SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Page 46 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 46 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by North Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:24 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I didn't think it was so awful. They're having fun. JMO

At someone else's expense and then broadcasting it to a combined 1 million viewers. While I'm a self-admitted tech geek and closely control my digital footprint, I also don't like that others can exploit me (without my consent) through their own digital channels. The Law always lags behind technology...eventually it will catch up.  

This Arie/Lauren scenario and subsequent discussion reminded me of this story: 'Playboy' Model Sentenced Over Body-Shaming Woman At Gym  While not nearly as extreme, the mocking and invasion of privacy is still there as is the location...

All IMO

North

Back to top Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 46 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:32 pm

I just listened to it a third time. They are laughing. Saying "I can't". The guy they are looking at has his butt practically in the face of another person in back of him. That's what I think they are laughing at. 
I'm sorry. I don't see a horrific crime. They are not calling anyone any derogatory names or making any rude comments other than laughing and saying look at that and I can't. Maybe my audio is cutting off.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:34 pm

While the IG story or their humour (I’m guessing they thought the guy appearing to hump the floor was funny) may not be great examples of maturity, and I totally would not film this myself or agree with it, the one thing I don’t think they’re doing is body shaming, which is more than I can say for many comments I’ve read within the general SM reaction re. Arie’s body and therefore similar body types to his.

Do I like this or think it’s super great and mature? No
Do I think this makes them evil spawns of Satan worth harbouring  anger over? Also no.  All JMO.

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:37 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I just listened to it a third time. They are laughing. Saying "I can't". The guy they are looking at has his butt practically in the face of another person in back of him. That's what I think they are laughing at. 
I'm sorry. I don't see a horrific crime. They are not calling anyone any derogatory names or making any rude comments other than laughing and saying look at that and I can't. Maybe my audio is cutting off.

There’s no one right behind him though. There are people to his right with their backs to him and someone on his left doing a similar exercise.

They’re just being immature a$$holes laughing at someone for no reason. It’s completley unnecessary and an invasion of that poor man’s privacy. JMO

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 46 87b72b10 Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 46 86669110 Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 46 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:39 pm

I am sorry but "I can't" at them acting like they are above people and making fun of them without their approval or consent. Nothing fun or okay about it. Rolling Eyes

JMHO
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:39 pm

But Arie signed up for the show so discussion of him is allowed here, no matter how good or bad or if we agree with it or not.  He opened himself up to/for it by stepping back into MF's world.

Some unsuspecting stranger at the gym did not asked to be filmed and broadcast out to their million combined followers or whatever the number is.

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:40 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I just listened to it a third time. They are laughing. Saying "I can't". The guy they are looking at has his butt practically in the face of another person in back of him. That's what I think they are laughing at. 
While it's not a horrific crime, personally, I think videotaping someone without their permission while laughing at them and then posting it on SM for millions to see, is a pretty mean thing to do.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:41 pm

It is immature as immature as things that go on in any public forums, social media pages etc. 
Like I said, its not something I would have done--filming it. I may have laughed at it. 
I don't see anything close to body shaming etc.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:42 pm

I hate body shaming and go to great lengths to stop it (I always defended Arie against the needle d*ck comments and others mocking his body), but when these assholes are doing what they're doing, I have zero empathy left. I'm going to abide by my take of the golden rule and treat them the way they treat others. Which is with zero consideration of anyone's feelings.

IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by missnana Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:43 pm

Libbie is the perfect match for Arie imo They are meant for each other imo
missnana
missnana

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:46 pm

I'm going to remind everyone once tonight,

We do not discuss politics on the board.  

We are not repeating last nights thread derailment which lead to the thread being locked and major deletions done.  Start down that road again tonight and the thread will simply be locked.

Politics- Discussions involving politics are not allowed. Soliciting a particular party, mentioning a particular party in a positive or negative manner, advertising or trying to sway ones opinions between any parties is not allowed. BachandBachetteFans does not support any particular party.  
Source
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by North Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:49 pm

Kashathediva wrote:It is immature as immature as things that go on in any public forums, social media pages etc. 
Like I said, its not something I would have done--filming it. I may have laughed at it. 
I don't see anything close to body shaming etc.

It isn't for me to say whether Arie & Lauren were body shaming anyone, it really is for the person being filmed to decide whether Arie & Lauren's laughter and comments were shameful, right? Wonder what they would say? IMO

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 63 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

+68
northernviewer
Newto
blueblues
Zaynab
lovebites8727