SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Page 55 of 79 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 67 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 55 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:30 pm

peggy0221 wrote:Not a racist caused I'm a Chinese so understand how people could have some stereotype about us.

But, I'm curious to know that, does that mean we can't confront a black woman, if she happened to be really acting like a bully? They would take out the race card immediately I can imagine.

IMO, what you can expect is that people will continue to show you the respect you show them. You can't be new to the world so you can rely on your experience to tell you who people are as opposed to random folks attempting to report on the behaviors of two women in an artificial situation competing for the same man. or, worse yet, someone attempting to assign a misnomer of "bullying" to a random set of behaviors that exists in any competition. 

So Vanessa won. She was fine with that so this background noise after the fact which neither Vanessa nor Rachel even initiated is IMO, a great deal of nothing. JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 55 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Sprite Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:32 pm

coolangel wrote:@BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure and @Sprite, ITA with your posts! Well said! :claphands

Learning to bite my tongue and not say the first thing that springs to my mind was a lesson I learned the hard way in my professional career. IMO Once you get the reputation of lacking diplomacy and fighting back to prove your point irrespective of the truth in the other person's words (displaying lack of self-awareness basically), it's hard to break out of it and get people to take you seriously. I admit when I took up my first job in a very male-dominated tech industry, a part of me would always perceive my opinions/solutions being disregarded as a micro-aggression. As I gained more experience, I started seeing that sometimes it's got nothing to do with me being female and everything to do with the other solution being the more optimal one. When my solution was better, my male colleagues supported it just as much. Not to say that racism/sexism doesn't exist coz it totally does IMO but if you start looking at everything through that lens, you would always see everyone else as wrong and you always being right and a perceived victim in your own eyes. It doesn't do anyone any favors in the long run IMO.  

Since we never saw the incident between Rachel/Vanessa, have zero context and most likely will never hear Vanessa's side of things, I will stay clear of it and use Jasmine as an example. Jasmine is black but IMO she was both aggressive and a bully on BIP. I would have the exact same opinion of her if she was white. So race has nothing to do with it yet Jasmine got into Twitter fights with people who were calling out her behavior and accused them of being racists and took zero responsibility. My point is that one cannot always blame racism/sexism and at some point, we need to take responsibility for our words/actions.

All JMO

yes  to all the bolded and particularly to the highlighted.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:41 pm

I really didn't pay close attention to last season and the drama between Vanessa and Rachel so not sure if anything came out then. ITA with those who say that DLo shouldn't have revealed what she did, especially when she was only getting it second hand. I like all three but think that was uncalled for on her part.

I could see Rachel being perceived as being aggressive and we've seen some of that, imo. Bully is in the eye of the beholder imo and Vanessa seems to have had that impression. I don't see that but I wasn't there. I'm not going to blame her for using touchy terms because it's very likely she didn't know that there was another connotation. I know I didn't but can see why Rachel might be upset.

It's too bad that this is out at this late date and would have been better if everyone could have continued to move on without getting into it.  Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 55 4256136633 All JMO.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Why are they trying to make the #RnB thing happen? Hashtagging your own "couple nickname" on your posts is so cringey.

JMo

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 55 87b72b10 Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 55 86669110 Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 55 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by vacayeveryday Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:07 pm

umngirl wrote:Why are they trying to make the #RnB thing happen? Hashtagging your own "couple nickname" on your posts is so cringey.

JMo
I personally find it very cute and not cringe worthy at all.  Their fans use the nickname all the time on SM.

vacayeveryday

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:11 pm

vacayeveryday wrote:
umngirl wrote:Why are they trying to make the #RnB thing happen? Hashtagging your own "couple nickname" on your posts is so cringey.

JMo
I personally find it very cute and not cringe worthy at all.  Their fans use the nickname all the time on SM.

Fans have been using it for months. I love it! See nothing wrong with hash tagging it, period. JMO

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:16 pm

No more cringeworthy than anything else. JMO.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
vacayeveryday wrote:

JMo

Fans have been using it for months. I love it! See nothing wrong with hash tagging it, period. JMO

They are not trying to make it happen, IMO it has happened. The fans use it and I saw mention on one of the fan posts that the fans have a group chat for the RnBhive. Personally, I love it and see no reason why they should not tag their fans IMO.

Last edited by Kolormiblnd on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:49 pm

IDK, on the list of cringey things that have been done by the people on this show, that barely registers IMO

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:26 pm

IMO, Bryan trademarking his brand and selling his merchandise are one of those very cringey things. These two seem to have huge ego and want to make their name big, imo, and I hate that

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:38 pm

It's one thing to have fans use the hashtag. But the actual couple? Nope. Hard pass. I jus can't imagine any other couple from the franchise hashtagging their couple name regularly. Oh the backlash that would bring.

JMO

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 55 87b72b10 Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 55 86669110 Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 55 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:48 pm

peggy0221 wrote:IMO, Bryan trademarking his brand and selling his merchandise are one of those very cringey things. These two seem to have huge ego and want to make their name big, imo, and I hate that

There are reputable PR and marketing/management teams in place for both Rachel and Bryan. As a huge fan, I want to see them optimize their time in the spotlight and IMO, I see them doing that effectively so far. They are being positioned to promote their professional careers and take advantage of other opportunities as well, IMO. They are smart, educated, good looking and articulate. With the support we see them providing to each other, and their individual and joint growth as a couple, their adventure is a joy to watch. As long as they maintain their professional credentials as they have both said they will, I don't see a downside because attorney and chiropractor, even if they eventually leave LA, is their safe place to fall. JMO

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 79 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 67 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

+64
Ash2214
mindless
sdmom
Al
vacayeveryday