SELECT CONTENT

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Page 8 of 67 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Post by Lievta Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Rolly wrote:I didn't find Peter to be rude, manipulative or immature. Everyone has a right to voice their opinion but I read this thread and find described a guy I don't recognize. What he does on SM isn't a big deal IMO. I don't go through his likes with a fine toothed comb but I've seen enough. I see "likes" differently apparently.

I see Jimmy Kimmel and John Oliver saying nice things about Peter and I say yeah!!! They see the guy I see. Would I "like" it on SM if someone said those things about me, probably. I don't think Peter is a special snowflake I don't think he's perfect. I wish he would take a break on SM bc I think more is being read into his actions than he intends.

I'm with you, Rolly, on this. I found Peter to be quite level-headed during the season. I don't follow anyone on social media except on FB (I don't have the interest or the time to keep checking my phone to see what people are doing or saying at all times of the day or night - even family and friends who are on IG. etc.), so I can't speak to any statements, reactions or opinions that have come from Peter's accounts. During Rachel's season, I didn't find Peter to be any more manipulative than contestants from the past who have had strong feelings for the lead, yet weren't sure if a permanent relationship would work outside of the Bach bubble. Unfortunately, Rachel was honest about her goal to be engaged and Peter was honest about wanting to if what they had together could work as well irl, imho.

As for the props the contestants/leads get from celebrities, that doesn't bother me either. Personally, when I have a particular favorite on this show, I like hearing positive things about that contestant and prefer to avoid reading posts/blogs/articles, etc. about my fav that are - shall I say - not as favorable as my opinions are.

To each his own; there are as many opinions here as there are posters.

For a moment each seemed unreal to the other — then the slow warm hum of love began.
Lievta
Lievta

Back to top Go down

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

Post by zoe06 Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Peter did an interview with Laura Zima today, he is most likley going to be the bachelor next year IMO:

http://www.etonline.com/exclusive-peter-kraus-reveals-why-fear-stopped-him-being-bachelor-and-what-future-holds-87076

and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but it doesn't sound like he was ever in love with Rachel IMO according to this interiew, disappointed because I thought he actually was.

Last edited by zoe06 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

zoe06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:39 pm

zoe06 wrote:Peter did an interview with Laura Zima today, he is most likley going to be the bachelor next year:

http://www.etonline.com/exclusive-peter-kraus-reveals-why-fear-stopped-him-being-bachelor-and-what-future-holds-87076

and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but it doesn't sound like he was ever in love with Rachel IMO according to this interiew, disappointed because I thought he actually was.

Arie thought the same thing 5 years ago. We will see how this plays out and who comes from next seasons crop of options.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:43 pm

zoe06 wrote:Peter did an interview with Laura Zima today, he is most likley going to be the bachelor next year IMO:

What made you think he was never in love with Rachel?
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:46 pm

zoe06 wrote:Peter did an interview with Laura Zima today, he is most likley going to be the bachelor next year IMO:

and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but it doesn't sound like he was ever in love with Rachel IMO according to this interview, disappointed because I thought he actually was.

really? that's not what I gathered at all. It's clear Rachel moved on why would he still be harping over her. It honestly sounds like he read the book 'the subtle art of not giving a f*ck'.

All the best to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:51 pm

zoe06 wrote:

So he didn't turn down anything, even though he liked the post that said maybe he turned it down.

This is his whole issue. IMO it's a serious issue with him. It's all the negative comments that made him pass, which were minimal compared to the number of fans he has. In one paragraph it was the what people were saying and in another he wasn't ready for it. Which is it? He needs to stick to modelling so the camera crew can fawn over him like they do during shoots.

Fear came from other people's opinions, which I don't know if I should guide my life on that, but I do take what people say very personally," he explained. "I'm constantly reading how awful I am for even considering being the Bachelor, so I let fear kind of guide me. I was afraid of what people would say. I was afraid of what people would think, and I was afraid of not being able to live up to the amazing standards that are the lead of that position."

"I was still far too emotional to invest in myself into the next opportunity. A lot of people say that I was very boring and cold on the show. No, I'm actually a very lighthearted, fun person... but when faced with these huge decisions that are based on the rest of your life, I take them very seriously," he added.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:
zoe06 wrote:Peter did an interview with Laura Zima today, he is most likley going to be the bachelor next year:

Arie thought the same thing 5 years ago.  We will see how this plays out and who comes from next seasons crop of options.

