SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 57 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 68 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 57 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Just Looking Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:41 pm

ssin0547 wrote:If Sharlene is correct and Elise is seen as a front runner, well there must be A LOT of stuff that we are not being shown between them. But if she hasn't had an SD or SQT how could she be considered a front runner?
I think we'll know when he kisses Elise. So far, he hasn't kissed anyone else the way he kisses Laura.

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 57 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Billysmom Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:48 pm

Welcome, schnitty!!! Great post, I agree that Laura is protecting herself. She was so cute when she was talking about all the women, and raising her hand, "pick me, pick me".... Jmo
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by BabyGotBach Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:52 pm

Just Looking wrote:
ssin0547 wrote:If Sharlene is correct and Elise is seen as a front runner, well there must be A LOT of stuff that we are not being shown between them. But if she hasn't had an SD or SQT how could she be considered a front runner?
I think we'll know when he kisses Elise.  So far, he hasn't kissed anyone else the way he kisses Laura.  

I feel the same. There will have to be a big change in Matty's BL towards Laura if he falls for Elise. I really love watching Laura and Matty together, they seem very similar, flirty and great kissers whipped . The conversation between them flowed in that little SQT Matty had with Laura. In-comparison I found Eloras whole date boring. I guess time will tell. All JMO
BabyGotBach
BabyGotBach

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:53 pm

ssin0547 wrote:Just a thought I had after reading your comment AAL. I think there's a big possibility that this season, they're giving us the straight up Matty/Laura love story because they don't want to pee us off like they did with Richie's season. I don't think they want to pee us off because I think they're banking heavily on Sophie's season to really bring it home ratings wise. I just got that feeling after Sophie's promo and while trying to figure out what they're doing this season.
@ssin0547 posting my reply in this thread.

I think both seasons they gave the obvious F1. I mean, Alex/F1 couldn't be more obvious considering she is the only one who ever got WR/FIR and ended up F1.  I think it was more that audiences (myself) connected more with Nikki as a contestant/person as she was more vulnerable, relateable, and just someone to cheer for in opposition of the obviousness of Alex which was OTT.

In that aspect I don't see this season any different really since Laura also has been the obvious one. The difference IMO is that Laura's obviousness is seen as F1 and thus translates to being the love story because she's the only one showcased as a frontrunner/F1 really so far and the speculated F2 (Elise) is MIA because she hasn't even had a SD! If Nikki never had a SD until later I'd imagine that Richie's season would have felt much the same - Alex frontrunner and waiting for Nikki's date to eventually happen.

This season, it's not so much that I see a love story (I actually don't see one at all yet) but rather just a very obvious F1 story. And it's not just me that sees a obvious F1 story but not a love story going by FB many comments on the official Bach AU page. Even the top comments related to Laura from these recent episodes indicate that viewers are seeing a F1 story but not a love story and comments saying they see "something a bit off" with Laura and even those that do are complaining how "boring" Laura and the love story is.

So imo it's still not a love story like past seasons where audiences are majority invested in obvious frontrunner, even if it's an obvious story.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarAndSpice Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:53 pm

Schnitty4lyf wrote:Hi, first time poster here but I've been lurking for a while so I thought I'd jump right into the conversation!

So interesting how we all see things so differently! I for one actually think Laura is superrrr into Matty, and I actually really like her. I think this is because I think our sense of humour is quite similar (self deprecating, perhaps mildly abrasive at times), and I see the way she is acting with Matty as similar to how I have acted in past flirtations/relationships - she nervous talks/babbles a lot but doesn't want to completely let down her guard and be really open/girly with him yet, probably out of fear of rejection. I see more of a facade of confidence, rather than outright arrogance. If this is the case then obviously it will tie in with her storyboard on the F7 group date, and we could see her relax/open up more in the later stages of the competition. All JMO

Definitely not anti Elise but honestly have not seen enough of her to truly get behind her, at this stage!

Quite obvious that Matty is head over heels for Laura IMO...I picked up on some interesting parallels between this season and GL's Bachelorette series, which I will leave here...

“You have incredible features, by the way” (Matty to Laura)/ “You are stunning, by the way” (Matty to GL)
“You’ve been on my mind a lot” (Matty to Laura)/”You’re always on my mind” (Matty to GL)
“I wanted to kiss Laura from the very first moment I saw her today” (Matty, about Laura)/ “I’ve been waiting all day for this moment” (GL, about kissing Lee)
“This has been the easiest first date I’ve been on” (Matty, to Laura)/ “I feel so at ease with him” (GL, about Lee)

Are they pushing a Laura is Matty's Lee story, rather than a Laura is GL 2.0 perhaps? IMO this could be an equally satisfying conclusion to the GL/Matty story...rather than picking a dark horse because he was in that position, he finally lets go of GL and gets closure by acknowledging that that first spark/initial attraction is important, and that GL was meant to be with Lee as he is meant to be with... (Laura, maybe)? Just a thought...

We all do love a good dark horse story, but Elise really needed to have been introduced earlier for the general public to back her I think. Even last year, Matty had SQT in Ep 3, played his Getting to Know Matty J game in Ep 4 (I think) and got the croquet date in Ep 6! So he was on the radar (or at least my radar, haha) pretty early on!

Welcomeparty! @Schnitty4lyf great first post! It's like you're reading my mind! ITA with everything in your post, especially that in bold. I can totally relate. It does seem like Laura is hiding behind a facade of confidence. We all know that she is going to "break" at some point because of the SC of her crying at the cocktail party. It will be interesting to see that unfold
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by BabyGotBach Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:58 pm

Schnitty4lyf wrote:Hi, first time poster here but I've been lurking for a while so I thought I'd jump right into the conversation!

