SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Page 31 of 80 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 31 Empty Re: Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:54 pm

Didn't he hug Catie in front of her family too?? I truely think that the fact that Chris never said goodbye to Lyndsey's family after seeing him say goodbye to the other two, is very significant.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10794

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 31 Empty Re: Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Sprite Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:08 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:Didn't he hug Catie in front of her family too??  I truely think that the fact that Chris never said goodbye to Lyndsey's family after seeing him say goodbye to the other two, is very significant.

Yes, he did. In fact the two goodbyes were very similar...almost identical...same arm around the neck, hug, goodbye on the drive. I thought it was a little weird but then Chris has been spewing out the same stuff to everyone so I guess this isn't all that different.

I would really like to know how the goodbye with Lyndsay's family went. It could be one of those things that they cut out because it doesn't fit with the edited story line. We know that in the past HTDs have been edited to seem as if things went badly, but in fact they weren't all that bad. TPTB just selectively edited what to show. Something similar may have happened here. Perhaps they managed to smooth thing over somewhat, so the goodbye wasn't as acrimonious as the rest of the visit was made to seem, so didn't fit the drama they wanted to create?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:59 pm

Sprite wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:Didn't he hug Catie in front of her family too??  I truely think that the fact that Chris never said goodbye to Lyndsey's family after seeing him say goodbye to the other two, is very significant.

Yes, he did. In fact the two goodbyes were very similar...almost identical...same arm around the neck, hug, goodbye on the drive. I thought it was a little weird but then Chris has been spewing out the same stuff to everyone so I guess this isn't all that different.

I would really like to know how the goodbye with Lyndsay's family went. It could be one of those things that they cut out because it doesn't fit with the edited story line. We know that in the past HTDs have been edited to seem as if things went badly, but in fact they weren't all that bad. TPTB just selectively edited what to show. Something similar may have happened here. Perhaps they managed to smooth thing over somewhat, so the goodbye wasn't as acrimonious as the rest of the visit was made to seem, so didn't fit the drama they wanted to create?
I am really wondering if in fact the family didn't come out to say goodbye to Chris cause in fact they knew he wasn't leaving and it was just a ploy. Meanwhile, I wonder as well is if this escaped the producers thoughts until it was too late to do anything about it. True with past HTD's. Also as said above somewhere....wonder if this will fall along the same lines of other F1 htd's of the past....edited to look like a disaster and yet it ran really smooth, all just to fit the edited story they were wanting to tell.

IMO, we are seeing more of the editing tricks here and it's really to hide just how well things actually went between chris and the family. Guess they had to do something to counteract how well the HTD had been going between Chris and Lyndsey in their private time together.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:04 pm

Sprite wrote:

@Sprite, what were your thoughts on Mikaela's HTD? Do you think there was the same connection there between them? I know I saw someone that wasn't really being affectionate with her...or at least not as much as he had been up till now. Then count in the fact that her HTD was second, as per my post here: https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t4595p348-bachelor-canada-season-3-chris-leroux-episode-discussion-sleuthing-spoilers-2#1265871

do we think that maybe Chris new that he was either going to choose Lyndsey or at least hedging that way??

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:14 pm

As a seasoned viewer, I’ve found that the edit, in hindsight, tells what went on during filming and explains either why the couple will either be successful at least for awhile ... or why they’ll fail.

The impression I’ve gotten so far is that Chris has fallen for Lindsey to the point of even saying he loved her and she’s the one he wants despite her age and family. Now that doesn’t mean she’s his F1, he could decide to play it safe and choose the girl he likes a lot. BUT if that’s the route he does go, the edit is explaining why him and Mik will fail as his heart isn’t really in and to be honest, she doesn’t seem that in to him ... not like Lindsey is, anyway.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:31 pm

It's true....lately I am thinking that he and Mikaela are going through the motions as they all know that the show must go on and that they all have jobs to do. IMO, he's so far gone in Lyndsey that even Mikaela must of known it.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:04 am

Finally got the chance to watch episode 8.  

I don't see anyone other than Lyndsey as F1.  Her edit is textbook F1, IMO.  She got the emotional connection of the bit with her grandpa, and then the difficult/disapproving family.  This is CLASSIC F1, IMO! I feel the family drama was 100% manufactured to create obstacles/tension/doubt.  I think the sisters were acting the whole time (and not even convincingly, IMO).

