SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Page 44 of 81 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 62 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 44 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by Rolly Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:45 am

Bet2Win wrote:@XQZME, is this public record?  If not, I need to delete, we don't post private information about the contestants family members.
It is a public record that he was relieved of his duties and a link was posted here. @umngirl may have posted it? no idea Does anyone else remember?

Last edited by Rolly on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 44 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by Bet2Win Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:46 am

Rolly wrote:
Bet2Win wrote:@XQZME, is this public record?  If not, I need to delete, we don't post private information about the contestants family members.
It is a public record that he was relieved of his duties and a link was posted here. @umgirl may have posted it? no idea Does anyone else remember?

Was the reason published ?
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by XQZME Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:57 am

@Bet2Win ...

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Stennis-No-2-Officer-Relieved-of-Duty---.html

...i will modify my post.  When you are reprimanded like Lauren's dad was, your military career is over.  He wasn't forcibly retired, but his flying career was over.  As an O-5, he probably had at least 20yrs, so he retired later that year.  There are articles online that state he retired a few months after he was reassigned to a desk job.  
***Edited by Bet2Win
XQZME
XQZME

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:00 am

After doing a search, all of the articles I read indicated that the details are not being released due to privacy issues. No where did I see anything published about why. Will edit the op.

Thanks, Rolly for the info you provided.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:02 am

Bet2Win wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:I always like guys who showered. GO figure. hehehe

Wait a minute.  I must have missed something.  Do tell.  laugh out loud

1F said in an interview that he washed his hair only once every 2 weeks, or some other ungodly number.  

No wonder he's got such thick hair! Whatever works for him. :gotcha:
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by chi-girl Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:05 am

Lucas15 wrote:
grace8136 wrote:OT, Why are people saying Arie has enough money for this or that? Does truck racing pay much? About how much would he have gotten from that 2nd place win he just got in AU? I figured he got into real estate because he needed more money. I don't care, but I wonder if they'll sell his condo and buy a house and if so, about what he'd have to spend on one. I know, not my business, but I'm so curious. laugh out loud I love Scottsdale, but I'd have a hard time finding a house to buy there. The architecture style, especially the flat roof pueblo style is not my thing.

Arie Jr. is worth millions of dollars on his own, according to Celebrity Net Worth. The site pegs Arie Jr.’s net worth at about $4 million. Arie Jr. owns a beautiful house in Arizona, where his parents also live. GoBnakingRate also put Arie Jr.’s net worth at $4 million.
source

There's also his real estate activity:

Professional Racing Driver turned Realtor! Made my career negotiating with best in racing world and now applying my skill set in Real Estate. I have a great team behind me and one of the top producing offices in the Scottsdale area.  13+ Million in sales in 2017.
source

I'm reading that he sold over $13 million in real estate as the actual value of the homes he sold.  Not how much he made.

A real estate agent typically makes 6% per sale and has to split that with the other agent.  So that would be 3% of $13 million.  However, the listing agency he works for (so Remax or Century21 for example)  also gets a big chunk of what he brings in.  The more you bring into the agency, the lower the amount that the "firm" takes from you.  So hypothetically speaking the firm takes 30% of that amount (I've seen lower and higher amounts and it's impossible to really know.)

If you do the math...$13Million *.06 (Broker Commission) * .50 (since you have to split it) * .70 (amount you keep of what you split after you give your piece to the firm you work for, Arie would essentially be making $273,000 per year on real estate.  

I'm not saying that's shabby at all.  It's far more than what I make.  Just trying to clarify that if the article says that he sells $13M in real estate, that's not likely what he brings home.

chi-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by XQZME Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:12 am

@Bet2Win ...apologies for stating more than I should have in my post.
XQZME
XQZME

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:14 am

chi-girl wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:
grace8136 wrote:OT, Why are people saying Arie has enough money for this or that? Does truck racing pay much? About how much would he have gotten from that 2nd place win he just got in AU? I figured he got into real estate because he needed more money. I don't care, but I wonder if they'll sell his condo and buy a house and if so, about what he'd have to spend on one. I know, not my business, but I'm so curious. laugh out loud I love Scottsdale, but I'd have a hard time finding a house to buy there. The architecture style, especially the flat roof pueblo style is not my thing.

