SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Page 37 of 73 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 55 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

loveyou - Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 37 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Cila51290 Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:14 pm

ReneeM wrote:Ghost following IS childish & petty though IMO. At this point  IMO Vanessa unfollowing wouldn't be petty it's the reasonable course of action!. Her not unfollowing would be super fake IMO.

Maybe Vanessa doesn't think ghost following is petty. I think she just takes the high road on things. It's honestly whatever to her, IMO. I ghost follow a bunch of people on IG and I don't think that makes me petty or childish,IMO. Different strokes for different folks.
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

loveyou - Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 37 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by julychild Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:15 pm

Cila51290 wrote:The producers singing praises about the lead is a no brainer. I wouldn't count that as the lead being this amazing person. They will turn their backs on the lead in a hot minute regardless if that person was Ms. Congeniality or not.  Jmo

Of course, they'll "turn their backs," the have a job to do. That is not the point.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:15 pm

lightredemption wrote:I didn't even know "ghost following" was a thing. There are plenty of people I follow on IG whose posts I rarely like or don't ever like but I don't consider myself to be "ghost following" them. And I do think it would look petty to unfollow Rachel; I'm really over sending messages through social media

Good, so it's not just me. That one was brand new to me.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:19 pm

Cila51290 wrote:
ReneeM wrote:Ghost following IS childish & petty though IMO. At this point  IMO Vanessa unfollowing wouldn't be petty it's the reasonable course of action!. Her not unfollowing would be super fake IMO.

Maybe Vanessa doesn't think ghost following is petty. I think she just takes the high road on things. It's honestly whatever to her, IMO. I ghost follow a bunch of people on IG and I don't think that makes me petty or childish,IMO. Different strokes for different folks.

I don't follow people who don't like me, and I DEFINITELY don't follow people who tell other people they don't like me, but I'm also a real one. Not everyone can relate.

Last edited by ReneeM on Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:20 pm

Do we know that Vanessa knows about the IG live? I expect an unfollow very soon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:26 pm

julychild wrote:Snipped

This isn't coming only from her cast mates, the producers have been singing her praise as well. And no, I don't think it's just because she is their latest lead. Yes, she is charismatic, and confident, but these are not stupid people. IMO, they love her because they lived with her and got to see her heart. The other girls are not responding positively to her because she is the HBIC, read their posts, she was there for them. This is a common theme, that Rachel was a supportive force for them in that environment where they were stripped of their support system. We even got to see some of that show of support on the show. I don't know how coming circumstances will affect them, but I can see a post show friendship between Rachel and Nick. They already have the foundation for that.

Rachel is a girl who has the support and respect of her peers. With internalized misogyny on the rise (help us, God!) in our society today, that is not to be taken lightly!

ITA with you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I was listening to Taylor's(Vanessa's bff) interview on huffington post today and she said that before her two on one, Rachel had a talk with her gave her some really good advice and was just a calming presence for her (paraphrasing). I see a lot of people trying to dismiss the fact that a lot of people like, respect and admire her.

So many people have also said that she is funny, I hope we get to see that side of her on her season.
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:32 pm

I liked both Rachel and Vanessa. I don't care what happened between them on a TV competition dating show that ended filming 3 months ago. Let it go. No need for Rachel to like Vanessa but going on IG live and being public about it is not smart IMO...particularly as the Bachelorette. Rachel may be 100 and may not like Vanessa's edit But she has no guarantee how her edit will be shown on her own show. I find the follow not follow on IG ridiculous and juvenile. Rachel is making herself look bad now by her own actions. Rise Above. As far as Nick and his 4th time....Nick gets to choose the woman HE wants whether they last or not. Same for Rachel on her journey picking who she wants whether they last or not. Obviously Rachel is a smart woman so now that she is in the public eye she needs to start thinking about perception. Keeping it Real only goes so far. Particularly on a Franchise Reality TV show that can Edit Realness any way TPTB want. Hope Rachel finds the husband of her dreams....then goes back to her job as an attorney. Please no MeAndI 2.0.
All JMO

Last edited by Seabear on Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:35 pm

I follow lots of people and don't interact with them on sm , is that Ghost Following? So I am childish and petty? Interesting!
Not everyone follows someone because they like that person, imo. We will never know why Vanessa follows Rachel but now I know why Rachel doesn't follow back because she doesn't like V. Thanks for clearing that up, Rachel!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:38 pm

ReneeM wrote:
Cila51290 wrote:

I don't follow people who don't like me, and I DEFINITELY don't follow people who tell other people they don't like me, but I'm also a real one. Not everyone can relate.

