Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Page 6 of 61 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 33 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Post by lleyki on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:06 pm

I still can't get over the reaction to his (IMO) incredibly transparent IG post. Women are so easy sometimes, IMO.

laugh out loud, seriously.

lleyki

Posts : 1482
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Post by ReneeM on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Considering this franchise gets talked about by some of the most random famous celebrities, is having Jimmy Kimmel (who does freaking segments about the show every season for crying out loud) and John Oliver mentioning Peter really such a win? 
It's one of 3 outcomes when you go on this show. You're either loved, hated, or irrelevant. Personally, my preference would be the first one. Maybe I'm just not cool but having people I'm a fan of gas me up would make me hyped. I love Kimmel (the superior jimmy imo) & John Oliver so if either one (much less both) was to get on their shows and sing my praises I'm messaging everyone I know and no one could say sh*t to me for a good little while. In the grand scheme of things like hurricanes/poverty/world peace is it a big deal? Nope. But it's just a cool thing to have happen to you IMO.
avatar
ReneeM

Posts : 4114
Join date : 2014-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Post by lleyki on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Considering this franchise gets talked about by some of the most random famous celebrities, is having Jimmy Kimmel (who does freaking segments about the show every season for crying out loud) and John Oliver mentioning Peter really such a win? 
It's one of 3 outcomes when you go on this show. You're either loved, hated, or irrelevant. Personally, my preference would be the first one. Maybe I'm just not cool but having people I'm a fan of gas me up would make me hyped. I love Kimmel (the superior jimmy imo) & John Oliver so if either one (much less both) was to get on their shows and sing my praises I'm messaging everyone I know and no one could say sh*t to me for a good little while. In the grand scheme of things like hurricanes/poverty/world peace is it a big deal? Nope. But it's just a cool thing to have happen to you IMO.

Yes, I got all that. However, as I noted, in recent years, we've seen many really famous people talk about this franchise and the people on it. It's one more reason some of them do delusionally think they're more famous than they are. So I was just a bit surprised to see such a reaction about those two men liking Peter and mentioning him, especially Kimmel because Kimmel, as an ABC employee is always talking about these shows. Nick was at Oscar winner Brie Larson's house watching an episode of his season since she apparently has Bachelor/Bachelorette viewing parties. And then she was on Kimmel gushing about creepily stalking him at her own home.

lleyki

Posts : 1482
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Post by Kashathediva on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Considering this franchise gets talked about some of the most random famous celebrities, is having Jimmy Kimmel (who does freaking segments on the show every season for crying out loud and John Oliver mentioning Peter really such a win? I mean, I guess...

And yes, he'll stay pristine in the eyes of many because this franchise is predominantly viewed by women and he has some decent, passable good looks and plays the "sensitive, tortured" soul to the tee. Which convinces many that he's just a deeply complicated and complex man who just needs the perfect and right woman to be happy. Honestly, at this point, I just find the whole thing amusing and well, predictable.

Yeah, Kaitlyn had Amy Schumer, An^ na Kendrick, Sean Penn, and probably more that I can't remember messaging her and gushing over her. Nick is friends with Elijah Wood. Ali is best friends with Kaley Cuoco. Ben F dated JLH. Charlize Theron said Rachel is too good for any of the guys on her season. Having a 5-second segment with your name mentioned doesn't seem that big of a deal in comparison? 

And, I'm not surprised that viewers will continue to treat him like this perfect specimen of a man. Women love to make excuses for the male contestants no matter what kind of ish they pull (look at Dean's fan following), but will treat the female like human garbage for daring to have flaws or challenge the men in any way (look at Rachel). And a guy like Peter who is the stuff of romantic novels, because like you said, the idea of a deeply complicated and complex who just needs the perfect and right woman to be happy feeds into women's projections about what romance is like. I still can't get over the reaction to his (IMO) incredibly transparent IG post. Women are so easy sometimes, IMO.

This ^.
I have found him tedious for a long time. I don't understand the cult following. The gap teeth is kind of cute. The bad orthodontia IMO not so much. IMO. Anything else is TB requirements and nothing special physically.
For his sake, I hope he fades into the sunset soon and goes back to enjoying his gym, training sessions etc and finds someone and it takes less time that it took some of his predecessors. I don't think TPTB have anything serious for him in the future, but round 2 of let me mess you up again. JMO


My doctor asked me: "Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness?" My answer:"No they all enjoy it immensely."

