SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Page 43 of 79 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 61 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 43 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:11 pm

"Did I want to be engaged? 100 percent. But the way it looked [on the show], it made me look a little desperate. And [Peter] wasn't the one I wanted. I chose the one I wanted. I think that that's just how it came across on the screen."

https://www.bustle.com/p/bachelorettes-rachel-bryan-are-moving-to-california-together-so-is-a-spinoff-on-the-horizon-2419387

We can interchange that sentence for many of the previous F2's regardless of what they decided to show us and their storyboards.

Rachel didn't need to have three hour discussions with Bryan with regards to his intentions. He made it clear, all season long. As per Rachel, the 3 hour discussion was due to other deep rooted issues, she knew what she was going to do and who her F1 was going to be.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 43 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by lleyki Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:59 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I didn't see anything wrong with Bryan's edit. The love story was plain as day to me. The idea is to take every sleuther's hard work into consideration, leaving personal feelings aside rather than trying to justify why Bryan wouldn't be the F1 simply because he may not be one's favourite.

This. I thought it was just me. Frankly, I was one of those, prior the start of the season, who had no investment in this season at all. For example I was fully invested in Nick's season, followed all the sleuthing pre-season and fell hard for the idea of him and Vanessa before one episode aired. Rachel's season, I glanced a few times at the spoilers, knew almost nothing about most of the guys and to be honest, didn't really care who she chose. When the first spoiler said it was Peter, I could tell how happy some were by that but my reaction was a shrug and "well good for them".

I totally called Bryan a douche when I saw the Ellen clip, while laughing at the fact that he clearly didn't realize he basically just insulted the woman he was trying to win. When the spoiler changed, admittedly I was amused because the social media meltdowns were hilarious to me, especially because again, I didn't care one way or the other who Rachel chose. The first episode, I thought Bryan came on way too strong but I was judging that by what appeals to me and how I react to guys. However, it was very clear to me that Rachel loved every minute of what Bryan was giving and that was the first thing that stood out to me with the two of them. And how what people perceived their relationship to be and more specifically how they thought Bryan came across was not similar to Rachel's feelings towards and about him.

As the season continued, I found myself liking Bryan a lot more because he seemed so chill and unbothered. He wanted Rachel, made that clear and everything else was just background noise to him. I actually liked that about him. Yes, it would have been great to show more of their deeper conversations but having watched this show long enough, I know how the producers work. They're not in this for a love story. It's all about a specific narrative and story they want to tell and it was clear the story for Bryan and Rachel was all about the passion and heat. But I thought there was more than enough to show why Rachel picked Bryan and the relationship they had.

It also became very apparent to me based on the comments I read that the dislike for Bryan was not the fault of the producers and the edit he got and I can't believe some are still pretending it was. The hate for Bryan was based on a lot of preconceived opinions many had of him based on things that were found out about him that had nothing to do with the show. The lawsuit, the selling tea, the past reality show appearance, etc. None of that had anything to do with the edit he received on the show. And no, I have ZERO interest in discussing those things again for the millionth time. My point is that people disliked Bryan for reasons that had nothing to do with his edit on the show, IMO.

And it is what it is, much like the whole finale and Rachel's breakup with Peter. At this point, this is all so repetitive (hell including this post). As I said when the finale aired and will say now, people like who they like, believe what they believe and that's it. We can rehash all of this until forever including how Rachel cried for three hours supposedly and how it meant this or that or whatever. The fact is, those who believe Rachel wanted Peter and saw some great love story between them will never think otherwise, same as the hate for Bryan. All that can happen is all parties involved continue to live they life and move on. No one will convince anyone of anything. JMO.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by zoe06 Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:07 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
"Did I want to be engaged? 100 percent. But the way it looked [on the show], it made me look a little desperate. And [Peter] wasn't the one I wanted. I chose the one I wanted. I think that that's just how it came across on the screen."

https://www.bustle.com/p/bachelorettes-rachel-bryan-are-moving-to-california-together-so-is-a-spinoff-on-the-horizon-2419387

We can interchange that sentence for many of the previous F2's regardless of what they decided to show us and their storyboards.