Arie Jr. is worth millions of dollars on his own, according to Celebrity Net Worth. The site pegs Arie Jr.’s net worth at about $4 million. Arie Jr. owns a beautiful house in Arizona, where his parents also live. GoBnakingRate also put Arie Jr.’s net worth at $4 million.
source

There's also his real estate activity:

Professional Racing Driver turned Realtor! Made my career negotiating with best in racing world and now applying my skill set in Real Estate. I have a great team behind me and one of the top producing offices in the Scottsdale area.  13+ Million in sales in 2017.
source

I'm reading that he sold over $13 million in real estate as the actual value of the homes he sold.  Not how much he made.

A real estate agent typically makes 6% per sale and has to split that with the other agent.  So that would be 3% of $13 million.  However, the listing agency he works for (so Remax or Century21 for example)  also gets a big chunk of what he brings in.  The more you bring into the agency, the lower the amount that the "firm" takes from you.  So hypothetically speaking the firm takes 30% of that amount (I've seen lower and higher amounts and it's impossible to really know.)

If you do the math...$13Million *.06 (Broker Commission) * .50 (since you have to split it) * .70 (amount you keep of what you split after you give your piece to the firm you work for, Arie would essentially be making $273,000 per year on real estate.  

I'm not saying that's shabby at all.  It's far more than what I make.  Just trying to clarify that if the article says that he sells $13M in real estate, that's not likely what he brings home.

$273,000 isn't anything to sneeze at...especially in Arizona where the cost of housing and living is relatively low compared to the likes of Calif or New York. Everything from taxes, food, insurance, to gasoline prices a lot lower than where I live.

Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:16 am

XQZME wrote:@Bet2Win ...apologies for stating more than I should have in my post.

@XQZME No worries.  bestbud!
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by summerdayze Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:55 am

Lauren seems pretty well off. Well her family anyway. Probably not in the league of Rachel's or Caila's families, but they certainly seem above average. JMO.

summerdayze

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:52 am

Lucas15 wrote:
grace8136 wrote:Thanks Lucas, but I just don't understand how they come up with these numbers.

According to this source:

The [CelebrityNetWorth] site calculates net worth by "applying a proprietary algorithm" based on publicly available information and using financial analysts to review such results.

CEO Brian Warner has said of their estimates that "If we end up too far off, there is always some kind of backlash. There have been a handful cases when we’ve been proved to be off, and we’ve corrected it.

Just a guess on my part but I would think real estate holdings might figure prominently in the "proprietary algorithm". Ownership, estimated value and tax basis are a matter of public record, and someone owning a $7,000,000 house would be expected to have a greater net worth than someone who owned a $700,000 house. It's only an estimate but may be a good one.

For one celebrity where I did have a pretty good idea of his net worth at the time (multi-millions) I felt the reported amount was reasonably accurate. Sometimes when I see amounts below one million (i.e. a few hundred thousand) I have a question mark in my mind. I figured they include the equity of the celeb's home or homes.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:47 am

Amethyst wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:
grace8136 wrote:Thanks Lucas, but I just don't understand how they come up with these numbers.

According to this source:

The [CelebrityNetWorth] site calculates net worth by "applying a proprietary algorithm" based on publicly available information and using financial analysts to review such results.

CEO Brian Warner has said of their estimates that "If we end up too far off, there is always some kind of backlash. There have been a handful cases when we’ve been proved to be off, and we’ve corrected it.

Just a guess on my part but I would think real estate holdings might figure prominently in the "proprietary algorithm". Ownership, estimated value and tax basis are a matter of public record, and someone owning a $7,000,000 house would be expected to have a greater net worth than someone who owned a $700,000 house. It's only an estimate but may be a good one.

For one celebrity where I did have a pretty good idea of his net worth at the time (multi-millions) I felt the reported amount was reasonably accurate. Sometimes when I see amounts below one million (i.e. a few hundred thousand) I have a question mark in my mind. I figured they include the equity of the celeb's home or homes.

You're right about the equity in homes and other assets, it really doesn't take much to bring a persons net worth in the 2-3 million dollar mark particularly when there is wealth in the older family generation. In regards to Arie I'm not sure how much actual income from racing and real estate he brings in versus his net of daddy's money but he's probably comfortable enough. The real estate figures posted above seem fairly accurate but also he is part of a real estate team which means some of those sales could be from team members themselves and he isn't receiving their commissions. When you look at the travel Arie has done this past year for racing and TB, he's obviously not selling a lot of real estate now so hopefully he has saved some of that money since he hasn't been earning commissions, IMO.
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 81 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 62 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

+86
crunchette
proudmommy50810
LiboLRC
everglow
nikikass