SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Page 20 of 79 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 49 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by FashionLover Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:53 pm

IMO rachel is going to be forced to really figure out what her end goal is and start shaping her SM and platform around that now. If their new plans in LA are even slightly dependent on their following, they unfortunately have to be calculated about what they post because the bachelor nation audience can be quite shallow. They want outfit details and #relationshipgoals posts imo. If she wants to do advocacy, she will need to reach a wider audience outside bach nation for sure. Some have previously mentioned that she could use her platform to bring awareness to how her experience was different as the first black bachelorette, and while I think it will be interesting, I honestly don't think bach nation viewers will be all that into it. I think they now have SM managers who are aware of this, thats probably why she added that addendum to her post. sucks but it is what it is.
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Aria Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:57 pm

FashionLover wrote:IMO rachel is going to be forced to really figure out what her end goal is and start shaping her SM and platform around that now. If their new plans in LA are even slightly dependent on their following, they unfortunately have to be calculated about what they post because the bachelor nation audience can be quite shallow. They want outfit details and #relationshipgoals posts imo. If she wants to do advocacy, she will need to reach a wider audience outside bach nation for sure. Some have previously mentioned that she could use her platform to bring awareness to how her experience was different as the first black bachelorette, and while I think it will be interesting, I honestly don't think bach nation viewers will be all that into it. I think they now have SM managers who are aware of this, thats probably why she added that addendum to her post. sucks but it is what it is.

Yup, that's what I figured. She got a lot of hate for some of her other political posts, but never added an addendum. I don't think this was something she thought of. She's going along with it though! She does have to, unfortunately, be more calculated and image-conscious if she wants to be a famous LA star! And it seems like there are people showing her how now. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:58 pm

@Aria maybe losing followers made her reconsider

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:03 am

teamkristina wrote:maybe losing followers made her reconsider
Maybe that's not how it went, but that's what it looks like imo

via GIPHY

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:09 am

Rachel has said she wants empower women and POC - we are in a climate that demands loud and very vocal voices in the face of injustice. Hope she does more and anyone that doesn't want to see can unfollow her.
She doesn't strike me as someone to shy way from that and if she wants to be authentic in her mission she needs to IMO.

Btw, going from down from 897k to 896k doesn't mean she lost 1000 followers. IG rounds up the number to the nearest 100th so perhaps she fell below 897k threshold in their algorithm.

Last edited by sfrank on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:31 am

If she cares that much about backlash from SM then she should've just stfu off top tbh. The irony of calling Jemele her role model while doing what she did cannot be overstated

via GIPHY

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:36 am

Alright, not that these aren't good discussions, but let me remind everyone before things go off the rails.

Politics- Discussions involving politics are not allowed. Soliciting a particular party, mentioning a particular party in a positive or negative manner, advertising or trying to sway ones opinions between any parties is not allowed. BachandBachetteFans does not support any particular party.  02.19.2017** For the current season of Bachelorette 13, no discussion regarding the Bachelorette's father's position, previous court cases or any matter related to his employment.
Rules - Guidelines
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:38 am

If BachNation wants IG posts with nothing but trap shots, nail polish, mascara, and Movement watches theres plenty to follow. Good riddance! I'm glad Rachel's about something. JMO

sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:42 am

I'm going to repeat myself once more.  Move on please or the thread will be locked.  

Ladybug82 wrote:Alright, not that these aren't good discussions, but let me remind everyone before things go off the rails.

Politics- Discussions involving politics are not allowed. Soliciting a particular party, mentioning a particular party in a positive or negative manner, advertising or trying to sway ones opinions between any parties is not allowed. BachandBachetteFans does not support any particular party.  02.19.2017** For the current season of Bachelorette 13, no discussion regarding the Bachelorette's father's position, previous court cases or any matter related to his employment.
Rules - Guidelines

ETA:  posts have been deleted to help keep us on topics that are within forum rules.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:04 am

ReneeM wrote:IMO the addendum WAS unnecessary. Adding that it's not a political post just seems to be trying to appease the people upset & if she's trying to appease them that makes me respect it less. IMO the people who would get upset aren't worth trying to appease anyways. Good thing Jemele really is her role model, she could learn some things. Guess what Jemele never did throughout the entire controversy? Walk any of her comments back, despite all the public pressure to do so. All Jmo.

Even though I am fine with the addendum, I agree with the sentiment of your post esp. the bolded. :yes: If it was a part of her original caption, I wouldn't have even batted an eye and admired her courage to show her support in her own way. By adding the addendum later on when she started getting backlash, IMO it just looks like she is trying to appease people and backtracking in a way (even if she doesn't intend to). It just dilutes the effect of her sentiment IMO. Not that it takes away anything from Rachel (coz I get why she did it) but it just makes me appreciate people like Lauren more who didn't backtrack even in the face of losing followers and getting seriously crappy comments.

On a totally off topic note, I am dying laugh out loud  at your avi @ReneeM. giggling

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:12 am

coolangel wrote:
ReneeM wrote:IMO the addendum WAS unnecessary. Adding that it's not a political post just seems to be trying to appease the people upset & if she's trying to appease them that makes me respect it less. IMO the people who would get upset aren't worth trying to appease anyways. Good thing Jemele really is her role model, she could learn some things. Guess what Jemele never did throughout the entire controversy? Walk any of her comments back, despite all the public pressure to do so. All Jmo.

Even though I am fine with the addendum, I agree with the sentiment of your post esp. the bolded. :yes: If it was a part of her original caption, I wouldn't have even batted an eye and admired her courage to show her support in her own way. By adding the addendum later on when she started getting backlash, IMO it just looks like she is trying to appease people and backtracking in a way (even if she doesn't intend to). It just dilutes the effect of her sentiment IMO. Not that it takes away anything from Rachel (coz I get why she did it) but it just makes me appreciate people like Lauren more who didn't backtrack even in the face of losing followers and getting seriously crappy comments.

On a totally off topic note, I am dying laugh out loud  at your avi @ReneeM. giggling

All JMO
:gotcha: laugh out loud

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:38 am

coolangel wrote:

All JMO

Man, who would've thunk that Lauren B was the girl that I saw as the gold standard that I wish Rachel would emulate?! She straight up told people to unfollow her if they didn't like her expressing her opinion! People surprise you and it's definitely a reminder not to judge a book by its cover and all that jazz.

I'm also dying at @ReneeM's avi!! Also, can we take a second to appreciate Nick wearing the hell out of that tuxedo? He looks SO good!

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 79 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 49 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

+64
Ash2214
mindless
sdmom
Al
vacayeveryday