SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Page 60 of 66 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 60 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:07 pm

sdmom wrote:@GuardianAngel
http://people.com/tv/bachelorette-finale-rachel-lindsay-exclusive-engaged-bryan-abasolo-peter-kraus-split/

tyvm

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 60 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by stuckinsc Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:09 am

Sprite wrote:Well, I was just looking at my news listings and a bit about Rachel thanking Bryan was there so I went to read and look to see if I can find some new photos for their finale banner. I followed a few links and can I just say that I am actually a bit flabbergasted. These two are shilling their little hearts out right from the get go. They certainly wasted absolutely no time and clearly have set all this up while they were in hiding. Not only did Bryan set up his cr*ptastic Dr. Abs merchandise and website and roll it out hours after the final, today they are handing out roses at Lord & Taylor to promote some price matching program and Rachel is shilling dog toys for Target on her Instagram.

I really don't begrudge people making money off of their stint on the show, I really don't. I have come to expect it, but they are professionals with six figure salaries and I just did not expect this aggressive level of shilling basically from the end of the finale. Any bit of romance I felt about these two is pretty much shot. It seems like a whole new level of greed IMO. Tacky.

I hate all the shilling of all the couples, but I find it a huge double standard that because Rachel and Bryan have educations and careers they have less right to shill. Heck, maybe they have student loans to pay off. It the dumb and talentless, like Duh make $30k a month why should Rachel and Bryan. If people are stupid enough to help these people influence, then economic or education status should not make a difference.

And I actually like the cheesiness of the Dr. Abs crap. It is so ridiculous it is almost funny to me. It is like all the crap I used to laugh at in Spencer stores.

JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:50 am

stuckinsc wrote:
Sprite wrote:Well, I was just looking at my news listings and a bit about Rachel thanking Bryan was there so I went to read and look to see if I can find some new photos for their finale banner. I followed a few links and can I just say that I am actually a bit flabbergasted. These two are shilling their little hearts out right from the get go. They certainly wasted absolutely no time and clearly have set all this up while they were in hiding. Not only did Bryan set up his cr*ptastic Dr. Abs merchandise and website and roll it out hours after the final, today they are handing out roses at Lord & Taylor to promote some price matching program and Rachel is shilling dog toys for Target on her Instagram.

I really don't begrudge people making money off of their stint on the show, I really don't. I have come to expect it, but they are professionals with six figure salaries and I just did not expect this aggressive level of shilling basically from the end of the finale. Any bit of romance I felt about these two is pretty much shot. It seems like a whole new level of greed IMO. Tacky.

I hate all the shilling of all the couples, but I find it a huge double standard that because Rachel and Bryan have educations and careers they have less right to shill. Heck, maybe they have student loans to pay off. It the dumb and talentless, like Duh make $30k a month why should Rachel and Bryan. If people are stupid enough to help these people influence, then economic or education status should not make a difference.

And I actually like the cheesiness of the Dr. Abs crap. It is so ridiculous it is almost funny to me. It is like all the crap I used to laugh at in Spencer stores.

JMO.

I wouldn't buy any of the stuff these people are shilling, but Imo the Dr Abs stuff is personable, unique, and relatable to the couple. So corny, Cheesy that it's funny. I bet they're getting big money offers left and right, it'd be stupid to not take the advantage of it while it's so easy. And I'd also like to add, that the success both Rachel and Bryan have had in their professional careers, no doubt hasn't just been handed to them. It's taken long years studying, working hard, and dedicating time, effort, money etc in them. Why should they deny themselves the opportunity for easy shilling money just because the years of hard work in their careers has paid off? Is shilling only allowed for the no talent, no career, no education people from the Bach nation? Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by quietpal Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:22 am

If shilling is shilling is shilling, why is one couple's shilling tacky and not others who have and are still shilling? Is there a standard for that? Is there a universal law of shilling? Was there a college class on shilling 101? I really would like to know. question

quietpal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:12 am

Cocoasneeze wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

JMO.

