SELECT CONTENT

Sophie Monk - Stu Laundy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Discussion

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sophie Monk - Stu Laundy - Bachelorette Australia  - Season 3 - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Sophie Monk - Stu Laundy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Discussion

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Looks like going on the show has definitely revived Sophie's career

JUST six months ago Sophie Monk was struggling to find a reputable gig, now she is one of the hottest names in the Australian media scene.

Today she has been named Who Magazine’s sexiest person of 2017 — Monk is ­certainly back in the spotlight.

Sophie Monk - Stu Laundy - Bachelorette Australia  - Season 3 - Discussion - Page 3 A50717bb1a33236f80bbdce02d3cb497?width=366
source

Sophie's IG post
Sophie Monk - Stu Laundy - Bachelorette Australia  - Season 3 - Discussion - Page 3 23099141_140621679997948_5735458198471573504_n
IG sophiemonk
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Sophie Monk - Stu Laundy - Bachelorette Australia  - Season 3 - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Sophie Monk - Stu Laundy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Discussion

Post by AEF Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:17 pm

Stu doing more media:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/hook-ups-break-ups/do-these-pictures-prove-sophie-monk-and-stu-laundy-are-together/news-story/3fb886414425447229466c360ecb1f78

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:03 pm

IMO someone needs to get Stu and Sophie together and get them to agree on their stories. The Woman's Day publish a story that is an interview with the couple. The article states Sophie and Stu have spoken about getting married and eloping and they have also talked about a family and wanting a boy (who Sophie wants to name Diesel)  Source

Yet in the news.com.au  article Stu says they haven't had time to talk about marriage or children no idea
And as far as the photos that prove Stu and Sophie are together. I'm sorry but the back of a wavy blonde haired woman is not proof enough for me.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:36 pm

Here's the full Stu article. I think he is trying to address some of the points he has not expressed so eloquently the past few weeks. IMO this is about his kids. It must be difficult for them not having met their father's girlfriend but seeing them together in the media and reading the interviews.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/the-bachelorette-2017-stu-laundys-exclusive-saturday-telegraph-interview/news-story/860a3348a9e5c901350df1a8284b81b3

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:37 am

AEF wrote:Here's the full Stu article.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/the-bachelorette-2017-stu-laundys-exclusive-saturday-telegraph-interview/news-story/860a3348a9e5c901350df1a8284b81b3

Anyone with a subscription care to give some details on this article? Thanks!
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:41 am

Here is the article:
BACHELORETTE winner Stu Laundy says he and Sophie Monk have no plans for the future, other than taking time to get to know each other.

Despite Monk having declared she’s ready to start a family with the publican, Laundy is taking it slowly.

Since the 44-year-old won Monk’s heart on the hit reality show, the couple have been the subject of gossip ranging from a secret wedding and twin pregnancy to infidelity and a messy breakup.

In a wideranging interview, the son of legendary multi-millionaire pub owner Arthur and brother of Liberal politician Craig spoke exclusively to The Saturday Telegraph to set the record straight about his marriage breakdown, being treated for depression and his Botox use.

“Realistically, in simple terms I have been dating Soph for a couple of months,” he said.

“What sort of couple who have been dating that long get asked walking down the street about kids, marriage, the future? It is very early days. There are no future plans, we are just a couple starting out in a relationship and very happy with each other. It is a pressure cooker. You need a little perspective.

“At the moment we are living in Sydney in a hotel and next week I think we are going to the Gold Coast.”

PAST REPUTATION

Monk chose Laundy from more than 20 hopefuls in the latest season of Channel Ten’s latest series of The Bachelorette. He was always the favourite despite still being married, having four daughters and having had a vasectomy years before.

Laundy has a reputation for being a ladies’ man and was regarded for a long time as one of Sydney’s most eligible bachelors.

While admitting he is “a work in progress”, he insists he is a one-woman man.

“Yes, I love Sophie. I certainly didn’t going into the show,” Laundy explained.

“No matter what people are writing, the truth is we met for a 10-minute period about a year ago when she was supposed to come on my boat and didn't
“The laughter and banter we had for that 10 minutes was enough for me to go against basically my kids at the time, and I know my ex-wife and her side of the family probably thought I was the biggest idiot of all time.

“I jeopardised a lot of stuff going on that show and I am very happy I went on because I’ve felt a love I haven’t felt for 20 years. The last time I felt this kind of love was with (ex) Rachel.”

Scepticism about the couple’s relationship wasn’t helped by their awkward first television interview on The Project the night following the finale.

Viewers criticised the pair for having little chemistry and for appearing distant.

The truth to that, Laundy says, is an exhausting day full of media, something he isn’t used to.

“We were up at 4am that day. Before we went on The Project they ran through (runner-up) Jarrod being bloopered on the show, then a prerecorded interview about his heart being smashed to smithereens and then we get thrown straight into the live show.

“It just felt like we were being thrown to the lions and I know Sophie was extremely upset for poor Jarrod, she is such a decent human being. I know it is part of the show but it is heartbreaking to see someone come second so we weren’t in high spirits.”

Plus, Laundy felt panellist Meshel Laurie took a number of cheap shots.

“Pretty much off the get-go, that woman shot me down. She talked about what Sophie was looking for and then basically said on live TV how completely wrong I am.

