SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Page 38 of 73 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 55 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

loveyou - Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 38 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:51 am

OT Just to clarify it does not matter on this forum, how many fans there are of Rachel Vanessa or anyone else. Just like it doesn't matter how many fans there are of Jordan and JoJo or Ben and Lauren, or how many non fans there are of any contestant or couple. It makes no difference to the purpose of this forum, which is to discuss opinions of all posters.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Labelling - We will not tolerate the use of labelling users of this board into categories such as "***fans*** "**bash-ers** "some fans around here" "sheep". This is a sneaky indirect way of name calling and will not be tolerated. NO ONE on this forum can post their opinions of other members. Your opinion is your opinion, and is never everyone's opinion as we all have different opinions. Do not use the word, we, all of us, everyone, we all, etc. Refrain from identifying groups of members as fans, as opposed to those who may not be fans.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

loveyou - Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 38 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by umngirl Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:55 am

I appreciate Rachel's honesty about saying she doesn't care for Vanessa. I don't either and I didn't even live with her for several weeks. Lol

I've always found Vanessa following her weird. I think it's clear they don't like each other and I never understand following someone on social media that I don't like. But that's just me.

On another note she looked great at the event she attended last. Ugh this. I'm interested to see her fashion choices on her season. I'm picturing a lot less overly sparkly dresses than in the past (at least I hope so.)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:58 am

Kashathediva wrote:
ReneeM wrote:Ghost following IS childish & petty though IMO. At this point  IMO Vanessa unfollowing wouldn't be petty it's the reasonable course of action!. Her not unfollowing would be super fake IMO.

I totally disagree with this thought. (not you as a person bestbud! )
That works from your personal pov and that is ok. My POV differs and that is ok, too.
We don't know why a person might follow or like another. It could be because they like their photos. They want to be polite. They like their recipes, inspirational quotes etc. I follow people I have not met, probably never will and don't post on their pages. However, I follow them for other reasons and might continue to do so and might not.
On the flip side--I have unfollowed many close people in my life because I can no longer tolerate certain things they post and seeing it makes me anxious or increases my blood pressure. It's not the person, it's what's on their page. I can still love them and not continually have certain things in my face.
I think sometimes things are what they are and there is no hidden, secret, diabolical motive. It just is what it is.

If she follows Rachel and genuinely likes her posts why not double tap. It takes less than 2 seconds. I understand all that you're saying but none of it addresses following someone who you KNOW doesn't like you.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:11 am

I think the most responsible thing to do for anyone who has a social media account is to view who is following them or can see their pages and then adjust those privacy settings accordingly.
So if someone is on edge/disturbed about a person following them, they can remove that person, even if it means blocking.
There are people who will follow for who knows what reasons. I'm watching 48 hours thing from last night on stalking. That in itself is an eye opener and frightening. So I am sure there are nefarious reasons for following, also.
The only way the person who owns that account can control is through their own settings. The ball is in their court.
JMOAA

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:19 am

As new Bette, Rachel will likely encounter Nick & Vanessa at a franchise event at some point. Nick has done so with Shawn (charity event) and Josh (music event but then fiasco on BIP).  Nick interviewed with both Andi and Kaitlyn on JK.
It benefits to be cordial when rare interaction is required. Is being cordial fake? POV will/does vary. I have worked with people I dislike (and no doubt the reverse applies) but our primary purpose IMO is to be productive and IMO that is hindered if I focus on "negative feelings". It's a matter of compartmentalizing with the goal being to achieve the best possible outcome for the goal/task at hand.
Does not acting on my opinion of the person in front of me or sharing my opinion make me fake? I believe some would say yes. Personally, I just see it as irrelevant and a self-erected barrier to progress.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:41 am

Hi to all the new members and lurkers ... who read my POV, I can explain myself: I was a fan of Nick (my 1st fangirling experience, the reason I started to watch TB show at all), now I'm just his supporter (meaning: I like him, I believe in good in him and I wish him happiness, but other than that I really don't follow him anymore), I am not a fan of any girl, but I do like few ... just not enough to gush about them. When I write to "support" Vanessa, is because there is nothing tangible for me to be against her and because I defend my beliefs (my dislike for prejudice), since I always give the benefit of a doubt until proven otherwise. The same courtesy I have given to Rachel from the start, since my take on this show (that I mostly watch to observe the experiment) is that nobody is perfect, so for me Rachel and Vanessa are equals when it comes to their individual behavior (but not for Nick's "happiness")... and till recently I liked them both just the same ... but my curiosity to "understand a person" only takes me so far ... and once I stop being curious I don't turn to dislike them, but I simply don't care for them anymore.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:42 am

Cila51290 wrote:The producers singing praises about the lead is a no brainer. I wouldn't count that as the lead being this amazing person. They will turn their backs on the lead in a hot minute regardless if that person was Ms. Congeniality or not.  Jmo

I gess her co-workers and boss are no brainers then.