Rachel didn't need to have three hour discussions with Bryan with regards to his intentions. He made it clear, all season long. As per Rachel, the 3 hour discussion was due to other deep rooted issues, she knew what she was going to do and who her F1 was going to be.

Let us also remember that Rachel had to take a moment before letting go of ALex and she also had a mini breakdown when she let go of Matt and eveyrone was like, WHO? I agree with others Rachel had very strong feeligs for Peter but the finale cannot negate what we saw for an entire season when most even me as a former Pachel had to admit that she was clearly going ot pick Bryan as the season wore on, I really loved that she didn't have to chase him, that I wasn't confused at to who was the lead, because Bryan, whether you like his approach or not worked for her, and constantly pursued her and didn't make her chase him.

zoe06

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:15 pm

and she also had a mini breakdown when she let go of Matt and eveyrone was like, WHO?

She also made out with him too when she was letting him go, just like she did when saying goodbye to Peter. I remember someone on another board even saying how she really needed to stop making out with guys when eliminating them.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by bachfan218 Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:18 pm

lleyki wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:I didn't see anything wrong with Bryan's edit. The love story was plain as day to me. The idea is to take every sleuther's hard work into consideration, leaving personal feelings aside rather than trying to justify why Bryan wouldn't be the F1 simply because he may not be one's favourite.

This. I thought it was just me. Frankly, I was one of those, prior the start of the season, who had no investment in this season at all. For example I was fully invested in Nick's season, followed all the sleuthing pre-season and fell hard for the idea of him and Vanessa before one episode aired. Rachel's season, I glanced a few times at the spoilers, knew almost nothing about most of the guys and to be honest, didn't really care who she chose. When the first spoiler said it was Peter, I could tell how happy some were by that but my reaction was a shrug and "well good for them".

I totally called Bryan a douche when I saw the Ellen clip, while laughing at the fact that he clearly didn't realize he basically just insulted the woman he was trying to win. When the spoiler changed, admittedly I was amused because the social media meltdowns were hilarious to me, especially because again, I didn't care one way or the other who Rachel chose. The first episode, I thought Bryan came on way too strong but I was judging that by what appeals to me and how I react to guys. However, it was very clear to me that Rachel loved every minute of what Bryan was giving and that was the first thing that stood out to me with the two of them. And how what people perceived their relationship to be and more specifically how they thought Bryan came across was not similar to Rachel's feelings towards and about him.

As the season continued, I found myself liking Bryan a lot more because he seemed so chill and unbothered. He wanted Rachel, made that clear and everything else was just background noise to him. I actually liked that about him. Yes, it would have been great to show more of their deeper conversations but having watched this show long enough, I know how the producers work. They're not in this for a love story. It's all about a specific narrative and story they want to tell and it was clear the story for Bryan and Rachel was all about the passion and heat. But I thought there was more than enough to show why Rachel picked Bryan and the relationship they had.

It also became very apparent to me based on the comments I read that the dislike for Bryan was not the fault of the producers and the edit he got and I can't believe some are still pretending it was. The hate for Bryan was based on a lot of preconceived opinions many had of him based on things that were found out about him that had nothing to do with the show. The lawsuit, the selling tea, the past reality show appearance, etc. None of that had anything to do with the edit he received on the show. And no, I have ZERO interest in discussing those things again for the millionth time. My point is that people disliked Bryan for reasons that had nothing to do with his edit on the show, IMO.

And it is what it is, much like the whole finale and Rachel's breakup with Peter. At this point, this is all so repetitive (hell including this post). As I said when the finale aired and will say now, people like who they like, believe what they believe and that's it. We can rehash all of this until forever including how Rachel cried for three hours supposedly and how it meant this or that or whatever. The fact is, those who believe Rachel wanted Peter and saw some great love story between them will never think otherwise, same as the hate for Bryan. All that can happen is all parties involved continue to live they life and move on. No one will convince anyone of anything. JMO.

:claphands
bachfan218
bachfan218

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:23 pm

lleyki wrote:
and she also had a mini breakdown when she let go of Matt and eveyrone was like, WHO?

