SELECT CONTENT

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6

Page 22 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6  - Page 22 Empty Re: Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6

Post by hannah.e. Thu May 25, 2017 4:12 pm

Yeah okay Lauren moved to Denver. I'll give her that, to me that made more sense for their relationship anyways. Quitting her job, no. She would've had to do that whether she was with Ben or not. Postponing a wedding to someone who you've known less than a year seems normal - especially if they were starting to have issues. Why still rush to the alter when they were presented with new challenges in their relationship? IMO, waiting is better than rushing and screwing up a marriage later. Lauren acted out, IMO, it was more self destructive and destructive to their relationship. When faced with adversity you don't just run away to the nearest bar if you really want to make the relationship work. It didn't seem like Lauren was interested in making it work for several months IMO.

EDIT: @sosleepy IMO Ben wasn't eating up what Ashley said. Having her around for his ego was a joke. Any time last year when asked about the Perfect Ben thing, Ben has always appeared to be humbled but have humility. He's said a number of times that he's not perfect. He seems to own that. He's one of the best guys to come from this franchise IMO, and I hope he knows that.

hannah.e.

Back to top Go down

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6  - Page 22 Empty Re: Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu May 25, 2017 4:24 pm

Imo Ben wasn't interested in making it work either. Why should Lauren make all the effort, while Ben didn't do much? Moving to another state is HUGE. Uprooting her life, no job, no friends, no her normalcy. Added to it Ben throwing fits, over paint colours, over the aftr issue. Her not finding her footing in Denver, even though she tried. She had one of her own friends there, but everything else and everyone else was on Ben's turf. His friends, his house, his hobbies, his dreams, his job etc etc. Imo Lauren did a lot for this relationship, and downplaying it isn't fair. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Thu May 25, 2017 4:25 pm

If my fiance kept saying publicly that he was ready to marry me to only then call it off, I'd act out too. Sure a wedding isn't for everyone and things change, but Benjamin literally spits out promises that he clearly cannot keep. IMO, he's the one that didn't know how to make things work. He's a manchild, IMO. That HEA episode where they did that therapy session shows exactly why the relationship fell apart. Ben making excuses about not having enough memories with Lauren & his friends, wants to get to know Lauren more, etc. He was the one pulling back. You can see it in Lauren's eyes just how much those things he said right there and then hurt her. There was no turning back from that, imo. It was televised and yet Ben's fans still sided with him during that episode. Mr. Perfect always laugh out loud
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu May 25, 2017 4:29 pm

@hannah.e. I do agree with you that Ben is overall a good person, and one of the better guys to come from this franchise. Although really, thats not saying much, the competition is pretty weak. I'm having trouble right now thinking of a single guy from this franchise I'd be happy about having my daughter date. I mean, my daughter is 2, but like in the future. laugh out loud And that includes Ben. At least this version of Ben, I see a lot of growing up that needs to happen. He's pretty self centered, definitely an ego there.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Thu May 25, 2017 4:35 pm

And this is where this show goes wrong, Ben is a Bachelor imo, that should have not gotten engaged from the show...but he obviously wanted to for his image or something...but he obviously was not ready to be and didn't seem to really want to be. You can't propose, give a girl and engagement ring, say you want to marry them, then take it back. Sure if you were just in a relationship, it's fine to wait a few years to get engaged/married, which is probably what Ben wanted. But it doesn't work that way when you are already engaged...anyways, jmo.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Thu May 25, 2017 4:42 pm

Everyone coming off engaged from this show should just be realistic and real. Ben wasn't which made it difficult for him to live up to his fake promises. If he just said "we're taking things slowly, no wedding plans yet" maybe the pressure would've been easier for both. jmo
Cila51290
Cila51290

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu May 25, 2017 4:43 pm

Hey - I'm fine with Ben getting engaged on the show. They all do. I'm even fine with him proposing a second time when he was "in the glow" of it all. I'm also ok with him deciding after time, Lauren wasn't the one and maybe he didn't want this after all.

Where he loses me was his willingness and wanting to do HEA, a television show literally billed to be his wedding journey in the first place. Then, even more agregious, freaking AGREEING to and setting a date on said show. That's where he loses me. That's how I become team Lauren. Grow some balls dude. Don't agree to this kind of $hit to begin with if you even have a sliver of a doubt, which he must have. Then, grow a second pair and tell producers to shove it when he filmed that fake therapy and took the wedding away on prime time television.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by hannah.e. Thu May 25, 2017 4:45 pm

IMO due to this show and the circumstances, I'll cut him some slack for when people expect them to get married. Ben and Lauren both appeared very confident coming off the show. That was before they lived together. It's called a honeymoon phase before real life kicks in.

hannah.e.

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu May 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Cila51290 wrote:Everyone coming off engaged from this show should just be realistic and real. Ben wasn't which made it difficult for him to live up to his fake promises. If he just said "we're taking things slowly, no wedding plans yet" maybe the pressure would've been easier for both. jmo

Yeah, pretty much this. I'll chalk it up to his age, immaturity, and people pleaser nature. He set the bar and expectations so high, there was no where to go but down. I think part of it is he was trying to overcompensate for dual ILY at the time. Just too much dude, too much.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweeti810 Thu May 25, 2017 4:46 pm

Duke702 wrote:And this is where this show goes wrong, Ben is a Bachelor imo, that should have not gotten engaged from the show...but he obviously wanted to for his image or something...but he obviously was not ready to be and didn't seem to really want to be. You can't propose, give a girl and engagement ring, say you want to marry them, then take it back. Sure if you were just in a relationship, it's fine to wait a few years to get engaged/married, which is probably what Ben wanted. But it doesn't work that way when you are already engaged...anyways, jmo.

I think you can definiteley propose and have every intention of marrying the person, but then something goes wrong during the engagement. For example, Rory McIlroy & Caroline Wozniacki.

sweeti810

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Thu May 25, 2017 4:59 pm

sweeti810 wrote: I think you can definiteley propose and have every intention of marrying the person, but then something goes wrong during the engagement. For example, Rory McIlroy & Caroline Wozniacki.

Of course anything can go wrong but these people are not being televised for it. Constantly saying you're getting married, you're not, wait yes we are getting married on numerous occasions is ridiculous. You either do or you don't.

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". Lauren was DONE after that, IMO.
Cila51290
Cila51290

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu May 25, 2017 5:02 pm

IMO if they are going to get engaged, which is expected of them, then the standard line should be that there are no wedding plans, we are going to enjoy being engaged. Period. Every single time someone asks, that should be the response. It's ridiculous IMO to give a timeline when you barley know the person.

They are just setting themselves up for media pressure. Probably pressure on themselves as well.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #6

+77
Aria
chrissy1295
wizzy_mom
nikikass
makeover