SELECT CONTENT

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Page 31 of 50 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 40 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4 - Page 31 Empty Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Post by officeRules Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:26 am

Kashathediva wrote:
likeashipblown wrote:
Aria wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen a contestant stereotyped based on age, ethnicity, and city of origin as much as Bryan has been. Especially when the evidence doesn't really seem to support it, considering he was in a 4-year-relationship and no one has gone to RS and tabloids about the sordid past of the spoiled winner. IMO.
'

IMO? Umm, yes. All of this. So much this. And sadly, it's been a reminder that good people, who would never consider themselves racist, ageist, elitist, people who stereotype, and all else.. don't grasp just how deep systemic and/or inherent racism, ageism, stereotypes, and prejudice really are embedded and entrenched in how they form their perceptions and then what leaves their mouths/keyboards. Because... Oh, dear. I don't think 98% of peeps even realize it when they do it, so I'm not throwing shade AT ALL. But, it is a thing this season. That's a sensitive topic, though, so I'll stop there.

I love that she very seriously glows when she even hears Bryan's name. She's doing a terrible job, imo, of concealing who her F1 is. She's radiating happiness and it makes me so happy for her.

:claphands :claphands :claphands

This is interesting, thank you for posting it.

I have seen contestants in the past who were judged based on where they lived, ethnicity, religion etc... I think that the moment you sign up for one of these shows it is bound to happen.  The opinions specifically about Bryan have been about the same as the usual... (IMO).  When you go on a reality tv show people will share their opinions.  It happens.  In this case, I don't think you can say that the negative vibes are directly because of rasicm.

He may have had a 4 year relationship, but we do have small pieces of evidence to support the 'player' vibe that some feel about him.  His own mother said that he has brought many women home.  I agree that prejudice is everywhere, and language/ culture is a topic that I have always been interested in.  In some cases, people just don't like Bryan and that's okay.  In my own case, I do just get that 'shifty' vibe from him.  I recognize that I do not know him personally and my opinion might change over time.  This vibe is not created by stereotype for me.  It is just a combination of things that I have seen.  Rasicm is a sensitive topic, I agree.  It is probably not accurate to say that people are cautious about an F1 just because he is from a unique culture.  Anyways, my own husband is Colombian so I enjoyed watching Bryan's HTD.  It felt like home.

giggling
There's my 5 cents on the topic.
officeRules
officeRules

Female Posts : 992

Back to top Go down

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4 - Page 31 Empty Re: Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

Post by Nibbles22 Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:35 am

I personally don't understand the hate.  Imo, Bryan is one of the best men this show has ever had.  I totally adore him, and
everything about him!!  Smiley
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Post by officeRules Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:40 am

I don't hate him.
Just not my cup of tea... I am sure the proposal will be gorgeous. That final rose ceremony site looks amazing! They did a great job with location.

yes
officeRules
officeRules

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:43 am

Maybe his background and Miami vibe don't help but dude came in straight out of the limo talking in PUA lines and using moves directly from the book called The Game. He did himself no favors imo to be taken seriously. If he is serious and this is all for real, rachel is a very lucky girl.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by justcallmegranny Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:43 am

My niece ( I helped raise her, so she is more like a daughter) is married to a Colombian. He is nothing like Bryan, AT ALL. He is not into PDA, doesn't say much about her. Does he love her? Absolutely, without a doubt! To say Bryan is this way or that way because he is Colombian is nuts! He is like every other kind of people in the world. Some are outspoken, extroverted and very affectionate and others just aren't--regardless of what culture they come from. JMO.