" Let's all take a moment and put our petty Team This and Team That aside and remember when all is said and done we should be Team BBF first.   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Life really is too short. This is a show. " - Kasha 
 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RIP my little one. I will miss you. 
avatar
Kashathediva
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 31925
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Post by quietpal on Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:01 pm

And that's why some of what I read comes across as if he's a special human being when most of the stuff he's gone through with this show, others before him have gone through and others after him will go through. I guarantee he won't be the last contestant celebs talk about cause some of them watch this farce of a show. He's a regular guy with a regular life who has a bigger following than he did before he signed up for this show, probably bigger than even he could imagine IMO.
And I would say this about any contestant who comes on this show whether I prefer them or not.

quietpal

Posts : 1220
Join date : 2013-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Respectfully disagree about encouraging his fan to hate someone else. 1. I assume majority of his fans dislike B so no need to encourage. 2. Everyone on earth is responsible for their feeling, if someone hates B because Peter liking some sm comment, I blame that person not Peter. 3. I see every contestants are given pass for showing how they feel while not hold accountable for spreading hates, so I don't think Peter should be held to another standard.

And I still think, at least 80% of the contestants fit those description - petty, hypocrite, immature. Imo, even the leading lady acts that way, so I don't blame just one contestants for that.


Last edited by peggy0221 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Post by Chgohighlife on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:17 pm

peggy0221 wrote:Respectfully disagree about encouraging his fan to hate someone else. 1. I assume majority of his fans dislike B so no need to encourage. 2. Everyone on earth is responsible for their feeling, if someone hates B because Peter liking some sm comment, I blame that person not Peter. 3. I see every contestants are giving pass for showing how they feel while not hold accountable for spread hates, so I don't think Peter should be hold to another standard.

And I still think, at least 80% of the contestants fit those description - petty, hypocrite, immature. Imo, even the leading lady acts that way, so I don't blame just one contestants for that.


It's the mean girl pettiness that gets everyone laughing at and/or, turned off to Peter, IMO. It's just so rarely seen in adults, especially men IMO and in my experience.
Here he is: These guys are my friends for life, I don't like Bryan so, they don't like him either because he's not the kind of guy "we" like and I liked Rachel so, I didn't see how she liked him when I didn't. UGH, seriously?? This is a 31 year old man?*EDIT*


Last edited by Kashathediva on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Staying on topic)

Chgohighlife

Posts : 845
Join date : 2017-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:00 pm

*EDIT*

And YES, he has his faults and he's not attractive to ME either. So am I and so are 80% of the casts, imo, and I still don't think there is anything major about Peter that tells me he's the worst ever on this show that worth months of discussion.
*edit*


Last edited by Kashathediva on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 1)on topic to Peter 2) because it can be discussed)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Post by GuardianAngel on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:14 pm

For the record, I don't give anyone a pass for showing how they feel on SM. I personally think it's rude and ill-mannered. Pick up the phone and tell them or ignore them. There's no point in playing SM games for all your followers to see, other than trying to make yourself look superior.

It maybe on the person who dislikes A B or C but when you have a large following, sometimes it doesn't matter what they do, right or wrong they will be praised or their behaviour will be justified to suit them, from what I've seen IMHO. So I don't necessarily think it's on "them".





___________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] RIP Sophie Little Girl  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  
avatar
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 47997
Join date : 2011-04-04

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:18 pm

its just liking a comment. A simple tap on someones iphone. I like a bunch of comments that are opinionated on instagram that doesn't mean i mean anything real of it except agreement. I dont even think he realizes the extent it has on forums and stuff. JMO

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:41 pm

laugh out loud okay let's only talk about Peter and let me really dissect him laugh out loud
These are the image of Peter I get from reading comments about him so far:

1. Petty - liking negative comments about someone else
2. Immature - liking negative comments about someone else
3. Manipulative - always about himself and seems to encourage his followers to hate someone else through sm likes
4. Rude - liking negative comments about someone else
5. Hypocrite - talks about being kind while seems to spreading hate through sm likes

Nothing major, imo, it's mainly his sm behaviour.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Post by Kashathediva on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:51 pm

teamkristina wrote:its just liking a comment. A simple tap on someones iphone. I like a bunch of comments that are opinionated on instagram that doesn't mean i mean anything real of it except agreement. I dont even think he realizes the extent it has on forums and stuff.
JMO

I disagree. I think anyone with a substantial following realizes they have an influence and does realize they are being watched for what they like and follow and the opposite of each. A prime example is following pages of discussion on the forum to see that this is true on any cast person. Off hand, I can list probably half a dozen cast currently discussed on this forum this would apply.  I believe cast, especially those that are interested in increasing business and influencers, are predominately aware of this trend.


My doctor asked me: "Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness?" My answer:"No they all enjoy it immensely."

" Let's all take a moment and put our petty Team This and Team That aside and remember when all is said and done we should be Team BBF first.   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Life really is too short. This is a show. " - Kasha 
 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RIP my little one. I will miss you. 
avatar
Kashathediva
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 31925
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 61 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 33 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum