SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Page 79 of 81 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 79 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by SarahD Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:44 pm

Does 365 degree view mean you turned completely around and then some? laugh out loud you

It goes without saying...everything I say is IMO.
SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 79 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by Sprite Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:56 pm

Alanna wrote:
Aria wrote:Daily mail has more totally candid pictures of them. Because don't we all dance, make out, and grab our fiancé's butts in the middle of a busy sidewalk? The only nice thing I'll say is Lauren has a great butt. Like Jojo said "I gotta start doing squats!". IMO.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5507027/Arie-Luyendyk-Jr-Lauren-Burnham-kiss-passionately-Barcelona.html
You don’t?? I do!! I make him practice Bollywood numbers every night at home actually so we can bust a move when everyone else breaks into dance too during the am commute. 

Those pics are very in line with what I think of them to me: Arie is a piece of work and Lauren is just along for the ride imo.

roflroflrofl  See, now if they had done something a little different like you guys, I would at least give them an A for effort. Instead, they just trot out every cliché they have ever seen in your standard rom com. They really are basic.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:05 pm

Alanna wrote:@rosefever, I’m not arguing he can’t “date” but that’s just not what’s been going on with him and these women imo. If he treats other women poorly, there’s very little doubt that it’s only a matter of time before his Queen gets a taste of that also imo.

@Iluvbachette, thank you!! Hope you have a fantastic day as well Smiley Our weather is finally feeling spring-y!

Maybe it's just me, but I find it annoying when couples call each other my queen/king. I don't know what it is about that phrase that gets my goat.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:11 pm

@Sprite, I think it’s just a pit stop on the way to the next loving nickname- “my ex.” But that’s jmo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by littlereddress Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:
sosleepy wrote:Your chances of ever getting married decrease substantially after the age of 33 or 34 if you have never been married. Usually if you wait that long, it’s for a good reason. The show shouldn’t cast super young people like Higgins, but Arie (and Nick and Brad and Byron) swing too far in the other direction. Basically at nearing 40 and never been married, there is probs a good reason.

I was 31 and my DH was 38 when we tied the knot.  We are not abnormal people for waiting as we both knew what we were looking for and we were not going to settle for less.  I had dated quite a few people before meeting him, but he was the opposite.  He had his nose stuck in a book for almost 13 years while trying to become a physician.  We will celebrate 13 years of marriage this year.  

That said, I don't think just because Arie is 36 and not married, he is destined to be alone.  I truly hope he has found the love of his life.  Some people don't want to get married and that's fine, but I think Arie really wants to get married and start a family.  Jmho.  

Oh my gosh,yes. I work with docs and a lot of them (the men mostly not the women) wait until they are late 30s to tie the knot. They want to have all their ducks in a row first and the good looking ones know they can date and date and there will always be women. What changes is they tell me they are ready for a family. The women docs will get married in their late 20s early 30s and even have babies during their residency. I notice this pattern. I think dudes circle the airport as long as they can when they have the opportunity to date many women and finally land when they feel they found the one.

If Arie always had it in his mind that the bachelor opportunity would come and he would be presented with some incredible women to choose from plus the experience of it all, he was the right age and the women made him feel the way he wanted to feel he could finally choose. Physical chemistry and butterflies seem to be very important to Arie and IMO that was what missing from Becca and he had it in spades with Lauren. I think he thought he could do without it but he needed to find someone he had physical chemistry with as well as the emotional. Some of his interviews alluded to the fact that he thought he could put that aside but for him it is necessary. For others it is not as important (I think women more so then men - they will go for the man who is good on paper). Becca is stunning but they seem to have more of a brother/sister type of vibe to them. They even looked alike. All my opinion.

littlereddress

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:47 pm

I don’t really understand the description, basic, as it relates to couples’s actions.  Is that synonymous with boring?  Is it the opposite of clever and entertaining?  

I think Arie’s and Lauren’s public actions post show are pretty sweet and loving.  Is that basic?  I see the same thing when I look at the post ATFR, pre-wedding actions of my other favorite couple from this show, Des and Chris.

They probably won’t win any awards for being the most clever couple to watch, but from what I’ve seen so far, they look genuinely happy and in love to me.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:07 pm

Alanna wrote:@Sprite, I think it’s just a pit stop on the way to the next loving nickname- “my ex.” But that’s jmo.

cantstopl
Touché

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:31 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
sosleepy wrote:Your chances of ever getting married decrease substantially after the age of 33 or 34 if you have never been married. Usually if you wait that long, it’s for a good reason. The show shouldn’t cast super young people like Higgins, but Arie (and Nick and Brad and Byron) swing too far in the other direction. Basically at nearing 40 and never been married, there is probs a good reason.

Byron was divorced when he was the bachelor and is married again now. Granted that is only 25% of the over 35s having relationship “success”.

Didn’t realize. Having been married previously and divorced takes him out of contention for the statistic I mentioned though. It was people who have never been married ... odds of marrying ever once you hit your mid 30s starts to decline rapidly.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:00 pm

littlereddress wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:

I was 31 and my DH was 38 when we tied the knot.  We are not abnormal people for waiting as we both knew what we were looking for and we were not going to settle for less.  I had dated quite a few people before meeting him, but he was the opposite.  He had his nose stuck in a book for almost 13 years while trying to become a physician.  We will celebrate 13 years of marriage this year.  

That said, I don't think just because Arie is 36 and not married, he is destined to be alone.  I truly hope he has found the love of his life.  Some people don't want to get married and that's fine, but I think Arie really wants to get married and start a family.  Jmho.  

Oh my gosh,yes.  I work with docs and a lot of them (the men mostly not the women) wait until they are late 30s to tie the knot.  They want to have all their ducks in a row first and the good looking ones know they can date and date and there will always be women.  What changes is they tell me they are ready for a family.  The women docs will get married in their late 20s early 30s and even have babies during their residency.   I notice this pattern.   I think dudes circle the airport as long as they can when they have the opportunity to date many women and finally land when they feel they found the one.  

If Arie always had it in his mind that the bachelor opportunity would come and he would be presented with some incredible women to choose from plus the experience of it all, he was the right age and the women made him feel the way he wanted to feel he could finally choose.  Physical chemistry and butterflies seem to be very important to Arie and IMO that was what missing from Becca and he had it in spades with Lauren.  I think he thought he could do without it but he needed to find someone he had physical chemistry with as well as the emotional.   Some of his interviews alluded to the fact that he thought he could put that aside but for him it is necessary.  For others it is not as important (I think women more so then men - they will go for the man who is good on paper).  Becca is stunning but they seem to have more of a  brother/sister type of vibe to them.  They even looked alike.  All my opinion.

Oh my goodness. Of course, like of course there are going to be exceptions and there are people who get married later in life. Like obviously. I’m just repeating a study I heard a few months ago, that generally, generally your odds of marriage begin to decline substantially after hitting a certain age if you have never been married  - in your mid 30s, and continue to decrease every year. Will Arie be an exception? Idk. I’m not freaking Nostradamous. I’m just saying... he’s 36 and has never seriously committed to anyone. That’s probably not by accident, so the odds aren’t looking good for him. Statisitically, a young guy in his early 20s has stronger odds of getting married than he does. 

Will he be the exception and get married? Sure. Why not? Maybe. Who knows? Who cares? 

JMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:06 pm

@sosleepy Quite a few of the MDs in training found spouses in medical school. 

I find those with longer educational training times do seem to be single later on then lots of their undergrad colleagues. Since this applies to exactly 2 of the 22 bachelors and none of the over 35 group, big deal. IMO.

If anything, bar owner, sales person/wannabe actor, and race truck driver/realtor are all fields where you can meet women and many NASCAR drivers are married. So they keep choosing Peter Pans as their “mature” bachelors. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:08 pm

sosleepy wrote:
littlereddress wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:

Oh my gosh,yes.  I work with docs and a lot of them (the men mostly not the women) wait until they are late 30s to tie the knot.  They want to have all their ducks in a row first and the good looking ones know they can date and date and there will always be women.  What changes is they tell me they are ready for a family.  The women docs will get married in their late 20s early 30s and even have babies during their residency.   I notice this pattern.   I think dudes circle the airport as long as they can when they have the opportunity to date many women and finally land when they feel they found the one.  

If Arie always had it in his mind that the bachelor opportunity would come and he would be presented with some incredible women to choose from plus the experience of it all, he was the right age and the women made him feel the way he wanted to feel he could finally choose.  Physical chemistry and butterflies seem to be very important to Arie and IMO that was what missing from Becca and he had it in spades with Lauren.  I think he thought he could do without it but he needed to find someone he had physical chemistry with as well as the emotional.   Some of his interviews alluded to the fact that he thought he could put that aside but for him it is necessary.  For others it is not as important (I think women more so then men - they will go for the man who is good on paper).  Becca is stunning but they seem to have more of a  brother/sister type of vibe to them.  They even looked alike.  All my opinion.

Oh my goodness. Of course, like of course there are going to be exceptions and there are people who get married later in life. Like obviously. I’m just repeating a study I heard a few months ago, that generally, generally your odds of marriage begin to decline substantially after hitting a certain age if you have never been married  - in your mid 30s, and continue to decrease every year. Will Arie be an exception? Idk. I’m not freaking Nostradamous. I’m just saying... he’s 36 and has never seriously committed to anyone. That’s probably not by accident, so the odds aren’t looking good for him. Statisitically, a young guy in his early 20s has stronger odds of getting married than he does. 

Will he be the exception and get married? Sure. Why not? Maybe. Who knows? Who cares? 

JMO.

I thought those stats were for women...leading to the statement that it is more likely for a woman in her 40's to get killed by a terrorist than get married. speechless
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:08 pm

@sosleepy, I’m crying laugh out loud wish you lived near me so we can go get wine after work and complain about I’m sure our equally hard lives laugh out loud 

And yeah, I think Arie is a statistic too and not a super awesome one.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 79 of 81 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

+86
crunchette
proudmommy50810
LiboLRC
everglow
nikikass