“It didn’t seem very nice to me.”

Of his reputation for being “cocky” and overly confident, Laundy says he tries to see the funny things in life and drew a comparison between himself and Ricky Gervais’ sense of humour.

“I am just a larrikin. I love a laugh and it probably comes across sometimes as arrogant but you’ll find I take the piss out of myself more than anything else.”

FACING HIS DEMONS

Laundy is father to four young daughters from his marriage to Rachel, which ended in November 2013, and signalled the start of a downward spiral that made him face his demons.

One of the rumours Laundy wants addressed is the suggestion he went to rehab for drugs and alcohol.

In fact, he says, he spent two weeks in treatment for stress, anxiety and anger management.

“She (Rachel) asked me, for the sake of our marriage, to go to a facility,” he recalled of the treatment that gave him “some pretty handy building blocks” in life.

“The facility had all sorts but for me it was a mixture of stress and anger management. I am not really an angry guy but we had a testing three years prior, heavy workload and work commitments for me and, I guess, a stressful marriage, young children, for me it was more depression when I was inside.”

He continued: “I absolutely suffered depression. I am far from perfect. The stupid, funny situations I’ve found myself in life, I am a little bit the clown of the family and the mischief I get myself up to is good for laughs. I am a work in progress, there’s no doubt about it.”

Laundy has made no secret of the fact he tried for a long time to get back together with his ex.

Now, though, he says they’ll never rekindle what they had but is optimistic they will be “great friends” one day.

“We are almost there,” he said. “I have got a very wealthy father and it has been testing, the financial settlement side of it, but it is almost done and I can sense my relationship coming good. Hopefully we will be great friends because she is the best mother I have ever seen and we have got the best kids I have ever seen ... I am fairly biased.”

BACHELOR LIFE

There’s been several rumours of Laundy’s womanising ways, even before his appearance on The Bachelorette.

Laundy again puts that down to his breakup and is forthcoming that he had a couple of years post-marriage where he “drank too much and dated too much”.

“I had two years of pretty solid dating. I call them my idiot years. I dated a lot but just couldn’t find anyone I was clicking with.”

He continued: “My friends treated me as a project and wanted me to find happiness by setting me up with all of their mutual friends. I stood up last New Year’s Eve and told my closest friends ‘I am taking a break from dating’. This year has been that break basically. Sophie’s show came up and it was the first time I’ve dated in a long time.”

BOTOX BOOST

One of the more humorous discussion points Laundy has seen about himself has been around plastic surgery.

For the first time he admits he had Botox before The Bachelorette but says he was simply a “crash-test dummy” for a mate’s beauty clinic.

“We went and got a few injections. It was something stupid friends do on the drink and right now you are seeing the back end of that on my forehead. It is a juvenile boys’ story.”

Any further Botox or other enhancements are unlikely. “No, mate, it is not something traditionally that a westie publican would do.”

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:10 am

Norcalgal wrote:
AEF wrote:Here's the full Stu article.

Anyone with a subscription care to give some details on this article? Thanks!

Sorry I got into it this morning but am unable to now

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:05 pm

@Enough Thank you! I appreciate Stu even more and understand his comment about Sophie helping put him back together. A good relationship is a foundation for a good life. I think they have a good shot!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by stoneleigh Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:00 pm

They have been together constantly since the show finished. *IMO* There are photos all over the place of them looking very much together.

Publicly there are these...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5041349/The-Bachelorette-s-Sophie-Monk-Stu-Laundy-share-kiss.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5049009/Sophie-Monk-Stu-Laundy-share-kiss-boozy-dinner.html

Privately I have seen some photos of them and heard some first hand accounts from people who know them really well.

Browny (the radio guy who said Sophie has a different boyfriend) was talking about Simon Potts. There is a rumour that Sophie was getting close to him before she went into the house and wanted him to come on the show but he didn't. No idea how true that is but it was all before she went on the show anyway.

The media also tracked down Jan (the lady on Sophie's Instagram)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5041925/Bachelorette-Instagram-Jan-video-Sophie-Monk.html

Em Rusciano and Kate Langbroek wouldn't have a clue what's going on with Sophie *IMO*. I think Em is just jumping on the bandwagon to get her popularity up because she's tanking... badly. Hughesy doesn't agree with Kate and they saw the same things in the same interview. I think Kate had a pre-conceived idea of who Stu was and was never going to give an inch.

I have no idea why someone like Stu Laundy would 'pretend' to be in a relationship he wasn't in. *IMO* He doesn't want that kind of attention and he loves his kids too much. It's a head scratcher for sure.

stoneleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:40 pm

@stoneleigh appreciate the news on Soph & Stu!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:47 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/11/06/sophie-monk-gets-real-with-lisa-wilkinson-about-social-media-standing-up-for-herself-and-the-bachelorette_a_23267637/

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:18 am

Above article has video which is long but interesting its an interview with Lisa Wilkinson. Sophie was attracted to James, Luke, stu, Jarrod and brett. She spoke to Jarrod for 2 hours and has spoken to Luke. James was not alpha enough for her. Under pressure she felt Luke started changing and was more aligned with the guys than her.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sophie Monk - Stu Laundy - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Discussion

+12
iamreal2u
Enough
Sprite
stoneleigh
AEF