SELECT CONTENT

Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 32 of 37 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 32 Empty Re: Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Schnitty4lyf Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:40 am

Yay @Billysmom, can always count on you to help spread the Laura love too! Not too much action for her in tonights ep, but looks like her hometown could get a bit dicey! (If we're to trust the editing of the preview, laugh out loud)
Schnitty4lyf
Schnitty4lyf

Back to top Go down

Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 32 Empty Re: Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Sprite Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:43 am

I have recently come out of the unspoiled section and I don't really have a horse in this rodeo, although I like all the F4 ladies. 

Like many here I don't get the dislike for Laura. I get that she may not be as warm and bubbly like some of the others, but at the same time, I personally haven't seen her do anything objectionable. That said, I've seen this phenomena time and time again. Producers edit F2 & 3 to be more engaging with the audience because they want their options open for the next lead, so the F1 gets shafted. Also, sometimes people just like to root for the underdog.

Ultimately, all that matters is how Matty feels. To me, she seems the one he is most into. Will it last? No idea. Good luck to who ever he picks. I suspect it might get a little brutal in the court of public opinion by the end, but that isn't exactly new.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by solaroo Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:46 am

Billysmom wrote:Havent seen the epi yet, but just wanted to be part of this thread!!! hi yes :crazed

Will be interested to hear your thoughts when you catch up @Billysmom !
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:48 am

Sprite wrote:I have recently come out of the unspoiled section and I don't really have a horse in this rodeo, although I like all the F4 ladies. 

Like many here I don't get the dislike for Laura. I get that she may not be as warm and bubbly like some of the others, but at the same time, I personally haven't seen her do anything objectionable. That said, I've seen this phenomena time and time again. Producers edit F2 & 3 to be more engaging with the audience because they want their options open for the next lead, so the F1 gets shafted. Also, sometimes people just like to root for the underdog.

Ultimately, all that matters is how Matty feels. To me, she seems the one he is most into. Will it last? No idea. Good luck to who ever he picks. I suspect it might get a little brutal in the court of public opinion by the end, but that isn't exactly new.
I can only speak for myself but it is not editing that has not earned me to Laura. So many of her comments on Sm have come across to me as snarky and unnecessary. The edit has just reinforced her SM for me. There are others who in interviews and SM come across as a lot more warm and likeable. Don't get me wrong, I think for sure she is F1 but her SM and interview comments are often OTT and egotistical. JMO.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Schnitty4lyf Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:54 am

ssin0547 wrote:
I can only speak for myself but it is not editing that has not earned me to Laura. So many of her comments on Sm have come across to me as snarky and unnecessary. The edit has just reinforced her SM for me. There are others who in interviews and SM come across as a lot more warm and likeable. Don't get me wrong, I think for sure she is F1 but her SM and interview comments are often OTT and egotistical. JMO.

It's funny because Laura's SM comments actually made me like her more, I think she is hilarious and relatable! But, as has been said many times, we all see different things and interpret things differently, which makes for interesting debates and discussion! Smiley
Schnitty4lyf
Schnitty4lyf

Back to top Go down

Post by solaroo Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Fair enough, our experience of these people on our tv screens is always going to be subjective.  I guess from my own perspective I tend to read comments in interviews and SM being conscious that we can't hear someone's tone of voice or see the expression on their face at the time, and often just the context of an interview.  I've personally watched journalists ask someone a question in a joking tone, having a bit of a laugh, which has in turn induced a cheeky/funny response from their interviewee, when in another time and place the person may have answered the question a bit differently.  The example I'm particularly thinking of here, **EDIT** is the interview where she suggests that her and Flo are Matty's favourites.  As readers we can't possibly know the tone of the interview at the time.  Hypothetically, for all we know, it may have been a cheeky ask of the interviewer, totally said with a laugh, with Laura and Flo sitting by side going along with the joke.  Not to say that that is what happened, just to say that it's plausible and we just don't know.  And for all we know, TPTB could have encouraged Laura to answer tricky questions just like that, almost as a double bluff - because many would think an F1 surely wouldn't nominate herself as a favourite, like who would do that, right?  Anyway, just my opinion, humbly.  But I totally respect where you're coming from. Smiley

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by solaroo Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Schnitty4lyf wrote:
ssin0547 wrote:

It's funny because Laura's SM comments actually made me like her more, I think she is hilarious and relatable! But, as has been said many times, we all see different things and interpret things differently, which makes for interesting debates and discussion! Smiley

Agree! Me too. I like her SM humour and don't find her at all snarky. It's witty and light, and for the most part she doesn't seem to take herself too seriously.
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Schnitty4lyf wrote:
ssin0547 wrote:

As I said, I have just become spoiled so I have no idea about any of the SM stuff. I'm just basing my opinion on what I have seen on the show.

Is there a link to her SM?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by solaroo Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:10 pm

Her instagram is: https://www.instagram.com/ladyandacat/

Have a read of some of her early posts particularly and see what you think. I appreciate your experienced thoughts!
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by fabgirl Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Sprite wrote:
Schnitty4lyf wrote:
ssin0547 wrote:

As I said, I have just become spoiled so I have no idea about any of the SM stuff. I'm just basing my opinion on what I have seen on the show.

Laura Byrne: Instagram @ladyandacat, then Tonimay her business.
fabgirl
fabgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Schnitty4lyf Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:14 pm

Sprite wrote:

Oh boy! All the girls have been very active on Instagram, so there is a lot to get through if you go down that rabbit hole! As far as we are aware, they are supplied pictures from the show, and write their own captions which are then pre-approved by the show. And they all comment on each other's pics too!

Good luck! Smiley
Schnitty4lyf
Schnitty4lyf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:27 pm

Thanks @solaroo @fabgirl

So I just went through her Instagram and I really don't see what the issue is. She seems to love her family and her cat and seems funny in a self deprecating kind of way. My kind of gal.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 37 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+43
Missfi
Ash
Hooked
NostalgicNZA
Sprite
fabgirl
Enough
Pongo
aprawn
iamreal2u
Bumbleguild