So interesting how we all see things so differently! I for one actually think Laura is superrrr into Matty, and I actually really like her. I think this is because I think our sense of humour is quite similar (self deprecating, perhaps mildly abrasive at times), and I see the way she is acting with Matty as similar to how I have acted in past flirtations/relationships - she nervous talks/babbles a lot but doesn't want to completely let down her guard and be really open/girly with him yet, probably out of fear of rejection. I see more of a facade of confidence, rather than outright arrogance. If this is the case then obviously it will tie in with her storyboard on the F7 group date, and we could see her relax/open up more in the later stages of the competition. All JMO

Definitely not anti Elise but honestly have not seen enough of her to truly get behind her, at this stage!

Quite obvious that Matty is head over heels for Laura IMO...I picked up on some interesting parallels between this season and GL's Bachelorette series, which I will leave here...

“You have incredible features, by the way” (Matty to Laura)/ “You are stunning, by the way” (Matty to GL)
“You’ve been on my mind a lot” (Matty to Laura)/”You’re always on my mind” (Matty to GL)
“I wanted to kiss Laura from the very first moment I saw her today” (Matty, about Laura)/ “I’ve been waiting all day for this moment” (GL, about kissing Lee)
“This has been the easiest first date I’ve been on” (Matty, to Laura)/ “I feel so at ease with him” (GL, about Lee)

Are they pushing a Laura is Matty's Lee story, rather than a Laura is GL 2.0 perhaps? IMO this could be an equally satisfying conclusion to the GL/Matty story...rather than picking a dark horse because he was in that position, he finally lets go of GL and gets closure by acknowledging that that first spark/initial attraction is important, and that GL was meant to be with Lee as he is meant to be with... (Laura, maybe)? Just a thought...

We all do love a good dark horse story, but Elise really needed to have been introduced earlier for the general public to back her I think. Even last year, Matty had SQT in Ep 3, played his Getting to Know Matty J game in Ep 4 (I think) and got the croquet date in Ep 6! So he was on the radar (or at least my radar, haha) pretty early on!

Good Post I agree score oh and welcomesign to me its a beautiful obvious Laura and Matty love story :fingersarecrossed
BabyGotBach
BabyGotBach

Back to top Go down

Post by mjoy Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:28 pm

Thank you for posting this!  I'm completely on the same page as you!

I also want to point out that there is a lot of love and support for Laura based on comments on her SM and the official TB SM.  I do see the negative comments in the latest FB post but overall, the positive is still outweighing the negative *IMO*.  I don't think we'll be looking at a Alex or Lee reaction from the public if Laura is F1 based on SM comments at this stage.
mjoy
mjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Schnitty4lyf Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:30 pm

SugarAndSpice wrote:

Welcomeparty! @Schnitty4lyf great first post! It's like you're reading my mind! ITA with everything in your post, especially that in bold. I can totally relate. It does seem like Laura is hiding behind a facade of confidence. We all know that she is going to "break" at some point because of the SC of her crying at the cocktail party. It will be interesting to see that unfold

@SugarAndSpice @BabyGotBach @Billysmom @mjoy Cheers for the welcome! Hugesmile

Very interested to see Laura's breaking point! Looking like it could be Ep 10/11 (based on the fact that Jen is there) - could it be that Elise comes back from her date having had an amazing time/gushing and Laura realises that Matty could be falling for Elise? Can't wait til next week!
Schnitty4lyf
Schnitty4lyf

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:40 pm

Schnitty4lyf wrote:
SugarAndSpice wrote:

@SugarAndSpice @BabyGotBach @Billysmom @mjoy Cheers for the welcome! Hugesmile

Very interested to see Laura's breaking point! Looking like it could be Ep 10/11 (based on the fact that Jen is there) - could it be that Elise comes back from her date having had an amazing time/gushing and Laura realises that Matty could be falling for Elise? Can't wait til next week!

Welcome1 That's a good point? Also it looks like all the girls get 2nd single dates but Laura doesn't???????that would make me break as well Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 57 4256136633
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:00 am

Welcomeparty! @Schnitty4lyf and great post! Enjoying read the different perspectives makes it more fun yes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:11 am

welcomebanner @Schnitty4lyf....thanks for posting and hope you continue to do so yes

I was one of the folks that wasn't convinced that Laura is as into Matty as he is into her as of this stage. And I based this on the obstacle that the producers allowed us to see BTS during the F7 boxing date where Laura said she is afraid of having her heart broken.

So my question is do you believe Laura is all in now and her obstacle that we are going to be introduced to in the next 2 weeks is just producer induced or do you think Laura is still waiting to let go completely with Matty and the pending obstacle is legit.

Also curious do you think Elise has any chance at all especially starting so late even much later than Matty did when he was a dark horse on Georgia's season. I think most folks don't believe she has a shot at being the F1 IMO. Elise has been been pretty much non existent to the general viewing audience and yet the producers plan to overload us on both Epsiodes next week from what we have sleuthed.

Thanks in advance for your perspectives.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulou Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:16 am

I'm also curious to see matty and Elise date. I have been wondering if Matty has left Elise 1-1 until late as wants to take someone who has not developed their feelings to F2 as knows how hard the rejection is if invested. Just a theory and probably wrong. Have to agree he only kisses Laura 100%.

Loulou

Female Posts : 966

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 57 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 68 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+41
lightredemption
Zaynab
Skeppy
Emayem
Loulou
Schnitty4lyf
BlueJeans
dolcimumma
Miyala
Enough
Sundy