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:49 am

Naijabach wrote:I greatly appreciate the diversity in Rachel's music taste and imo I don't think she takes herself seriously as she appreciates the classic RnB and also like Justin Bieber based her Insta story.  

Yeah.  That party looked to be a blast!  Lots of 90s music.

umngirl wrote:I appreciate Rachel's honesty about saying she doesn't care for Vanessa. I don't either and I didn't even live with her for several weeks. Lol

I've always found Vanessa following her weird. I think it's clear they don't like each other and I never understand following someone on social media that I don't like. But that's just me.

On another note she looked great at the event she attended last. Ugh this. I'm interested to see her fashion choices on her season. I'm picturing a lot less overly sparkly dresses than in the past (at least I hope so.)

Loved her dress at the party, but I didn't like the WTA dress.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:02 am

umngirl wrote:I appreciate Rachel's honesty about saying she doesn't care for Vanessa. I don't either and I didn't even live with her for several weeks. Lol (snipped by me)
When I say "I don't care" about someone, it means I ignore them... I don't think about them, therefor I simply have NO FEELINGS about them, not even dislike or h#te ... nada ... Disliking someone, having negative feelings towards someone means caring in my book, since I give their presence a meaning, negative one.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:06 am

notarose wrote:As new Bette, Rachel will likely encounter Nick & Vanessa at a franchise event at some point. Nick has done so with Shawn (charity event) and Josh (music event but then fiasco on BIP).  Nick interviewed with both Andi and Kaitlyn on JK.
It benefits to be cordial when rare interaction is required. Is being cordial fake? POV will/does vary. I have worked with people I dislike (and no doubt the reverse applies) but our primary purpose IMO is to be productive and IMO that is hindered if I focus on "negative feelings". It's a matter of compartmentalizing with the goal being to achieve the best possible outcome for the goal/task at hand.
Does not acting on my opinion of the person in front of me or sharing my opinion make me fake? I believe some would say yes. Personally, I just see it as irrelevant and a self-erected barrier to progress.

All JMO but thats apples and oranges. Work is work, I'm sure if/when Rachel and Vanessa see each other at events, they'll keep it cute. Keeping it real is not about having beef on sight. People can dislike each other and still be cordial depending on location. All these people are cordial when they have to be, but none of them are friends, most of them still dislike each other. Nick and Shawn legitimately squashed their issue, & they follow each other on twitter, but Nick doesn't follow any of the others on any platform, and none of the others follow him on any either. SM is not a requirement, she's under no obligation to follow Rachel. Do you follow people you don't like on SM? Do you follow people you know don't like you? That's the heart of the discussion IMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:11 am

IMO In today's world, being a bigger person and letting things go is often taken as being politically correct/fake and saying the first thing that comes to your mind without any regard is being real.

I blame society for that perception but personally, I don't think being 'real' and sharing your negative opinions on someone publicly is beneficial. I might think my boss and colleagues are "not-nice" sometimes but saying it out loud would make working with them difficult and worst case, might cost me my job. Being a woman in a very male-dominated tech industry taught me that sometimes it's important to bite your tongue (JMO). 

Vanessa is the F1, Rachel is the 'Ette. Their paths are bound to cross again. IMO in this instance, it would be better for all parties to let it go if they don't want their dislike to be the talking point at every Bach event in the future. Vanessa probably already realizes that. Rachel will realize it eventually IMO.

All JMO.
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by allykat Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:27 am

^ I don't follow anyone I don't like on SM. I also don't go on social media to snark/bitch about people I know. Then again, I don't have thousands of people scrutinizing who I follow and what I say, trying to determine what that means. Plus, I'm in my 30's and like to act like a mature adult. Just being honest.

I think it's entirely possible that Vanessa and Rachel got in a fight on the show, didn't gel, and in Vanessa's mind that was that. She might not have realized their fight had enduring impact and that it meant that others would continue to actively dislike her so much. So she followed everyone post show because in her mind even if they aren't friends, per se, they weren't enemies either. Rachel may have a very different opinion of their fight.

It's also entirely possible that Vanessa is fake and following them on SM is just another clue to prove that.

I guess time will tell.
allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 73 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 55 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

+67
limoncello
dw_a_mom
Luvstruck
sosleepy
Sprite