Mikaela sounded to me like she was reading a script.  I agree with what @Aunties_Love said above about it feeling like she's going through the motions.  Her declaration of love did not feel genuine to me.  She still reminds me of a schoolgirl with a crush.  In fact, a schoolgirl who had a crush but now she's over it but she has to pretend she still likes him until school's out and then she's going to hook up with someone else (*cough Dean cough*).  

IMO she saw the writing on the wall and just decided to make the most out of it, having her Mum gushing compliments about her on the show, milking SM publicity for her fashion business.  IMO her flirtatious comments about Chris slapping her on the bum etc are because she was never that emotionally invested in him the first place and she's just having fun with it.  That's how I see it.

Catie had become nothing but comic relief, IMO. I'm glad she went before she embarrassed herself any further.  I'm sure she's OTT and kooky in real life, but IMO TPTB emphasised this more and more as the series wore on and she ended up looking like a bit of a nutcase.  I believe the journal was manufactured to make her date more interesting (surely she would have mentioned the Chris name connection earlier, if it were true...?)

Catie and Mikaela's HTDs felt very similar to me - pleasant and polite but nothing special.  They both came across as confident, both said they could see themselves with Chris forever, both thought Chris was "their person".  Historically, this kind of self assurance does not suggest F1, IMO. It indicates they are ripe and ready for F2 heartbreak. Lyndsey with her (IMO faked) family drama is the only one I see getting the F1 edit.

IMO, Lyndsey is F1.  If she's NOT F1, I think Chris wanted her to be.  Whether something went down behind the scenes and she backed out at the last minute, or something else happened off-camera, I don't know, but at this stage I am thinking either Reality Steve has got it wrong, or if Mikaela is F1, something happened with Lyndsey and she was picked by default.  JMO.

ETA: Did anyone else notice THIS?  One of the major sponsor's ads emblazoned all over Lyndsey and Chris' date?  I didn't see their ad play over footage of either of the other girls.  I might have missed it (I was watching and doing housework at the same time - yay for laptops) but I didn't see it.  

Lyndsey's dress and Chris' top even matches the colour scheme of the ad!  This is no accident IMO and being associated with the major sponsor is like a flashing neon "F1" sign, IMO (recall Viarni in her Colgate red dress, anyone who watched Bach NZ)

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 31 ISiKttc
Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 31 HPEhAGP

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:36 am

Bobette wrote:Finally got the chance to watch episode 8.  

I don't see anyone other than Lyndsey as F1.  Her edit is textbook F1, IMO.  She got the emotional connection of the bit with her grandpa, and then the difficult/disapproving family.  This is CLASSIC F1, IMO! I feel the family drama was 100% manufactured to create obstacles/tension/doubt.  I think the sisters were acting the whole time (and not even convincingly, IMO).

Mikaela sounded to me like she was reading a script.  I agree with what @Aunties_Love said above about it feeling like she's going through the motions.  Her declaration of love did not feel genuine to me.  She still reminds me of a schoolgirl with a crush.  In fact, a schoolgirl who had a crush but now she's over it but she has to pretend she still likes him until school's out and then she's going to hook up with someone else (*cough Dean cough*).  

IMO she saw the writing on the wall and just decided to make the most out of it, having her Mum gushing compliments about her on the show, milking SM publicity for her fashion business.  IMO her flirtatious comments about Chris slapping her on the bum etc are because she was never that emotionally invested in him the first place and she's just having fun with it.  That's how I see it.

Catie had become nothing but comic relief, IMO. I'm glad she went before she embarrassed herself any further.  I'm sure she's OTT and kooky in real life, but IMO TPTB emphasised this more and more as the series wore on and she ended up looking like a bit of a nutcase.  I believe the journal was manufactured to make her date more interesting (surely she would have mentioned the Chris name connection earlier, if it were true...?)

Catie and Mikaela's HTDs felt very similar to me - pleasant and polite but nothing special.  They both came across as confident, both said they could see themselves with Chris forever, both thought Chris was "their person".  Historically, this kind of self assurance does not suggest F1, IMO. It indicates they are ripe and ready for F2 heartbreak.  Lyndsey with her (IMO faked) family drama is the only one I see getting the F1 edit.

IMO, Lyndsey is F1.  If she's NOT F1, I think Chris wanted her to be.  Whether something went down behind the scenes and she backed out at the last minute, or something else happened off-camera, I don't know, but at this stage I am thinking either Reality Steve has got it wrong, or if Mikaela is F1, something happened with Lyndsey and she was picked by default.  JMO.

ETA: Did anyone else notice THIS?  One of the major sponsor's ads emblazoned all over Lyndsey and Chris' date?  I didn't see their ad play over footage of either of the other girls.  I might have missed it (I was watching and doing housework at the same time - yay for laptops) but I didn't see it.  