She also made out with him too when she was letting him go, just like she did when saying goodbye to Peter. I remember someone on another board even saying how she really needed to stop making out with guys when eliminating them.

LOL. Yeah, she even kissed Kenny and said ILY to Eric when dumping them. Peter's goodbye was just more intense, but it's not his goodbye was unique for Rachel. She's a very inappropriate breaker-upper, haha. I could buy that Peter was real F1 if she hadn't given Bryan a watch and worn her matching one in front of Peter, introduced only Bryan to her friends, told Bryan ILY on the FS and by Peter's own admission, never gave him any similar validation in the FS. But, like you said, people are going to believe what they believe unless Rachel ever comes out like Des and Ali and Deanna and says "yeah, I probably would have picked the other guy". IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:26 pm

@lleyki I agree Good Post rock My thoughts from the second episode, exactly. He wanted Rachel, made that clear and everything else was just background noise to him.
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:26 pm

I think because our board is always sleuthing first and I thank all the mods' insistence to separate opinions from facts, we didn't experience major breakdown as some other places did when it came to the finale.

Honestly, I don't know any of them personally and what they do really have no bearings in my own life. I am learning to take the show as it is: an entertainment. It's Rachel's decision and it's her life. I am just glad she is happy. That's the major reason why I am a Brachel fan because she always seems to be happy with Bryan, but not so much with Peter, especially towards the end. Even before the second spoiler came out, I remember most posters commented how happy and glowing she was after returning home. I love seeing happy couples because the world is full of tragedies and heartbreaks.

All Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:30 pm

@lleyki Exactly. I picked those eyelashes up off the floor and threw them away a loooong time ago. rotfl

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:37 pm

sdmom wrote:I think because our board is always sleuthing first and I thank all the mods' insistence to separate opinions from facts, we didn't experience major breakdown as some other places did when it came to the finale.

Honestly, I don't know any of them personally and what they do really have no bearings in my own life. I am learning to take the show as it is: an entertainment. It's Rachel's decision and it's her life. I am just glad she is happy. That's the major reason why I am a Brachel fan because she always seems to be happy with Bryan, but not so much with Peter, especially towards the end. Even before the second spoiler came out, I remember most posters commented how happy and glowing she was after returning home. I love seeing happy couples because the world is full of tragedies and heartbreaks.

All Jmo.

I agree. Regardless of who she wanted, she's always seemed happier and more secure and at peace when she was with Bryan IMO. It's actually funny, I was listening to Des's pod with RS and was struck at how similar Chris was to Bryan (very good at compartmentalizing, watching pretty much everything but didn't have a problem with the finale like people thought, was confident he was the best option for her and didn't worry about Brooks because of that, never needed any reassurance, just always there for her) and even Kaitlyn's podcast with Lauren and how similar her feelings about Shawn were (she said she just couldn't believe what he was saying, because she thought he was too good to be true and that's why she kept going for other relationships; she couldn't believe that this guy who seemed perfect would want her) to Rachel's feelings about Bryan. It just seems to me that F1s on the Bachelorette tend to have some very similar characteristics and even if the Bachelorettes originally fight it or get distracted by lust, if they accept that love, it usually ends up working out pretty well. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:41 pm

Sorry for the double post, @themindof_vee, I remember reading somewhere (a former contestant maybe) that those scenes, like the one where Rachel said she was not sure about her choice" are not filmed sequentially.  Anyone remember reading this too? I will search for the article. That sometimes production films this afterwards if they need it to help the story "gel" better. @GuardianAngel, (I believe it was you) were asking about one in which Rachel had purple eyeshadow on and a black dress and not what she had on the actual interaction or anywhere else on the season. This might have been one scene that was added in after to tell a better story----- IMO

Last edited by Kolormiblnd on Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:41 pm

@Aria I do hope RnB will have the same outcome as DesChris, or KaitlynShawn, because my track record has been horrible! Lol.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 79 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 61 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

+64
Ash2214
mindless
sdmom
Al
vacayeveryday