SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7

Page 35 of 79 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 57 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7 - Page 35 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7

Post by Ash2214 Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:16 am

^ I don't think it's just because she's an engaged woman. I personally would never wear my skimpiest bikini and dance in the public with my booty and private area hanging out while I appeared to be extremely drunk. I also wouldn't be wearing my skimpiest bikini on a tour bus hanging out with a bunch of guys in a band considering it looks like Lauren at least had shorts with her and some sort of kimono. At the end of the day, this isn't to say she can't enjoy herself just because she's an engaged woman, however, there should absolutely be certain boundaries while in a relationship for both people involved.

I saw some comments that weren't happy because Ben took pictures with professional cheerleaders at a basketball game. Now there are comments about Lauren behavior. It goes both ways. All JMO

Last edited by Ash2214 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7 - Page 35 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7

Post by ReneeM Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:16 am

brownravens wrote:I can't say I'm Lauren's biggest fan, but I feel uneasy about comments saying her behaviour is bad "for an engaged person". Like what does relationship status have to do with anything especially dress/dancing etc. I feel like it's playing into a weird standard of thinking that women have be behave in a certain way purely for the men in their lives and it's very madonna/whore complex.

I would feel the same way if Ben was in his swim trunks, drunk on a bus with his single buddies and a bunch of random women, hamming it up & having his friends post all of it on SC.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Swiss Girl Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:19 am

JMO but if you respect your partner you don't behave like this in public.  Especially if you are famous, you must expect that you are filmed or taken pictures.

Last edited by Swiss Girl on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Swiss Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:20 am

I dunno, I'm not saying Ben doesn't get the hate but I just can't reconcile him or his contradictions as a human and I feel Lauren gets a disproportionate amount of hate because Ben is "the nice/christian guy".
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:25 am

For me at least, I would feel the same way and comment the same way if I saw snaps and videos of any girl from this franchise doing what Lauren did last night. I can't unsee that IG story from Jen with Lauren in that bikini, on the sidewalk with that guy, with her legs wide open, with her private area and booty hanging out, as other random people walk behind her.

Heck, if I saw one of my friends doing this, I'd have her stop. I wouldn't be recording her. All JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:27 am

Swiss Girl wrote:JMO but if you respect your partner you doesn't behave like this in public.  Especially if you are famous, you must expect that you are filmed or taken pictures.

But shouldn't that be between individual couples? And Lauren herself posted a photo of herself so she knows she's on socials.

I just feel sorry for her because it seems like she has had to sacrifice and change so much for the relationship while Ben has made zero changes.
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:28 am

Interesting discussion.
My thoughts: We live in a world where a lot of money is spent on packaging whether it be a consumer product or ourselves. The packaging is made to look a certain way to encourage attention.
Of course, what you see is not always what you get. You can't always judge a book by it's cover. How many of us have bought countless cosmetics expecting X and not exactly getting X? Sometimes even getting Y!
We are in charge of our own packaging from how we style our hair to how we choose to dress. There are so many choices to make and those do project certain images fair or not.
Personally, if I am adverse to a certain image, I would try to stay away from anything even a bit misleading to that image. Just me.
I do think some of the boundary lines are more blurred than what they used to be. So trying to figure out what the packaging means vs what the product is can be confusing.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:37 am

brownravens wrote:I dunno, I'm not saying Ben doesn't get the hate but I just can't reconcile him or his contradictions as a human and I feel Lauren gets a disproportionate amount of hate because Ben is "the nice/christian guy".

I mean you can go all the way back and read my posts from the past because I detest Ben (I truly cannot stand that man) and I'm firmly a part of team #FreeLauren2k17. But I still think what she did was inappropriate and definitely shouldn't have been posted on the internet.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Swiss Girl Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:42 am

Maybe when she is sober again, she will regret that she posted the picture...
I agree, each couple is different and maybe some wouldn't have a problem wiith this bahavior, but I can't imagine Ben is very happy to see all this videos and pictures!

Swiss Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:43 am

It's not about double standards, having to make changes in the relationship while the other partner doesn't, etc. IMO.

It's about behaving like a civilized adult in public settings. Especially knowing the whole world can/will see you, as a public figure. Being in barely there clothes, spreading her legs wide open, etc. around all these rando ppl with friends thinking it's funny, and posting videos all over SM is just not a good look. IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:44 am

@ReneeM I agree.
My mind even took it further.
Would it be ok for a woman who was 25+ pounds overweight and over 50yr old to be wearing that outfit in the same situation? So why is it ok for a Barbie?

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:46 am

I mean, I'm not surprised. Lauren + alcohol + girlfriends usually = a little OTT laugh out loud. Not my fave Lauren by any stretch but I don't think it says much about her relationship, she seems to need to get this out of her system every couple months. What is Ben doing in AZ?

ETA: so I watched and I really didn't think it was that scandalous. Embarrassing yes. Tipsy yes. But she was dancing. In a bikini. At a concert, on a beach? (that moved to the street laugh out loud)

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7 - Page 35 Img_9816
Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7 - Page 35 Img_9810
Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7 - Page 35 Img_9811

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7 - Page 35 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 79 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 57 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #7

+78
Imp
crunchycheeto
North
Julie81
AmoreBella