I am a real one too and I think Vanessa is also so if she doesn't unfollow her IMO she probably does not care what Rachel says . I think it is very childish if she does unfollow her just due to the fact that I am sure Vanessa is over it and just like Nick could really careless who says what about her. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:42 pm

IMO, no one is better than anyone or more real just because he/she doesn't follow people they don't like or vice versa. It's their own prerogative whether they choose to follow or not. Social media is different for everyone. JMO
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:47 pm

I totally disagree with this thought. (not you as a person bestbud! )
That works from your personal pov and that is ok. My POV differs and that is ok, too.
We don't know why a person might follow or like another. It could be because they like their photos. They want to be polite. They like their recipes, inspirational quotes etc. I follow people I have not met, probably never will and don't post on their pages. However, I follow them for other reasons and might continue to do so and might not.
On the flip side--I have unfollowed many close people in my life because I can no longer tolerate certain things they post and seeing it makes me anxious or increases my blood pressure. It's not the person, it's what's on their page. I can still love them and not continually have certain things in my face.
I think sometimes things are what they are and there is no hidden, secret, diabolical motive. It just is what it is.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:49 pm

Lara wrote:Eh, Nick was the oversensitive mean girl there, if you ask me. He has no problem throwing shade at others, but can't take a simple joke? IMO.

I don't think it was just about that tweet. I haven't been following Olivia's tweets, but she's on People Now every Tuesday recapping the Bachelor and I find her super annoying. She clearly doesn't like Nick and acts like she's barely paying attention to what's going on, which makes me question why she's there to talk about it every week. She basically thinks Nick's boring, not being himself and doesn't have a connection with anyone. It's such a stark contrast to last year when she was on the show and Nick was often on AfterBuzz. He was always the one defending her or at the very least trying to see things from her perspective. Now Olivia's just crapping on him every week while sounding like an airhead (IMO). I would be tempted to give her a taste of her own medicine as well. JMO.

Back to Rachel, even if one doesn't think she or any of the other squad members are bitter about Nick dumping them, I doubt they would still be bothered by Vanessa if she'd ended up heartbroken instead of F1. Rachel seems very competitive to me (I think she even said so herself) based on the way she almost stepped on Astrid to get that ring and what she was saying to Nick after the volleyball debacle. I mean she was saying she felt like she wasn't valued and like what's the point apparently just because Nick decided to keep the losers as well. It might've rendered the volleyball game useless, but was it really that big a deal? To me it just showed that Nick cares more about the women's feelings than the rules and that's a good thing even if one of those women may be his favourite who the winners dislike. I fail to see how it translates to Nick not valuing the winners.

I think they were all thinking viewers and Nick will eventually see what transpired that apparently made Vanessa a "mini-villain" and the viewers will side with them and Nick will perhaps quietly wonder if he made a mistake. Then none of it was shown and most people are none the wiser, which makes them angry, so they're resorting to throwing out hints that there was drama we didn't see. It's just so stupid to me. They should all be grateful it wasn't shown, since adult women fighting is never a good look on anyone. Rachel in particular should be grateful, since she's the next lead and I'm sure she doesn't want to fall victim to the "angry black woman" stereotype that's so common. I for one always love it when the last few women can be friends with each other and it makes me respect them more, so I can't see how it benefits anyone to telegraph that wasn't the case. If the drama had been shown, they I would understand them wanting to defend themselves, but since it wasn't, they should just count their lucky starts and get over it. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, ladies! The only reason they have to bring up the unseen drama is jealousy, not necessarily over Nick but over the idea of Vanessa being liked when they think she doesn't deserve it. Just petty. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 73 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 55 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

+67
limoncello
dw_a_mom
Luvstruck
sosleepy
Sprite