SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4

Page 11 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4

Post by Aria Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:50 pm

FLChica wrote:Bryan moved for Rachel. Jordan moved for JoJo. Both of those guys were labeled as players, baddies, etc. just like Arie. Guess they each found the right woman. It happens.

Not to derail the thread, but Bryan was labeled a player just because of stereotypes about Miami and Latino men. There was never even a single woman that came forward and said that he was a cheater or a player. Arie, on the other hand, has had Cassie, Guistiana, Courtney, Jenna, Becca, and Sydney all saying the same story. Emily wrote in her book that the reason she dumped his is because she didn't trust him. Jordan cheated on one girlfriend when he was 26. Definitely not ideal, but again, doesn't even come close to the history that Arie has. And he moved for Jojo and proved himself to be invested in that relationship. We haven't seen Arie make any sacrifices. His life is basically the same it was six months ago. He's just replaced blonde girl #1 with blonde girl #2. Right now, there's absolutely nothing indicating Arie has changed except the possibility than he can because somebody knows someone who did. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4

Post by Alanna Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:54 pm

OG Baddy (jo’s laugh out loud) was actually only 24!! Seriously, what bugs about Arie is he cannot admit his mistakes and try to do better. We all make mistakes but it’s the ability to acknowledge them, admit them and then move forward through ACTIONS. All of which Arie totally lacks imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:55 pm

bluwavz wrote:I just honestly don't get what Lauren or any woman sees in him. Like 5 years ago when he was still hot and had sex appeal I could understand it but he looks like a frickin' crusty old geezer now. It floors me this guy is actually younger than Nick and Bryan. All JMO! laugh out loud laugh out loud

I used to think it was the reference of him giving someone the best sex ever. Then I find out, he told that someone to put it in her book. Now I refer to the Romantic Narcissist which seems to answer the questions imo. :yes:

Back to top Go down

Post by sanlee088 Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:00 pm

IMO, it shouldn’t matter one way or the other whether the girl moves for the guy or the guy moves for the girl. Everybody is different and has to do what works best for them. I don’t see how Arie moving for Lauren would make their relationship better, but that’s just me.
sanlee088
sanlee088

Female Posts : 1754

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:03 pm

@Aria  This is one reason why the forum stresses facts of the situation vs the one that posts the loudest and most often is spouting the facts. 
We don't want to be that place.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:08 pm

sanlee088 wrote:IMO, it shouldn’t matter one way or the other whether the girl moves for the guy or the guy moves for the girl. Everybody is different and has to do what works best for them. I don’t see how Arie moving for Lauren would make their relationship better, but that’s just me.

For me it has very little with Arie and Lauren particularly. Just commentary on society in general. We still live in such a patriachial world. And the Bachelor is pretty a$$ backwards in general ... but just another example here ... 35 post show couples. Roughly 40 if you count BIP/Bachelor Pad couples... And only four, FOUR times has the male contingent done the move. Four. That’s pathetic and sad. Just a little side note commentary on this sexist show.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:18 pm

@sosleepy  I wonder if some of that still has to do with unequal gender salaries etc?

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Aria wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
Aria wrote:He literally proposed to another woman like 4.5 months ago, tho.
And that woman will be engaged to another man in about 2-3 weeks. Just saying that is the name of the game with this show. It's not a real life thing. IMO it's what happens after the show.

Sure...but someone said that he never proposed to anyone else and that's simply not true. And, like you said, "it's not real life". This engagement to Lauren isn't anymore real than his engagement to Becca and that's why, IMO, no one is taking it seriously. Pay for the ring yourself, do it after more than 2 months of dating, do it privately, do it without begging for a TV wedding, etc. and if might mean something. IMO.

And let's not forget Lauren asked for that proposal herself when she took him back. That obviously wasn't the real reunion conversation either, since it happened over the phone, so for all we know the ring was a condition of them getting back together in the first place. I mean this is the girl who allegedly demanded a proposal from her previous fiancé as well. I just can't take it seriously at all. Arie already performed one meaningless proposal, so what's a second really? At least he won't have to break up on camera this time. I'll believe they're getting married once they're announced as husband and wife (unless it's on a beach in Mexico). Personally I think the only chance of Lauren becoming Mrs Luyendyk was an ATFR wedding. All JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:40 pm

I think Lauren is desperate enough to do anything to get to the alter. She wants that wedding registry filled . Arie is desperate enough to prove himself . It should be interesting what the next 5 to 8 months brings until that day is upon them and the signing of a prenup. All mo

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:16 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:Holy cow!  How can you remember who moved where and when?  I can't even remember what I had for breakfast.  laugh out loud

I am a scientist, memorizing stuff is part of my life. My husband has an even better memory than me.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Kashathediva wrote:@sosleepy  I wonder if some of that still has to do with unequal gender salaries etc?

I see what you are getting at. Possibly this could be more of a factor in the old days. Now none of them work anyway, and they all become social media influencers. laugh out loud They can “work” from anywhere... and it’s my understanding women actually make more money with add revenue than the dudes.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:
Linds911 wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:

Word!  To me a Bach engagement means, let's date and see if this leads to marriage. Apparently, Arie missed Lauren and realized he made a mistake when he chose Becca.  

Which is what the 3 'ette couples are doing years in with no marriage yet where Arie and Lauren want to get married ASAP. They haven't even had time to hang out in Scottsdale since he's been racing. Yes they went on vacation but let's see what happens when they are home and have to deal with bathroom habits and all that homey stuff. He hardly did that with Becca since he was lying to her and getting ahold on Becca. Rolling Eyes AJMO.

Yes, but Arie isn't 28.  As I have said before, if he wants kids, he better get it in gear.  He isn't getting any younger.   Lauren has time, but his clock is ticking, imho.  How do I know this?  I am an older parent and I will admit, somedays it is tough to keep up with little ones.  They are downright exhausting.  

I know you and your hubby feel this way, but most of my friends with toddlers in their late 30s and early 40s are fine. My dad was 48 when I was born and was a better more active dad then most of my friends or classmates had. My high school classmate and his ten years younger wife have three under five and he is 47 and happy as a clam.

Men make sperm their whole life, even if production slows, so their is no real rush for Arie to be a daddy now. He can wait and Lauren’s got a good decade to a decade and a half. So you know taking a few months to actually live together and be together in the real world isn’t going to keep them from having babies and enjoying them.

All JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #4

+71
biglove44
tigertiz
lightredemption
Cocoasneeze
Imp