Lyndsey's dress and Chris' top even matches the colour scheme of the ad!  This is no accident IMO and being associated with the major sponsor is like a flashing neon "F1" sign, IMO (recall Viarni in her Colgate red dress, anyone who watched Bach NZ)

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 31 ISiKttc
Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 31 HPEhAGP

Source

I just watched the episode too and agree with everything you wrote.  All the talk from Chris and the families is just blah,blah,blah and means very little. A lot of it is scripted and edited and taking clues from all that verbosity is ridiculous IMO.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by 4health Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:16 am

Well, I am here making my once in a while post during the final episodes LOL.  I am always reading but gave up on sleuthing for a while now.  But, I have to post when my thoughts won't leave my head.  ITA with @Bobette's take on the last episode, she expressed it much better then I would have.  

This series has editing tricks all over the place IMO.  When there is so much editing going on it means to me that they aren't showing the true story.  The only story that is being really edited is the story they are manipulating.  So, I have been thinking Lyndsey F1 for awhile and can't wait to see it to the end.  

So, as I watched this last episode it seemed to me that it could have been possible Lyndsey's name was actually called first at the RC.  This is the screenshot of Mik when Catie's shocked look.  Mik has no rose.  You can't see Lyndsey's hand but IMO she has a rose because she had her hands behind her back at the beginning.

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 31 Screen10

Catie ....no Mik by her?  

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 31 Screen11

Then after the roses are called out you see Lyndsey's hands still no rose showing but Mik with the rose holding in properly and you see the girls looking at Catie so you know RC is done.
So IMO Mik was called second.  

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 31 Screen12

Tbtp wants the audience to believe that Chris was thinking about saying goodbye to Lyndsey because of her family.  IMO
Also, a thought as to why Catie was so shocked (besides her not being in reality) she knew Lyndsey had a strong connection but she never thought Mik would get the rose over her.  IMO

4health

Female Posts : 1493

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:03 am

Bobette wrote:Finally got the chance to watch episode 8.  

Catie and Mikaela's HTDs felt very similar to me - pleasant and polite but nothing special.  They both came across as confident, both said they could see themselves with Chris forever, both thought Chris was "their person".  Historically, this kind of self assurance does not suggest F1, IMO. It indicates they are ripe and ready for F2 heartbreak.  Lyndsey with her (IMO faked) family drama is the only one I see getting the F1 edit.

Source
Totally agree @Bobette I noticed the sponsor ads draped over their time together and have noticed it before on other times that they have spent together.  Before, I just thought it was the "ad timing" versus planned, but IMO, it's happened way too many times now to dismiss it.

Regarding your other thoughts on the HTD's, I totally agree  Mikaela and Catie's dates were fine, but no real connection or substance IMO.  With Lyndsey's as you say, it's classic F1 edit.  IMO, the age card kind of ran it's course so they(producers) had to introduce another obstacle to keep the suspense up.

@4health some really good points made. I didn't even catch that when it was aired. I haven't re-watched the episode yet, but maybe I should. LOL. I did notice though that the affection that Chris gave Mikaela was no where near what it was before. IMO, it's cause Chris knew that the HTD with Lyndsey went really well and IMO, he knew that he was going to choose Lyndsey at the end therefore, IMO, he was starting to distance himself from her.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by tatladylu Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:56 am

@Bobette ,

I very much agree with your post.

Re: Mikaela seems like a school girl with a crush

On several occasions,bwhen Mikaela stands in front of Chris prior to being asked if she would accept a rose, I've noticed that she bobs up and down with a giddy smile. Given that there are girls being eliminated at each rose ceremony (and some who are friends with her), it does appear, to me, to be inappropriate for that time, no?I noticed this specifically when Jessie and Stacey were eliminated.

Contrast that to Lyndsey who, on several occasions, seems somber when her name is called and gives Chris a smile, when accepting the rose just to reassure him. To me, she understands the gravity of the situation for the other girls. Very mature, Lyndsey ! Smiley

I don't know if it's me but that's what I've noticed.

tatladylu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:04 am

mmmm does Lindsey understand the gravity of the situation? really???

THIS is IMO way more heartless when she is returning to her place with her roe.... knowing that 1 or 2 girls are waiting to be called

just saying

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 31 54654619

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 31 65465410
my sc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 80 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

+29
Jennifer
Pinkgirl
ReneeM
Norcalgal
timfan
notarose
Diana
mercieme
4health
northernviewer
Brill