SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Page 50 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 50 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by bleuberry Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:57 am

I agree @Cocoasneeze I'm not blaming Rachel. She was cornered into responding. Imaginations were running wild.

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 50 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 50 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Tajlena Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:42 am

bleuberry wrote:I agree @Cocoasneeze I'm not blaming Rachel. She was cornered into responding. Imaginations were running wild.

IMO she wasn't cornered into responding. Many people would've chosen not to comment on what DLo said and continue to let people think the worst of their enemy. By coming forward with the facts, IMO she thought the truth was more important than making Vanessa look bad and the public' own perception of her. If she had said nothing, imo Vanessa would get dragged through the mud for the supposedly "extremely derogatory" name she called Rachel. Essentially, hearing DLo's detail of events, Rachel appeared as Vanessa's poor victim who was viciously attacked by a cruel b*tch who also backstabbed DLo. By clearing the air, Rachel made herself look less like the victim and more the equal perpetrator and brought more criticism upon herself.

Rachel is not a dummy. IMO, she chose the truth over public sympathy and over the tempting urge to make her foe look bad. Whether you like Rachel or not, imo she has a strong sense of justice and will go out of her way to ensure that justice is done, true to her lawyerly ways.

Tajlena

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:58 am

This isn't the first time it's come up. Someone on the squad called/email RS and did their best to get the ball rolling in an anti V campaign before the season even wrapped.  Intentions were always... to let it be out there by the squad and that squad includes Rachel. It was in her best interest to lay the story out there when DLo went into muddy waters with her details. The damage was done months ago and it was intentional.

You are the company you keep. IMO

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tajlena Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:01 am

I think DLo needs to just speak on her own experience and not drag Rachel or anyone else into her narrative. IMO a good general rule is to just speak on your own feelings and perspectives without dragging other people into the picture to prove your point.

She's starting to distance herself from several members of the squad and I think over time more will drop off. DLo was never really a close friend in the first place, but since she's besties with Jasmine she was also around Rachel on occasion. At the same time, IMO Rachel shouldn't be judged everytime someone does something boneheaded and drags her name into the situation either, especially when she never asked them to.

Tajlena

Back to top Go down

Post by zoe06 Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:47 am

mprssdbyu wrote:This isn't the first time it's come up. Someone on the squad called/email RS and did their best to get the ball rolling in an anti V campaign before the season even wrapped.  Intentions were always... to let it be out there by the squad and that squad includes Rachel. It was in her best interest to lay the story out there when DLo went into muddy waters with her details. The damage was done months ago and it was intentional.

You are the company you keep.  IMO

I hear your point but I am going ot at least give Rachel credit in that she could have let everyone continue to think that she was called the n-WORD as many including myself thought that is what Vanessa has referred to her as by DLo choice words of something extremely derogatory. IMO as someone else mentioned she could have said nothing and let them run with that story.  Love her or hate , her think she's petty or not she tells most things whether that makes her appear good or bad, because since she decided to clear the truth it has been hurting her more than Vanessa and she could have allowed everyone to think the worse of Vanessa alone. IMO She didn't get along with Vanessa she never once followed her instagram something some of the squad choose to do to keep up pretending. IMO she's not doing that she could have allowed as RS reported people to believe that it was Vanessa who asked to seperated. she didn't she said it was her idea. I don't know how she came out of this looking good and self serving. IMO She said her peace and why she was offended and why asked to be seperated and made it clear the words that were used. She is the one that gets dragged for it. IMO. I do respect someone who is not our here pretendng FOR THE MOST PART she's petty she lets you see that, WHETHER you will like her for it or not. IMO Someone throws her name around in an incident she never witnessed and she clears up and tells the truth of what really happened IMO.

JMO

zoe06

Back to top Go down

Post by Murakamee Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:19 pm

Rachel's better than me, because I wouldn't have said or written a word to clarify Dlo's words or defend Vanessa's. Let people think what they want. By now most self-respecting Black adults (myself included) should realize that engaging in efforts such as these are self-defeating and futile. There is no respect to be had in respectability politics. JMO.
Murakamee
Murakamee

Female Posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:28 pm

^^^^ the thing is, if Rachel had not said anything, somehow, someway, the truth would have come out, and people would have said "I can't believe Rachel let everyone think V called her a _____" She should have said something" DLo kind of forced Rachel's hand, IMO. All JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by zoe06 Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:46 pm

adf23 wrote:^^^^ the thing is, if Rachel had not said anything, somehow, someway, the truth would have come out, and people would have said "I can't believe Rachel let everyone think V called her a _____"  She should have said something"  DLo kind of forced Rachel's hand, IMO.  All JMO.

