SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 48 of 79 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 63 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 48 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by MiaHawk Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:37 am

Ladybug82 wrote:@Kashathediva @MiaHawk which is why I say bring on RoSe, some one from the past before shilling/becoming an influencer was right/only reason to go on the show or give us someone new altogether.

JMO

ETA:  and yes, I realize that that is what Robby and Chase do these days, but they make me laugh when they're together.  Individually, I'll pass... Though I lean a little more favorably towards Chase than Robby, but just a teensy, tiny bit. laugh out loud

@ladybug82 They make me laugh, too. But...Robby was never a fan favorite (during or after Jojo's season), and he gets so much criticism that I cannot see him getting chosen. I could more easily imagine Chase getting picked since he got close last time. I don't think TPTB would ever cast RoSe together, but they definitely wouldn't be boring! rotfl
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 48 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:52 am

I am all in for Peter as Bachelor! Imho, I have not read any negative coverage about Peter leading up to and post finale in all major media. Shoot, he was trending on Twitter!  Robin Roberts from GMA tweeted about how nice he was after the interview. He is red hot, imo, and the gig is his for taking.

I think the only other candidate is Wells and his bartender gig on BIP is his audition.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:10 am

If we're gonna be realistic and objective here, peter is their most marketable candidate.

1. One of the clear favorite coming out of this season
2. textbook attractive (I know this can be subjective but c'mon)
3. his exit scene was IMO one of the most captivating in the bach/ette seasons I've watched
4. GQ is out here noticing him
5. Jimmy Kimmel was out there singing him praises
6. He's picture posted on Enews! instagram was well recieved judging from the likes (wouldn't be surprised it TBTP was behind it to see reception outside of peter's own account)
7. Outside of this forum, dislike for peter is honestly fairly minimal
8. He came out looking like the bigger person at AFTR IMO
9. Outside of rachel and Evan, I haven't seen anyone from bach alumni bad mouth him
10. He's minding his own business (literally) which could mean one of two things. He already knows he has it in the bag. OR he doesn't want it (but since some people are convinced this is he's life goal ..... no idea )

Peronally, I could take it or leave it, having him as bach. I selfishly don't want the gig to ruin him for me like it did rachel sad
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:42 am

Please do not generalize who on this forum cares for Peter and who doesn't. We do not know how many members or guests that do not post and are fans of Peter.

There are members who don't care about Peter or any contestant. They shouldn't be lumped into any category. I've seen plenty of tweets responding to MF that do not want Peter, so I wouldn't say it's minimal outside this forum. There is no way to gauge accurately to state whether he is liked or not liked on this forum.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions on any contestant. If there are more positive or less positive comments, it doesn't make a difference. We are all the same, sharing our opinions.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:59 am

FashionLover wrote:If we're gonna be realistic and objective here, peter is their most marketable candidate.

1. One of the clear favorite coming out of this season
2. textbook attractive (I know this can be subjective but c'mon)
3. his exit scene was IMO one of the most captivating in the bach/ette seasons I've watched
4. GQ is out here noticing him
5. Jimmy Kimmel was out there singing him praises
6. He's picture posted on Enews! instagram was well recieved judging from the likes (wouldn't be surprised it TBTP was behind it to see reception outside of peter's own account)
7. Outside of this forum, dislike for peter is honestly fairly minimal
8. He came out looking like the bigger person at AFTR IMO
9. Outside of rachel and Evan, I haven't seen anyone from bach alumni bad mouth him
10. He's minding his own business (literally) which could mean one of two things. He already knows he has it in the bag. OR he doesn't want it (but since some people are convinced this is he's life goal ..... no idea )

Peronally, I could take it or leave it, having him as bach. I selfishly don't want the gig to ruin him for me like it did rachel sad

I waver between neutral and dislike when it comes to Peter, but I completely agree. I think they know how marketable Peter is and I think they've known since filming Rachel's season. It's very hard for me to see any serious competition for him. He's basically the closest thing we've had to Jason Mesnick, given how beloved he is (to the point of hero-worship) and how emotionally invested people are in him, given his heartbreak at the finale. This whole season, particularly the finale, felt like a set up for Peter to be the Bachelor, so I can't see him not getting it, unless he turns it down (which I don't think he will). I actually think he would make for a very interesting season, given how next-level gorgeous he is, which will drive the girls crazy, and his whole stance on proposing. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:11 am

I think it'll be Peter too. He's the clear cut choice imo and people are totally obsessed with him. I'm very neutral on him myself but I think he'll make for a great season, especially if they find the woman to trigger his insecurities and further undo his therapy, which hopefully they will, for my entertainment purposes laugh out loud

Last edited by Alanna on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling!!)

