SELECT CONTENT

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - #8

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - #8 - Page 58 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - #8

Post by Guest Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:27 am

Kashathediva wrote:
Diana wrote:So sad and hilarious to me how many pachel fans are suddenly going to hate half of their precious couple once the finale airs. I've seen it elsewhere already calling her dumb etc... she was smart enough to see that a guy wasn't into her but do you no no

Or my favorite, now of all of sudden Rachel is lying about being happy because she picked her default choice, so ridiculous to me

all imo

This.
I don't understand it.
So many were so excited for this season. The first WOC. Beautiful. Intelligent. Witty. A season of firsts!
Now that Rachel appears not to pick Peter, I see a change of tide, also. She is receiving a lot of negative etc and I don't understand.
She is the same person she always was. She chose the person she chose for her and not for anyone else.

yep. for me that is very immature. I like you. I like you not.
I read an IG comment saying that she will be very unhappy if rachel does not pick Peter. :thud
Truth is R B and P are no longer human being but dolls without brain and feelings.
if she picks Peter, she is smart and deserves a place next (or under) Peter's pedestal. If she does not pick Peter, she becomes enemy public #1 and is trashed.

plain ridiculous IMO

Back to top Go down

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - #8 - Page 58 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - #8

Post by Aria Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:34 am

SeekAny wrote:One more thing, Rachel had already IMO checked out with the other two at this point. Peter knew that, so I don't get why he gets the hard time, why put yourself out there more when you're pretty certain she wants TOG more anyway.

Because Peter has been checked out from the start, even back when he and Dean thought that Bryan wasn't any serious competition and were predicting he wouldn't come back from his date or Rachel would get bored of him.

I personally don't even really care - I think Brooks probably did the right thing by leaving, but I can understand how it's hard to understand your own feelings in that setting. My issue is with the fans, who are calling Rachel all sorts of horrible names and hoping that Bryan cheats on her because she didn't pick Peter. When it's so crystal clear to me that he didn't even want her! I do not see a man in love or even falling in love when I look at Peter. This is actually the most detached an F2 I've ever seen at this point in the game. It doesn't even feel like he can be comfortable around her, since he even told his friends that she hasn't seen him be goofy. It reminds me a lot of Sean, who said in his book, that watching himself back, he saw how stiff and awkward he was around Emily and it was because he never felt fully comfortable around her. I bet we'll be seeing a different Peter his season. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:59 am

The main issue is IMO that prods do promote the F2 a lot and way way sooner than the F1. They edit him as Prince Charming and of course the fan base start quickly.

Peter started with around 1000 IG followers, he has now over 248K.

Peter was front and center when he came out of the limo, ep2 he had his first 1-1, and many PI and QT with Rachel. He was front and centered since day 1.

I believe that his stiff attitude was loved and misinterpreted for mysterious, gentleman and many fans started to have a hero worship syndrome. He is cute but nobody deserve this kind of adoration when we all seen a couple of hours on our screen altogether. Fantasy has limits IMO. Peter is no hero.

On the other hand, B did not get that advantage to be seen early and to gain the same level of visual. He was seen kissing R passionately ep1 (which for many more conservative audience was OTT... lets remember that the show is on national TV) and was seen OTT at Ellen. Many viewers had preconceived notions about him. We sure do not have much guys like him being genuine and all IMO... No matter what, he was at a screen disadvantage even if B has today 130K followers (although he does not use IG as often so it does not help either)

If ABC pick Peter as next bach, they will make sure that he has the right marks on their bucket list: must kiss, must accept things that will not be to his liking, must lie (interested when not), etc..... is it the same Peter we are talking about? Because for me, it does not look like it is the same guy who say that he won't be forced to say or do something he does not feel (no ILY, no proposal, etc)

JMO

Last edited by HEA on Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:10 am

I just don't understand why Rachel is the ONE Bachelorette in franchise (with exception of Jen S who pick nobody over a decade ago) that people expect needs to settle for the guy who can't get to ILY and wants a girlfriend at the end?!  So every other Ettte got to have her fairytale moment but Rachel should not?! Hmmm...
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:15 am

sfrank wrote:I just don't understand why Rachel is the ONE Bachelorette in franchise (with exception of Jen S who pick nobody over a decade ago) that people expect needs to settle for the guy who can't get to ILY and wants a girlfriend at the end?!  So every other Ettte got to have her fairytale moment but Rachel should not?! Hmmm...

i think the pressure of being the first WOC. It may be considered as a slap on the face if she did not find love. Perception sometimes are just silly. IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:21 am

I had no interest in watching Rachel's season although I still checked into the forum.  I despise all the drama in the first few weeks of any season and was glad I missed all of that!

The last 2 episodes I decided to watch but with the sound off.  First week I only got to see Bryan's date because of weather warnings in the area so I kept an open mind about the guys.  This past week I got to see all of the dates.  Since this is Peter's thread, this is what I saw...

No romantic interest at all in Rachel.  In fact, I thought his expression at the rose ceremony when she called his name was quite interesting. IMO, I saw "aw crap... I'm still here!"

I don't see anything attractive about Peter at all. Definitely not my type.  I'm not into robots which is how he appears to me.

FWIW, I don't really find any of the F4 that attractive.

