SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Page 56 of 79 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Guest Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:22 am

IMO, having a professional career can still have huge ego too, and they are not mutually exclusive. From Rachel's "I'm the queen and I have my squad" attitude to their post show behavior, all I see is a very unlikable couple capitalizing their 15mins. Good for them to earn some extra like and money, just that this is not that kind of love story/individuals/couple I like and would admire.

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by sdmom Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:53 am

The link to Bryan's merchandise is long gone from his IG. Yes he trademarked all things DrAbe BryanAbasolo, but so far we have not seen what he has done with them yet so, imo, it's too early to judge him.
As far as shilling goes, Bryan only tagged Lord&Taylor once. Rachel tagged Target for the dog toys, Dunkin' Donuts and Lord&Taylor. Together they also tagged a few designers during NYFW. That's very minimum compared to others.

Rachel has raised $$ and volunteered for various charities and that's a fact. After her Dallas engagement party, she has not hanged out with her squad,except welcoming Sarah to Dallas. She usually hangs out with her old friends Angie and cousin Andrea. She is distancing away from her squat, imo.

Rachel may have a big ego, but, imo, she is not just all about the fame. I truly belive her when she said she will use her platform to promote important issues, because she has shown me so, imo. Even the past couple of days, she's representing her firm at the US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce conference. She has so much going on for her and I hope she and Bryan will take any opportunity that comes their way.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:25 am

I agree that Rachel does have alot going for her. Rachel is doing all sorts of positive things post show, she has had several awesome opportunities. What Bryan has going for him is Rachel. Imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:59 am

adf23 wrote:I agree that Rachel does have alot going for her. Rachel is doing all sorts of positive things post show, she has had several awesome opportunities. What Bryan has going for him is Rachel. Imo.

I totally disagree with you about Bryan. He is educated and can make a living, was doing this before he met her. He is not a two bit hustler from Miami without an education or a career, IMO. He is not depending on Rachel for his existence. Not all relationships need two overachievers to be successful, IMO. If I were to ask who Don Gummer is? Maybe a few people would know without a google search. But If I asked who Meryl Streep is? Everyone on this board would chime in. Well, Don Gummer is Mr Meryl Streep but as in the background as he is, he is successful in his own right and they have been married for a long time. Basically what makes relationships work is that the couple find their balance and this couple: Bryan and Rachel appear well balanced to me. All JMHO.
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:16 am

@Kolormiblnd Nice post. (IMO)
I can't forget the pointed questions Rachel asked about financial stability to her final men pre-FS time. Apparently, Bryan passed that test.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:40 am

peggy0221 wrote:IMO, having a professional career can still have huge ego too, and they are not mutually exclusive. From Rachel's "I'm the queen and I have my squad" attitude to their post show behavior, all I see is a very unlikable couple capitalizing their 15mins. Good for them to earn some extra like and money, just that this is not that kind of love story/individuals/couple I like and would admire.

Fans who have met Rachel and Bryan in person, frequently post about how sweet, approachable, down to earth and attractive they are IRL. I follow them both everyday and have seen zero evidence of the "huge ego" to which you refer, IMO. They are both confident and IMO have every reason and right to be. The "squad" chose Rachel as its leader and by doing so, extended their 15 minutes so, win-win but, Rachel and Bryan both have maintained the relationships and friendships they've had for years as evidenced by the many pictures they share in Instagram. Rachel and Bryan each appear to be closest and most inclusive with a special cousin who has been a big part of their lives since childhood based on pictures we've seen and HTDs. Those are the true tests of who a person is, IMO. In spite of all the "new friends", do they know who their tried and true friends are and these two clearly do, IMO. 

Brachel has weathered the negative fallout of whatever has gone right or wrong without "woe is me". They are positive, upbeat and confident enough to support each other as they try many new things and their adventure is very much fun to follow, IMO.  Some things will work, some will not but, I very much respect their willingness to try whatever they decide and conversely I  have no respect for the opposite end of the spectrum, afraid to venture out and take risks, ruled by fear. All JMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:04 am

I totally disagree with you about Bryan. He is educated and can make a living, was doing this before he met her. He is not a two bit hustler from Miami without an education or a career, IMO. He is not depending on Rachel for his existence. Not all relationships need two overachievers to be successful, IMO. 