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by jalkire Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:15 am

I want Peter to get the gig simply because imo that's what he wanted all along. I don't dislike Peter I'm also not buying his image or whatever you want to call it. I do think his season will be entertaining, I also think the network really wants him so in this regard everyone gets what they want.

jalkire

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:26 am

IF the Bachelor show was a slideshow of still photographs, and not a live action film with action and dialogue, I might be able to see Peter's appeal for others. But, since the Bachelor show is an actual video with audio, I just personally don't see the appeal. He is so stiff, non-expressive both verbally and physically. I personally do not find him all that physically attractive most of the time with the exception of a few modeling photos I have seen with him in suits (to cover his IMO ugly tattoos) with his mouth closed (no reminder of his lifeless conversational skills). To me, he kind of reminds me of how I felt about the Farmer getting the lead. I kind of see him checking off certain boxes for certain viewers and not appealing to others. Oh well, MF isn't producing this show with MY needs in mind, laugh out loud.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:42 am

Ugh... yes.   IMO, he would be one of the most boring bachelors in the history of the franchise.  Rolling Eyes

Add to that, he appears to have ZERO interest in proposing on this show, and likely ZERO interest in
really meeting someone.   

Tell me again... WHY should we want him as bachelor??  Because he's eye candy (for some)?   Fine, put him
on a poster and let's call it a day!  cheeky
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:00 pm

MiaHawk wrote:IF the Bachelor show was a slideshow of still photographs, and not a live action film with action and dialogue, I might be able to see Peter's appeal for others.  But, since the Bachelor show is an actual video with audio, I just personally don't see the appeal.  He is so stiff, non-expressive both verbally and physically.  I personally do not find him all that physically attractive most of the time with the exception of a few modeling photos I have seen with him in suits (to cover his IMO ugly tattoos) with his mouth closed (no reminder of his lifeless conversational skills). To me, he kind of reminds me of how I felt about the Farmer getting the lead. I kind of see him checking off certain boxes for certain viewers and not appealing to others. Oh well, MF isn't producing this show with MY needs in mind, laugh out loud.  

I am neutral on Peter but IA with the bolded part.
I must need my eyes examined, because I just don't find him that physical appealing (to me). He seems like a decent person in real life, but on the show, he is pretty monotone, again, Jmo.
I don't expect his season any different from others, if Peter is the Bach. A few crazies, a few MOT, two or three viable choices, and I am positive he will propose. I just hope his family and friends will remain silent when the first negative comment throwing Peter's way.
All Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:26 pm

sdmom wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:IF the Bachelor show was a slideshow of still photographs, and not a live action film with action and dialogue, I might be able to see Peter's appeal for others.  But, since the Bachelor show is an actual video with audio, I just personally don't see the appeal.  He is so stiff, non-expressive both verbally and physically.  I personally do not find him all that physically attractive most of the time with the exception of a few modeling photos I have seen with him in suits (to cover his IMO ugly tattoos) with his mouth closed (no reminder of his lifeless conversational skills). To me, he kind of reminds me of how I felt about the Farmer getting the lead. I kind of see him checking off certain boxes for certain viewers and not appealing to others. Oh well, MF isn't producing this show with MY needs in mind, laugh out loud.  

I am neutral on Peter but IA with the bolded part.
I must need my eyes examined, because I just don't find him that physical appealing (to me). He seems like a decent person in real life, but on the show, he is pretty monotone, again, Jmo.
I don't expect his season any different from others, if Peter is the Bach. A few crazies, a few MOT, two or three viable choices, and I am positive he will propose. I just hope his family and friends will remain silent when the first negative comment throwing Peter's way.
All Jmo.

IA. As to the bolded, I also agree that Peter will propose at the end, and here is why:  I think that Peter gained a lot of supporters because he came across as "the sane one" for not wanting to propose to Rachel after such a short period of time.  While I agree that the proposals at the end of these shows are ridiculous, the proposals are a built in facet of this show.  So, I view this show through that filter.  

I think that part of the storyline this past season was edited precisely to show the contrast between Bryan being "all in" and Peter being "not ready to jump". Because Peter ended up being F2, his hesitance was interpreted by fans as both "sane" and "warranted" because Rachel was not the one for him.  IMO, Peter used the talk about only proposing once/same thing as marriage as his "out" in his relationship with Rachel. He knew that was his ticket to elimination and non-engagement to Rachel (who actually was looking to get married). I do not believe that he holds such a firm stance on only getting engaged once in his life. IMO.  I think he may hold that view about only getting married once in life, and IMO he is not looking to get married anytime soon (as echoed by his mom and sister on HTDs).

I do believe that he will find a woman that he deems equally unready to actually get married, someone who he can propose to at the end in order to redeem his image. The fans will say "I told ya so, Rachel just wasn't his one" and he will come across as a Romeo who found his Juliet. But, I am 99.999% sure that it will all just be for show, and they will stay together for a set amount of time, then break up with the "we gave it our best shot" dribble. It will be a faux engagement, IMO. I say all this because IMO Peter is not ready to get married to anyone. If Peter does all of the above, he will come out of all of this with even more exposure for his business and even more admiration from his fans. The poor F1 woman will, however, be vilified, I fear. So, whoever takes on the role of his F1 better be prepared, because when "she breaks Peter's heart" she will be hated, IMO.

This is Peter's job to lose and Peter is only poised to reap the benefits of being the lead. Plus, Neil Lane knows he will get his ring back and MF won't have to pay for a TV wedding. It's a win-win for all of the players. JMO.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by bluejay25 Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:04 pm

sad  laugh out loud. Sincere tweet or insincere?

bluejay25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 79 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 63 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

+112
NCGalBecca
Imp
whit90
aviej
harts05