Yeah, nowhere did I come away from reading that article thinking Peter was coming away with a contract for a future gig.
"If the offer were to come up in the future, I could see myself doing it. It seems like an amazing opportunity," Kraus shared. "At this stage in my life, I'm single, I'm happy, business is good, family is good. I'm ready for the next step again, and if that's what route it took, I'd be OK with that."
"Within the next year, I don't think it would be hard to take time off. I already took the time off for two and a half months this last show, and it worked out fine," he said.
So what would it take for Kraus to be the Bachelor next year?

"I think I just have to be emotionally in the right place in my life," he confessed. "If I'm not ready, I'm not ready. I'm not out there searching for fame or attention or money, so if I were to do it, it would be because it felt truly right at that stage in my life."
source
Nothing from TPTB POV indicating future gig.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by littlereddress Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:56 pm

I am neutral on Peter.  I don't dislike him but I don't think he is greatest man alive like I always see on SM especially his IG.  I sometimes enjoyed him on the bachelorette.  He appears to be thoughtful and IMO takes himself very seriously.

I agree with what Zoe06 is saying.  I felt he was never in love with Rachel or did not have a strong physical attraction to her.  When he said he was falling in love with her on the stoop it was like he was saying he loved Ranch Doritos.  So what bothered me was his lack of enthusiasm for her, his uncertainty.  He is entitled to that but he killed the romance and became very dry and angsty to watch.  He says he can't wait for her to meet his parents but then he sits on their stoop and can only muster up was an I'm happy and a kiss on the forehead.   I feel what we got from him was his angst and uncertainly every week.      

Peter is confusing because I feel he gives mixed messages.  One week he is falling in love, the next week he is not sure.  Sometimes it would be like his feelings would change on the same episode.  He wanted to the bachelor to point of going out to LA and then he wasn't sure at what seemed like the 11th hour.  On and on, having a hard time making decisions.   I wonder if this is the push pull that Rachel talked about.  I do think he said it was about a wife and marriage and that stuff is important so he probably better off in an outside relationship where he can take as much time as he needs, like years if that the case with no pressure to make a decision.

Last edited by littlereddress on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

littlereddress

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:57 pm

I heard him say the criticism was hard for him but that's not why he didn't do it. He didn't do it because he was not ready, the timing wasn't right.JMO.

I also didn't hear him say a future gig was assured but maybe sometime down the road the timing might be right. I don't think TPTB would ever rule anybody out and might have indicated to Peter at some point it might be considered. I don't think they had conflict but parted on good terms. They did say they would keep in contact with him.

Last edited by Rolly on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by zoe06 Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:57 pm

Rolly wrote:

What made you think he was never in love with Rachel?

i guess it's not just this statement below, i think that he had feelings for her but not sure if it was every love now IMO. I rewatched and he was soo stiff with her and his friends saying he was silly and funny and maybe it was the nervousness of the camer but he never showed that side of him to her and usually open up like that with the person you love. And then his BFF comments, and looking back at how elated he was after he returned. I don't know anymore.

:A lot of people say that I was very boring and cold on the show. No, I'm actually a very lighthearted, fun person... but when faced with these huge decisions that are based on the rest of your life, I take them very seriously," he added.

zoe06

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:02 pm

This is what he said.

At the end of the day, Kraus said it was emotion and fear that prevented him from being the Bachelor, but that he's "absolutely" ready for marriage.

Fear came from other people's opinions, which I don't know if I should guide my life on that, but I do take what people say very personally," he explained. "I'm constantly reading how awful I am for even considering being the Bachelor, so I let fear kind of guide me. I was afraid of what people would say. I was afraid of what people would think, and I was afraid of not being able to live up to the amazing standards that are the lead of that position."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by zoe06 Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:03 pm

themindof_vee wrote:

and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but it doesn't sound like he was ever in love with Rachel IMO according to this interview, disappointed because I thought he actually was.

really? that's not what I gathered at all. It's clear Rachel moved on why would he still be harping over her. It honestly sounds like he read the book 'the subtle art of not giving a f*ck'.

All the best to him.

I don't disagree with his right to move on, but his answer changes IMO and why make that long post about loving now and always and unsaid things. and then Robetr Mills said he wasn't emotional ready and then his bff says that a crock of crap and that he has been completely over Rachel and has had no feelings for her for a while, But then says to Lauren Zima he wasnt' emotionally ready. It's just a lot of mixed messages coming from him or those close to him IMO so now I am confused for the first time as to what's real in regards to his feelings. I don't think Peter is a horrible person, I'm just confused as to where he ever stood really regarding her.

zoe06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 67 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #10

+93
ElonM
dee
gurlbrit
Maddy
bluwavz