And this once again is one of the things I find fascinating about Bachelor Nation. How for some viewers, these people's lives seem to start and end with the show. In other words, because we have no specifics on what Bryan is doing right now in the five months since the show wrapped and the season ended, then clearly he is "Mr. Rachel" with no ambitions, accomplishments, goals, etc. for himself. 

Never mind that this is a man who earned his own academic achievements and had been working successfully in his field for the last 9 years. But clearly, because we are not privy to his exact plans, it must mean he has nothing going on in his life and any other goal but to ride Rachel's coattails. Like I've said, I find the zero to sixty assumptions, complete with full derision and judgments based on these assumptions, fascinating. 

If I were to ask who Don Gummer is? Maybe a few people would know without a google search. But If I asked who Meryl Streep is? Everyone on this board would chime in. Well, Don Gummer is Mr Meryl Streep but as in the background as he is, he is successful in his own right and they have been married for a long time. 

laugh out loud, good point. Reminds me of Stedman Graham. Most people do recognize his name because Oprah talks about him quite often but he's gotten plenty of derision over the years for being Mr. Oprah Winfrey since her accomplishments are so great and visible. And JMO, but I feel like there is some element of gender bias in situations like these. 

Because maybe I'm wrong but I feel like there wouldn't be this same reaction if the roles were reversed and it was the Final 1 from the Bachelor season seemingly just supporting the Bachelor. Especially if it had only been a few months after the season wrapped. Especially when you factor that the couple is in the process of trying to settle and meld their lives together.

But because it's a man, there immediately becomes the criticisms of, "well what is he doing? Why isn't he working? She's the one who seems to be doing anything? Is he just walking her dog, etc.?"

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:29 am

Kolormiblnd wrote:
adf23 wrote:I agree that Rachel does have alot going for her. Rachel is doing all sorts of positive things post show, she has had several awesome opportunities. What Bryan has going for him is Rachel. Imo.

I totally disagree with you about Bryan. He is educated and can make a living, was doing this before he met her. He is not a two bit hustler from Miami without an education or a career, IMO. He is not depending on Rachel for his existence. Not all relationships need two overachievers to be successful, IMO. If I were to ask who Don Gummer is? Maybe a few people would know without a google search. But If I asked who Meryl Streep is? Everyone on this board would chime in. Well, Don Gummer is Mr Meryl Streep but as in the background as he is, he is successful in his own right and they have been married for a long time. Basically what makes relationships work is that the couple find their balance and this couple: Bryan and Rachel appear well balanced to me. All JMHO.

@Kolormiblind, I was just coming back to make your same points but, probably less eloquently. I am a HUGE Bryan fan because I love everything he's shown us about his love and support of Rachel but, also the strength and confidence that has enabled him to lead his life in such an exemplary fashion that he is thirty seven years old and virtually baggage-free, IMO. No baby mamas, no miserable ex-wives, no string of bitter ex-girlfriends causing tabloid horror. Just his own condo and Benz and I am willing to bet the nest egg and excellent credit to open his own office in Cali. Rachel hit the freaking Best Partner Lottery IMO with this gorgeous, loving man AND he has his own dreams he has prepared a blueprint to achieve. She can be super woman and/or sit home and nurse babies and be supported, either way. Issa MIRACLE when you find that. 

They are each amazing but, together they are golden. Nothing about that raggedy-azz edit ABC gave Bryan ever did or ever will convince me he was not her best choice by a million, that she didn't dodge a weak, weepy, self-absorbed bullet, a talk first, think later freelance whatever and a petulant, broke and aimless child, IMO. Our girl escaped outta there on roller skates. Hallelujah! JMO

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolormiblnd Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:42 am

lleyki wrote: And JMO, but I feel like there is some element of gender bias in situations like these. 