Again, this is all IMHO and not because of anything I have read here. I just don't see a love story between Peter and Rachel at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:30 am

HEA wrote:
sfrank wrote:I just don't understand why Rachel is the ONE Bachelorette in franchise (with exception of Jen S who pick nobody over a decade ago) that people expect needs to settle for the guy who can't get to ILY and wants a girlfriend at the end?!  So every other Ettte got to have her fairytale moment but Rachel should not?! Hmmm...

i think the pressure of being the first WOC. It may be considered as a slap on the face if she did not find love. Perception sometimes are just silly. IMO

That's my point HEA...they would only ask WOC to do that. Why the heck should she?!
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Carine Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:35 am

Kashathediva wrote:
Diana wrote:So sad and hilarious to me how many pachel fans are suddenly going to hate half of their precious couple once the finale airs. I've seen it elsewhere already calling her dumb etc... she was smart enough to see that a guy wasn't into her but do you no no

Or my favorite, now of all of sudden Rachel is lying about being happy because she picked her default choice, so ridiculous to me

all imo

This.
I don't understand it.
So many were so excited for this season. The first WOC. Beautiful. Intelligent. Witty. A season of firsts!
Now that Rachel appears not to pick Peter, I see a change of tide, also. She is receiving a lot of negative etc and I don't understand.
She is the same person she always was. She chose the person she chose for her and not for anyone else.

From some of the comments about Rachel I think it is obvious there were more Peter fans..

Carine

Back to top Go down

Post by Carine Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:38 am

mindless wrote:I think Peter does like Rachel a lot, but it's not the kind of love at first sight, "I must be with his person at all cost" infatuation. More like your friends set you up on a blind date with someone they think is perfect for you and you agree that they seem perfect on paper and think they're easy on the eye, so you wish to see where things go. But at the same time you're scared of commitment because you know how many people are invested and involved in the relationship, so you feel the need to be doubly sure your feelings are real instead of a product of everyone telling you how you should feel. In the end it's probably just your gut telling you it's not quite right, but it's hard to come to that conclusion with all the expectations. I don't know if things would've been any different for Peter and Rachel in real life, but he's so in his head on the show, I don't think he's able to just let go and be himself. I thought it was telling when Peter's friends told Rachel she must've noticed by now he's kind of goofy and Rachel was like "not really". He clearly can't relax in this situation, so it's impossible for them to truly connect. JMOAA.

I do find it fascinating how differently people see the same things, like that sneak peek of Rachel and Peter shopping for baby clothes. I read so many comments about how Peter looks so uninterested, while I thought he just looked super nervous and in his head because of it. I totally saw myself in him there. I get really nervous about meeting new people, especially important people, and when I'm nervous the only thing I can focus on is the thing making me nervous. My boyfriend will be chatting about something else trying to get me to relax, and I barely hear what he's saying and simply feel irritated that he's trying to distract me from the important task at hand. laugh out loud When I first met the parents, I think I spoke like two words on the way there. I can't help it, it's just how I'm wired. What I saw in that clip was Peter trying hard to be present in the situation while all he could really think about was what's happening later. I feel for him, because this is the guy whose hands were shaking while meeting Rachel. He must've been absolutely crapping himself at the thought of meeting her family, especially when it's such an unnatural situation and he's expected to ask for their blessing when he's not even in love yet. Poor guy. JMO.

This..

Carine

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:42 am

I think it's two things:

1) People have already decided that Bryan is the scum of the earth who will cheat on her and dump her for a hot model, so they don't want her to be with him even though he treats her like a queen on the show

2) They're projecting their fantasies and desires about Peter and want to live vicariously through Rachel. To them, he's such a mega-catch (since hot personal trainers are so rare) that a woman should be grateful for any attention that the magnificent Peter pays her and Rachel is just being difficult by asking for things like commitment and affection.

I've said before that I can understand why people don't trust Bryan, but I will never understand why a true Rachel fan would want her to be with someone like Peter, who makes her beg for attention, and makes her feel like she's not worthy of him. If you don't want to root for Bryan, root for Eric or Matt or Anthony. And, yet, almost no one does. That's why I think it's all about Peter for them, not Rachel and her happiness. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:51 am

I don't think most Peter fans see it as settling though. They're still convinced there was some grand love story between Rachel and Peter and her lust for Bryan just got in the way. I personally think it's delusional, but what can you do? People see what they want to see. IMO Rachel is clearly more invested in Bryan at this point and it's not like Peter is desperately in love with her or even close it, so nothing was lost by her choosing Bryan. There have been times when I thought the lead chose wrong, but that's when I felt like they picked their second choice or the F2 was more genuine and loved them more. Neither is the case here. Rachel picked her first choice and Peter was nowhere near ready to commit. All that was lost was perhaps some "potential" that could've been there if Bryan wasn't in the picture and Peter wasn't so in his head, and if this and if that. AKA nothing. That's the thing about fandoms though, people get way too invested and IMO often lose sight of reality. They are convinced Bryan is fake and will dump her in no time while Peter would've loved her forever and ever. I don't think it's any more complicated than that. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:55 am

I don't get the fascination with Peter.

To me while he has a beautiful body and a sexy voice there is nothing much more unique in him. so I really don't get why the sm masses see him as Gods gift. He really is not a imo.
To me he looks old and to me he is uninteresting as a conversationalist and his delivery is boring.
His profession is not special for this show either. It seems like  Every season we have a crop of personal trainers on there. NBD imo.
We also have models almost every season, nothing unique about that either.

Same old. Same old. Plus he looks old ( did I mention that laugh out loud) imo of course.

And this has nothing to do  with if he was picked as f1 or not. I'm just trying to understand why he's deemed as so infallible and perfect for so many. I guess that's s is ne of the great mysteries of this show. And yep there have been many for me.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - #8

+97
Sheokaf
Buckeye_Fan
whit90
Boshem
BlackHalo