SELECT CONTENT

JoJo Fletcher-Rodgers & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Page 37 of 47 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JoJo Fletcher-Rodgers & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 37 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher-Rodgers & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Post by sosleepy Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:09 am

If the true goal is to get your brother back in your life for the sake of your parents or whatever, like this tweet insinuates... I’m guessing making a trending tweet calling out your brother and basically calling him an a$$hole while he’s just trying to do something philanthropic won’t achieve any purpose, and will only make things that much worse. So much for “keeping things private” like Jordan pretended he wanted to do on the show. 

Sorry, Jordan is a dbag here.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

JoJo Fletcher-Rodgers & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 37 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher-Rodgers & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

Post by sosleepy Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:35 am

Minney wrote:Do we really think Jordan and his family are toxic?  I don't follow them closely but during the season they didn't come across that way (and it can be hard to hide! LOL) and for the past couple of years it would seem if Jordan was part of that toxicity that it would show in his relationship with JoJo.  It's all just very sad, IMO.  

I know enough about this family and their political extemism to know they aren’t my people. How lovely they like to get together and dress up and be goofy or whatever at a bowling alley or for the ‘gram. They have some toxic beliefs bts that have always given me a big fat pause.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:45 am

ReneeM wrote:It doesn't even matter who's right and who's wrong at this point. It's pathetic imo. Both sides probably think they're right, but I've never heard of right-ness comforting and wiping away regrets should tragedy strike. & imo family is everything.

Yeah, this. It’s a sad situation all around.

It’s been said repeatedly how toxic and abusive they are, but it seems like little is actually known about this family dynamic?

JoJo Fletcher-Rodgers & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 37 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:09 am

sosleepy wrote:All I know is I love Aaron. I totally respect and am in awe of him as an athlete, think he’s basically genius level and one of the smartest all around men in the NFL. I really appreciate the causes he stands for. He’s a deep thinker, if you really follow him and watch his interviews. He’s incredibly private, and yes, can appear aloof. I think he’s more misunderstood than being an actual jerk.

Idk. The more I see this play out, it’s the Rodgers family that has the bad look here, not Aaron. Jordan (who I’ve come to like) is one of the worst with making this all public, and probably making the rift even wider. America/NFL audience literally only knows about this family drama because of Jordan to begin with, lest we forget. This tweet, built off Aaron’s donation for his hometown community is in incredibly poor taste.

Idk. You don’t cut out family to this extent willy nilly for no good reason. I’m guessing Aaron has a very good reason. 

The end.

So much I agree with.
Everyone has a private life. There are always 3 sides to a story. Personally, we all have dirty laundry and I am never on the side of airing it or drama.
What I found personally works best for me, as time goes on, is setting firm boundaries and distancing myself. This works for me. Focus on the positive.
And as far as honoring your mother and father goes, that can mean showing respect by keeping your big yap closed and not creating more drama in an already tenuous situation.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:15 am

sosleepy wrote:All I know is I love Aaron. I totally respect and am in awe of him as an athlete, think he’s basically genius level and one of the smartest all around men in the NFL. I really appreciate the causes he stands for. He’s a deep thinker, if you really follow him and watch his interviews. He’s incredibly private, and yes, can appear aloof. I think he’s more misunderstood than being an actual jerk.

Idk. The more I see this play out, it’s the Rodgers family that has the bad look here, not Aaron. Jordan (who I’ve come to like) is one of the worst with making this all public, and probably making the rift even wider. America/NFL audience literally only knows about this family drama because of Jordan to begin with, lest we forget. This tweet, built off Aaron’s donation for his hometown community is in incredibly poor taste.

Idk. You don’t cut out family to this extent willy nilly for no good reason. I’m guessing Aaron has a very good reason. 

The end.

Preach! The feature story Mina Kimes did on Aaron I think gives some good insight into the situation without Aaron flat out saying it. Add into it the causes he supports and it’s easy to connect some dots.

I can only hope Jordan, Luke and Ed take a page out of Aaron’s book and keep this crap private going forward instead of going to social media all the time.

JoJo Fletcher-Rodgers & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 37 87b72b10 JoJo Fletcher-Rodgers & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 37 86669110 JoJo Fletcher-Rodgers & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 37 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:29 am

bleuberry wrote:It’s been said repeatedly how toxic and abusive they are, but it seems like little is actually known about this family dynamic?
I think it's just been assumed that they're abusive and toxic because that's the only thing that could justify him treating his family this way, and somehow it's been repeated so much that it's almost become fact, but I've seen zero proof of this. That's not to say the family's perfect, the dad in particular has some really problematic views, but according to Olivia Munn neither side of the road is clean so if I take her at her word, it's not all the family's fault as most would like to believe. The bottom line is that airing out your family's business is ugly, it does nothing but provide fodder for strangers like us to comment on without the benefit of context, and knowing your parents are in danger and not calling because you think you're right in whatever dispute/feud is about as petty as it gets. Jordan & Luke aren't the best brothers to Aaron, & Aaron's a pretty sucky person. All jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:33 am

Kashathediva wrote:

The end.

So much I agree with.
Everyone has a private life.  There are always 3 sides to a story. Personally, we all have dirty laundry and I am never on the side of airing it or drama.
What I found personally works best for me, as time goes on, is setting firm boundaries and distancing myself. This works for me. Focus on the positive.  
And as far as honoring your mother and father goes, that can mean showing respect by keeping your big yap closed and not creating more drama in an already tenuous situation.
@Kashathediva
@sosleepy
My sentiments align with yours. I don’t know what got them here and I don’t want to know. It’s family business we cannot judge from the outside looking in. I agree that silence is often the best way to honor people who attack you and IMO Aaron is definitely being quite publicly attacked.  

IMO, Jordan needs to say nothing more about Aaron who is a notable, popular, high profile sports star because Jordan’s livelihood requires impartial, objective sports reporting and a great degree of fan acceptance that I believe he could be placing at risk. People have lost those jobs for less. JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:31 pm

Not knowing what happened, I only wish one day when his mom leaves the world, Aaron has no regrets.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:34 pm

ReneeM wrote:
bleuberry wrote:It’s been said repeatedly how toxic and abusive they are, but it seems like little is actually known about this family dynamic?
I think it's just been assumed that they're abusive and toxic because that's the only thing that could justify him treating his family this way, and somehow it's been repeated so much that it's almost become fact, but I've seen zero proof of this. That's not to say the family's perfect, the dad in particular has some really problematic views, but according to Olivia Munn neither side of the road is clean so if I take her at her word, it's not all the family's fault as most would like to believe. The bottom line is that airing out your family's business is ugly, it does nothing but provide fodder for strangers like us to comment on without the benefit of context, and knowing your parents are in danger and not calling because you think you're right in whatever dispute/feud is about as petty as it gets. Jordan & Luke aren't the best brothers to Aaron, & Aaron's a pretty sucky person. All jmo.

Thanks. I figured it was complicated and messy, on both sides.

JoJo Fletcher-Rodgers & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4 - Page 37 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:52 pm

ReneeM wrote:

THIS.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:54 pm

ReneeM wrote:

Again, really well said. I don’t have much to add. Edit

Both sides have their issues, IMO.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:49 pm

Just a Q? How much money and attention has Jordan taken away from victims of this fire by stomping all over Aaron’s (well meaning and good intentions) donation and message? Jordan’s tweet went viral and it kind of overshadowed what Aaron was trying to do. Pretty selfish and petty AF, if you ask me.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 47 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

JoJo Fletcher-Rodgers & Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #4

+61
gurlbrit
HavaDrPepper
Fangirl26
provenceguy
nd4reality