justcallmegranny

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:47 am

I think there are several red flags about Bryan that have nothing to do with his ethnicity or where he's from. However, there were red flags about Jordan too and he seems to be doing just fine keeping his fiancée happy. You never really know how these people will turn out until after the season. I wish Rachel and Bryan the best, because I really do want Rachel to have that love and family she's always dreamed of. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:51 am

mindless wrote:I think there are several red flags about Bryan that have nothing to do with his ethnicity or where he's from. However, there were red flags about Jordan too and he seems to be doing just fine keeping his fiancée happy. You never really know how these people will turn out until after the season. I wish Rachel and Bryan the best, because I really do want Rachel to have that love and family she's always dreamed of. JMO.
I'll actually give him a better chance than Jordan almost in terms of flavor of baddies. I think Baddy 1.0 was a straight up d!ckhead with previous women because he could be and why not. Worst I can say for Bryan is it seems he falls in love with everyone and loves them all equally and flagrantly until it flames out 5 mins later. But baddy 1.0 seems to be on the straight and narrow to me now because he fell in love and hopefully Bryan's love for rachel will keep him in love too.

Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by officeRules Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:00 am

justcallmegranny wrote:My niece ( I helped raise her, so she is more like a daughter) is married to a Colombian.  He is nothing like Bryan, AT ALL.  He is not into PDA, doesn't say much about her.  Does he love her?  Absolutely, without a doubt!  To say Bryan is this way or that way because he is Colombian is nuts!  He is like every other kind of people in the world.  Some are outspoken, extroverted and very affectionate and others just aren't--regardless of what culture they come from.  JMO.

I agree. Smiley
officeRules
officeRules

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:21 am

I understand why people are skeptical of Bryan - I do prefer Bryan when he drops the "smooth, charming" act, complete with the cheesy lines, and is just himself. Like my favorite moments of him have been where he is just joking around with Rachel, like the end credits last episode or his comments about how his Swatch watch or having Rachel repeat that line about liking Bryan the most. I just personally don't believe the "player/cheater" vibes people get from him, because I don't really think there's any evidence of that yet. His ex of 4 years was age-appropriate, still follows him, and has pics of him on her FB. That model fling had kind things to say about and even that random old girlfriend from college seemed to have no bitterness about him. By this time, we had heard so much about guys like Jordan, Ed, Jef, Grant, and Arie and yet RS is saying he's heard nothing. And he's alluded to hearing lots about both Peter and Dean. I get the vibe that he just loves love and that cheesy, hyper-focused, and madly in love in 30 seconds flat is just who he is. I worry more about his possible inability to stand up to his mother or him getting caught up in the fame more than I worry about him cheating on Rachel or becoming bored with her and dumping her for a hot model. IMO.

Also...I heard some Roberto comparisons somewhere in this thread. Interestingly, IIRC, Ali had said on Ashely's MTA (when they were discussing Bentley) that she had the same concerns about Roberto in the beginning, that he was too smooth and charming and perfect. So, I do think there is a cultural element to it. Roberto was just so lovable because he was soft-spoken and always a perfect gentleman, whereas Bryan comes off as more cocky, at times, and puts his foot in his mouth, but they had similar approaches at times (like Roberto saying to look at his eyes when she needs to feel strong). IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:29 pm

@Nibbles22 ITA and really like your post.

Bryan is a unicorn for me on this show. He joins some other stellar guys in that regard of course but is up there with my top favs.
If he and Rachel make it long term good for them.

If not, I will still appreciate him as a one of the best contestants and will not consider his open admiration and pursuing of the lead as the downfall of their relationship.
JMO.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by composer53 Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:01 pm

I've rewatched all of the episodes except the last one. The first time I was watching thru the eyes of the first spoiler. Last night I heard her say about Bryan in Episode 1, just about everything she has said about her F1 post taping. I an now invested in Bryan being the last one standing. I watched him start as he probably has with other girls, all smooth lines and I've watched him fall in love with her. He looks at her like Ryan looked at Trista and he doesn't give anything awaway at unless they're together. Like I said, I'll be very, very disappointed if he is not F1.
composer53
composer53

Female Posts : 424

http://www.artisticadvocatesforhealing.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:08 pm

@composer53, I think you're safe!! IMO rachel is really, really invested in Bryan being her f1 and can't imagine a world where he's not either Smiley

~ Sex and the City

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 50 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 40 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Dr. Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #4

+82
luv2laugh
twinkle73
whit90
Maddy
gurlbrit