SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Page 47 of 79 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by thisgurlovesbach Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:46 pm

This reminds me so much of the Kenny and Lee drama on Rachel's season ...
thisgurlovesbach
thisgurlovesbach

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Guest Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:48 pm

nikikass wrote:I don't understand when you call someone aggressive it means they are an angry black woman????

There's a huge history of african americans being called aggressive. You don't have to follow a rule book just be respectful and aware of what certain things mean to people. Not everyone knows but it's always good to educate. And i think this is a reason why rachel spoke out now. JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by zoe06 Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:48 pm

No one is saying that she couldn't express her feelings all I'm saying is why rachel may have taken offense to it. If some one calls me the B word that's their right to do so but I can still be offended by it. Personally I found them to have similar personalities and it's why they didn't get along really.

zoe06

Back to top Go down

Post by likeashipblown Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:51 pm

Yes to the Kenny and Lee situation parallels.  Vanessa was Lee**IMO**. Rachel was Kenny**IMO**. So glad Rachel had the good sense to remove herself from any situation where that whole thing could have escalated and given the show a chance to twist, paint, and run that storyline. Mess. **IMO**

likeashipblown

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:52 pm

My Nieces and nephews and brother in law are all black I love them dearly and I have never heard of this. I am sorry. I dont think this applies to every black person.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:54 pm

teamkristina wrote:
nikikass wrote:I don't understand when you call someone aggressive it means they are an angry black woman????

There's a huge history of african americans being called aggressive. You don't have to follow a rule book just be respectful and aware of what certain things mean to people. Not everyone knows but it's always good to educate. And i think this is a reason why rachel spoke out now. JMO

I think there are many people believe it or not that are not exposed to African American History and Culture. I agree it is always good to educate regardless of culture/belief. I just want to make sure this is understood. Respect is always a good thing.
In today's times, however, the common use of the word "bully" might not be seen as offensive to some as it would to others without your explanation. I hope you can see this.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:55 pm

nikikass wrote:I don't understand when you call someone aggressive it means they are an angry black woman???? Since when?  I have never hear that before.   If I say to someone they are being aggressive that means they are in my face and back off.  It has nothing to do with colour, sex or whatever.

It means get out of my face.   But saying aggressive is kinder than get out of my face.   I dont know I dont get it.  I'm not going to tip toe around my feelings to make sure I dont offend anyone.  

People dont know if a common word has another hidden meaning.  Is there a new dictionary I need to buy?

So there are words you cant say to a person of colour that you can say to any other person?  

This is crazy and I'm too old to learn a new language.   IMO

I don't either. I can't believe this. Do I live on another planet? I've worked with plenty aggressive male and females, all walks of life. I have never associated being aggressive to anything but the person that's in front of me whom I may think is aggressive regardless of who they are or where they come from.

nikikass wrote:So just god be clear..  If Vanessa was feeling how she was feeling.

She should have said.  "Get out of my face you f'n B Itch."

But not "you are being aggressive"?

Okay I have heard it all now.   I am done.

I guess so. Maybe that's badazz and is more acceptable? Good grief. This is insane. IMHO

If someone was aggressive towards me, you bet I'd be telling them they were being aggressive and I don't care what colour your skin is. Vanessa lives in a very multicultural country. I'm going to speak for myself, and I'm sure many Canadians, we are all Canadians, period. I would bet anything Vanessa had no idea she was associating aggressive with a WOC.

This discussion is so insane to me.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:00 pm

If I call a grown woman a "b" word, it won't be bully, and if I call them an "a" word, it won't be aggressive. Problem solved.

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 1176891977

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by thisgurlovesbach Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:04 pm

likeashipblown wrote:Yes to the Kenny and Lee situation parallels.  Vanessa was Lee**IMO**. Rachel was Kenny**IMO**. So glad Rachel had the good sense to remove herself from any situation where that whole thing could have escalated and given the show a chance to twist, paint, and run that storyline. Mess. **IMO**

Exactly what I was thinking, you took the words out of my mouth. Yeah Rachel handled herself like the classy woman that she is and I admire her for that. I love how Rachel is proving to the world that she is a smart and hardworking career woman and the fact that she has gone back to work after the show speaks volumes.

IMO, I don't think Vanessa was meaning to do harm and throw shade at "black people" in the way that Rachel thought by calling her a bully. I think she was upset with the overall situation that was going on in the house. If she really wanted to throw shade at Rachel, she would have used the N word

Last edited by thisgurlovesbach on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
thisgurlovesbach
thisgurlovesbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:07 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:If I call a grown woman a "b" word, it won't be bully, and if I call them an "a" word, it won't be aggressive. Problem solved.

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 47 1176891977

You can call me a babe and an angel anytime. Praying

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:43 pm

Rachel is completely entitled to her feelings. Just as Vanessa is entitled to hers.

I am in a mixed race family. Unfortunately in our society aggressive, angry etc. have a negative connotation with people of colour.... which is not right. At the same time i believe a person can be aggressive or a bully, regardless if you are white or a person of colour.

I personally don't see the Lee/Kenny situation here at all. Vanessa has dated a man of colour, one of her best friends in Montreal is a woman of colour and one of her best friends on the bachelorette is a woman of colour.

Rachel has every right to feel the way she feels based on her past experience and in being a woman of colour, and the unfortunate connotations that come with that. At the same time Vanessa is entitled to feeling bullied by someone, regardless of whether they are white or a person of colour. It sounds they both disrespected each other.

All IMO
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:10 am

IMO The apple cart was turned over when V told not only Rachel to her face how she felt but also told Nick and relayed that info to Rachel...then the s hit the fan so to speak.

I do recall Rachel, Raven, Jasmine and Corrinne discussing V being upset on the Volleyball date pretty much mocking her on sm as in twitter. I think Rachel was easier to like among the girls who became the squad because she obviously wasn't the threat V was. JMO

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 79 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 63 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

+64
Ash2214
mindless
sdmom
Al
vacayeveryday