I wouldn't buy any of the stuff these people are shilling, but Imo the Dr Abs stuff is personable, unique, and relatable to the couple. So corny, Cheesy that it's funny. I bet they're getting big money offers left and right, it'd be stupid to not take the advantage of it while it's so easy. And I'd also like to add, that the success both Rachel and Bryan have had in their professional careers, no doubt hasn't just been handed to them. It's taken long years studying, working hard, and dedicating time, effort, money etc in them. Why should they deny themselves the opportunity for easy shilling money just because the years of hard work in their careers has paid off? Is shilling only allowed for the no talent, no career, no education people from the Bach nation? Jmo

I never said that they shouldn't shill, I am just saying that IMO I was surprised at just how QUICKLY they got down to business. Since they are two established, very well paid professionals in their thirties, I simply thought they would wait more than a hot minute before they started. It wasn't that they did it, it was just how quickly it was done that I found tacky.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by appiah01 Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:38 am

Being in my 30s, I may shill all the more (but I actually never would because it's so not my thing...just like I would NEVER go on the Bachelor/Bachelorette). Mortgage, babies, getting rid of school loans- all of those things become a bit more pressing in your 30s so for them if they are serious about having children in the next few years, it may be a way to get as much money in the bank as possible. Now, I am 100% not a fan of SM marketing. It's cheesy and a bit tacky but I also understand that reality TV is a business and taking advantage of your marketability while you can since it is not going to last is probably smart. But I definitely get your point. They wasted NO time in getting down to work.

appiah01

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:48 am

Sprite wrote:
Cocoasneeze wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

JMO.

I never said that they shouldn't shill, I am just saying that IMO I was surprised at just how QUICKLY they got down to business. Since they are two established, very well paid professionals in their thirties, I simply thought they would wait more than a hot minute before they started. It wasn't that they did it, it was just how quickly it was done that I found tacky.

I don't really see the difference what waiting a week or so would make. I bet the first day shilling they made a load of $$. Imo there isn't a tacky and non tacky way to shill. It's all about making money. I bet Rachel and Bryan want to buy a house soonish where ever they decide to move to. Perhaps the first day of shilling already paid a big chunk of that mortgage. One of them has to quit their job where ever they work now, and start in another state. That's missing one or two months salary, at least. Just because they're doing well in their lives doesn't mean, that they don't need or shouldn't want to make some good $ from this franchise. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:23 am

If it was a Hello Fresh ad, ok whatever, but the merchandise with Dr Abs on it, is hilarious to me. I'm sure many fans purchased them.I would shill in a NY minute! Give me something. laugh out loud

It's like buying a tshirt after a concert. I won't be surprised if we see more of this in the future.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:22 pm

It's actually kind of clever, when you think about it, Dr Abs! So cheesy, so OTT, so Bryan on the show! It's personal and unique. IMO.
I ageee I was surprised he had it posted so quickly but hey, if I don't like it, I don't have to click the link.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:56 pm

sdmom wrote:It's actually kind of clever, when you think about it, Dr Abs! So cheesy, so OTT, so Bryan on the show! It's personal and unique. IMO.
I ageee I was surprised he had it posted so quickly but hey, if I don't like it, I don't have to click the link.
I don't want to come across as an anti-Bryan viewer but but but the Dr. Abs merchandise takes the cake for me. I can understand the Target and the Lord and Taylor, etc. Makes sense to me totally. I get striking while the iron is hot but that merchandise is the dumbest thing I have ever seen, IMO. Apparently, he walked out of ATFR and literally highlighted the link. no no As much as Peter seems to like Peter, I'm sorry that Dr. Abs merchandise spells I LOVE BRYAN loud and clear. JMO

Personally, I hate Dean ruined his chances in BIP. I still believe when all is said and done, he will outscore the whole shebang of this season including the lead on SM and popularity. He may be young but my word, he's adorable with that big ol smile.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by everglow Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:38 pm

They had an interviewer during their media rounds that stumbled over the pronunciation of Bryan's last name. I suspect that happens a fair bit in his day to day life, and I suspect that all these years he's been practicing his regular patients have have been calling him Dr. Abs for short. The merch is hella cheesy and it has an audience IMO.

"so if you love someone, you should let them know / oh the light that you give me will everglow" ✨
everglow
everglow

Female Posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:47 pm

ITA, it's a clever play on his name! Josiah and Will call him Dr Abs as well
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 60 of 66 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

+100
richmondrose
everglow
appiah01
Billysmom
composer53
violetstoo
Seab21
TheWrongReasons
KK4
Nativenewyorker
likeashipblown