DLo forced her hand but no one one every thought before DLo used choices words that she may have called Rachel the n-WORD. IMO I never thought that before DLo's comment, IMO. I just thought they had an argument and didn't get along. I also always thought from the way RS reported that it was Vanessa that requested to be seperated. Rachel didn't have to say anything or could have just said very little she didn't need to explain the full story especially since DLo was no longer in the house when the incident occured. IMO

zoe06

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:11 pm

Murakamee wrote:Rachel's better than me, because I wouldn't have said or written a word to clarify Dlo's words or defend Vanessa's. Let people think what they want. By now most self-respecting Black adults (myself included) should realize that engaging in efforts such as these are self-defeating and futile. There is no respect to be had in respectability politics. JMO.

I am sorry but the implication that someone might be a racist can stick and have serious negative consequences on someone's life and career. It is not a joke or petty politics on a sh*tshow. IMO Danielle L is a garbage human being for suggesting what she did publicly and Rachel would have joined her there in my eyes had she let this implication stick. By clearing the air, Rachel just proved that she understands that these things are no joke and even though there are many things in her article I disagree with, I commend her for standing up and doing what is right.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by zoe06 Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:16 pm

coolangel wrote:
Murakamee wrote:Rachel's better than me, because I wouldn't have said or written a word to clarify Dlo's words or defend Vanessa's. Let people think what they want. By now most self-respecting Black adults (myself included) should realize that engaging in efforts such as these are self-defeating and futile. There is no respect to be had in respectability politics. JMO.

I am sorry but the implication that someone might be a racist can stick and have serious negative consequences on someone's life and career. It is not a joke or petty politics on a sh*tshow. IMO Danielle L is a garbage human being for suggesting what she did publicly and Rachel would have joined her there in my eyes had she let this implication stick. By clearing the air, Rachel just proved that she understands that these things are no joke and even though there are many things in her article I disagree with, I commend her for standing up and doing what is right.

All JMO

Agreed, and that's all i have been saying with my post. I respect that fact that she cleared the air IMO, she choose not to let someone that didn't like have the perceptions that she used a racial slur, when she did not. Nothing from anything else she said IMO made her look good, so to me it was not self serving. She only came out of if it more disliked from more people's perception, IMO i still like her the good and the bad of her as I liked Vanessa the good and the bad of her. IMO Rachel could have let that story hang and that perceprtion of Vanessa hang out there and she didn't no matter how the truth was going ot make her look IMO and I respect her for that. JMO

zoe06

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:51 pm

zoe06 wrote:
coolangel wrote:I am sorry but the implication that someone might be a racist can stick and have serious negative consequences on someone's life and career. It is not a joke or petty politics on a sh*tshow. IMO Danielle L is a garbage human being for suggesting what she did publicly and Rachel would have joined her there in my eyes had she let this implication stick. By clearing the air, Rachel just proved that she understands that these things are no joke and even though there are many things in her article I disagree with, I commend her for standing up and doing what is right.

All JMO

Agreed, and that's all i have been saying with my post. I respect that fact that she cleared the air IMO, she choose not to let someone that didn't like have the perceptions that she used a racial slur, when she did not. Nothing from anything else she said IMO made her look good, so to me it was not self serving. She only came out of if it more disliked from more people's perception, IMO i still like her  the good and the bad of her as I liked Vanessa the good and the bad of her. IMO Rachel could have let that story hang and that perceprtion of Vanessa hang out there and she didn't no matter how the truth was going ot make her look IMO and I respect her for that.  JMO

ITA! Personally, I think Rachel walked right into some of the criticisms she is getting on SM by including more details than necessary. By saying she was offended by 'aggressive' when she didn't seem offended on the show when Lee said that Kenny was being 'aggressive', she opened up the door for criticism IMO. People are rightly pointing out that Will was the one to school Lee, not Rachel. And the company she keeps doesn't help with the bullying accusations esp. after BIP. I really commend her for clearing the air and confirming that the word was just 'bully' and not a racial slur but I believe she would have saved herself a lot of criticism had she not gotten into details.

All JMO

PS: The most funny thing I found in that article was Rachel's comment of 'Being in the Bachelor mansion is a true test of your character' laugh out loud laugh out loud I personally think it's the opposite and don't judge anyone harshly for what they say/do in that crazy pressure-cooker environment. I am still surprised people don't need extensive therapy after going on the show. I know I would.
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:28 pm

At the end of the day the real loser is Danielle L, she created a narrative that had nothing to do with her, she wasn't even a bystander. She put it out there and forced Rachel to come forward. Just stirring unnecessary poop up after a year of it happening when it had nothing to do with her. All IMO.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

+64
Ash2214
mindless
sdmom
Al
vacayeveryday