contestants. Sharleen has also stated how Nick is someone who can separate friendships from romantic interests and Nick has been known to still be friends with his exes. I don't see a problem here at all for Nick (along with Vanessa who has also shown support for Rachel) to catch up at a later date. Rachel is the Bette. Nick was the lead that helped get her there and IMHO she would never have been the Bette without Nick. I wish more leads could take a page from Nick's book on how to be. I think Rachel is lucky she has a lead like Nick to draw from.

jmo

Multiple people saying Rachel was their girl from her audition, before Nick, says otherwise IMO. In fact it might be the other way around IMO. I think they selected Nick to be the vehicle to introduce Rachel because it's hard for me to see her connecting with Luke who was the other bachelor possibility. All JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:05 pm

ReneeM wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:

jmo

Multiple people saying Rachel was their girl from her audition, before Nick, says otherwise IMO. In fact it might be the other way around IMO. I think they selected Nick to be the vehicle to introduce Rachel because it's hard for me to see her connecting with Luke who was the other bachelor possibility. All JMO.

That proves to me that she couldn't be the Bette without Nick. Otherwise, if it didn't matter who the lead was, they would have gone with someone else but they didn't. Nick was the only one IMO that would connect with her enough for it to be real and get her to F4. I don't see it happening with Luke as you yourself posted. No way in my mind would anyone other than Nick be convincing enough to be the lead for Rachel to be the Bette. To me that says it all and why the lead especially mattered a LOT this season. It's why for me the historical moment wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for a lead like Nick... not when it comes to this show, IMO.

JMO

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:09 pm

Thats giving Nick too much credit IMO, If they wanted Rachel to be bette they would have made it happen one way or another. There was a time when the Bachelor did not come from a previous season.

On the flip side, with that reasoning you can also say without Rachel, Nick would not have been the bachelor. JMO
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:17 pm

Considering they didn't allow their new lead to sit among the women at WTA (get some screen time!) and gave her less than 10 mins on a 2 hr show, I don't think Nick being the Bachelor had anything to do with Rachel. TPTB have done bare-minimum when it comes to promoting her IMO and didn't even give her decent screen-time during the season or a 'Ette edit. If Nick was chosen to get Rachel to F4 to be the 'Ette, I would have thought they would put more of an effort in ensuring she connects with the audience.

All JMO.
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 79 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion

+51
momoftrips
Beagle
Mia_Leoni
Duke702
Swiss Girl