Why are we (females) okay with men in the driver's seat but when the inverse is the case, we are uncomfortable/hostile? Since you bring this up, when Rachel took Bryan to the Breitling store and they got the watches. I was not on this forum then, so don't know what the reaction here was. But I was jumping up and down with excitement cheering her on. But, some of my friends (females) thought this was abhorrent and that she was trying to buy his affection; their choice words, I cannot repeat. These are women who have/will fight for their entitlements and speak the equality language we all grew up speaking on a daily basis in their professional lives.
Kolormiblnd
Kolormiblnd

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:52 am

lleyki wrote:
I totally disagree with you about Bryan. He is educated and can make a living, was doing this before he met her. He is not a two bit hustler from Miami without an education or a career, IMO. He is not depending on Rachel for his existence. Not all relationships need two overachievers to be successful, IMO. 

And this once again is one of the things I find fascinating about Bachelor Nation. How for some viewers, these people's lives seem to start and end with the show. In other words, because we have no specifics on what Bryan is doing right now in the five months since the show wrapped and the season ended, then clearly he is "Mr. Rachel" with no ambitions, accomplishments, goals, etc. for himself. 

Never mind that this is a man who earned his own academic achievements and had been working successfully in his field for the last 9 years. But clearly, because we are not privy to his exact plans, it must mean he has nothing going on in his life and any other goal but to ride Rachel's coattails. Like I've said, I find the zero to sixty assumptions, complete with full derision and judgments based on these assumptions, fascinating. 

If I were to ask who Don Gummer is? Maybe a few people would know without a google search. But If I asked who Meryl Streep is? Everyone on this board would chime in. Well, Don Gummer is Mr Meryl Streep but as in the background as he is, he is successful in his own right and they have been married for a long time. 

laugh out loud, good point. Reminds me of Stedman Graham. Most people do recognize his name because Oprah talks about him quite often but he's gotten plenty of derision over the years for being Mr. Oprah Winfrey since her accomplishments are so great and visible. And JMO, but I feel like there is some element of gender bias in situations like these. 

Because maybe I'm wrong but I feel like there wouldn't be this same reaction if the roles were reversed and it was the Final 1 from the Bachelor season seemingly just supporting the Bachelor. Especially if it had only been a few months after the season wrapped. Especially when you factor that the couple is in the process of trying to settle and meld their lives together.

But because it's a man, there immediately becomes the criticisms of, "well what is he doing? Why isn't he working? She's the one who seems to be doing anything? Is he just walking her dog, etc.?"

OMG, please don't compare our Bryan to Stedman Graham! IMO, Bryan had achieved more than Stedman when he finished his training, years ago.  Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 3806527698   Also, yes gender-bias is in full swing but, anyone who knows anything about men knows Bryan will always have his own failsafe so their ship always sails and stays afloat. He's the caretaker, IMO.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangirl26 Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:59 am

@Chgohighlife I could be wrong but I thought Stedman was a successful businessman before Oprah?And he has a bachelors and master's degree.
Fangirl26
Fangirl26

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:01 am

Kolormiblnd wrote:
lleyki wrote: And JMO, but I feel like there is some element of gender bias in situations like these. 

Why are we (females) okay with men in the driver's seat but when the inverse is the case, we are uncomfortable/hostile? Since you bring this up, when Rachel took Bryan to the Breitling store and they got the watches. I was not on this forum then, so don't know what the reaction here was. But I was jumping up and down with excitement cheering her on. But, some of my friends (females) thought this was abhorrent and that she was trying to buy his affection; their choice words, I cannot repeat. These are women who have/will fight for their entitlements and speak the equality language we all grew up speaking on a daily basis in their professional lives.

Whut?!? Who wouldn't want to buy the man they love an $8800 watch with ABC's money?? I wasn't here then either but, surely everyone got it, especially when she talked about reminiscing with their grandchildren about it.  gigglingRachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 3806527698

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 79 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

+64
Ash2214
mindless
sdmom
Al
vacayeveryday