SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 4 - June 18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 4 - June  18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 26 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 4 - June 18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Idlemess Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:46 pm

The wedding video did not change my opinion of Garrett. Just because the ex was calm and controlled does not mean she had no emotions or was cold. I looked at her consoling and touching him to mean something much more.
Garrett getting blustery and teary eyes does not mean he was all in and over the moon happy to marry the woman of his dreams (must have meant something) but divorces soon after.

Listen to the vows... words that did not prevent their separation but might explain their personalities and maturity

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 4 - June  18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 26 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 4 - June 18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by ReneeM Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:13 pm

That video didn't swing me one way or another. Garrett being as emotional as he was doesn't automatically mean he definitely did nothing wrong in the marriage and proves his story true, and the ex wife being more reserved with her emotions doesn't automatically mean she was abusive.

Him being as emotional as he was did confuse me a little though. 2 months is a very short marriage, I would think for as invested as his tears would suggest, maybe they would try counselling or something before going to divorce. His retelling on the show seemed like he ended the marriage. 2 months after all those tears and vows seems...abrupt. Not a critique, just an observation. I wonder what was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. All jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:33 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I saw a very loving couple enjoying their wedding day. She comforted him twice during the ceremony to offer support and love. I’m not sure what more she could have done. The video showed a lot of spontaneous interaction.
And I agree, it was eerie how much she and Becca look alike. Eerie.

IA I saw nothing out of the ordinary between any other couple getting married. I've been to countless weddings. The bride is usually the one who keeps it together and the groom often times is teary eyed or all out crying. That vid is one of many that I've watched over the years and I could switch any couple and it's pretty much the same to me.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:33 am

Same here. I saw nothing unusual. It's just odd that he went from such emotionalism on his wedding day to being finished two months later. And yes, his ex does look eerily like Becca.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Nillay Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:58 am

This is the girl that emotionally abused him then
How long did they date before getting married?
Because if they had been dating for a long period of time ...I find it weird that signs of “emotional abuse” started after their wedding and not during the dating/relationship phase

And also do you think he came on the show to persue Becca just because she resembles his ex so much ? Like you basically get the same person but with a different personality
Idk

Nillay

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:02 am

I don’t think this proves his narrative either as just because someone isn’t overly emotional means their abusive but I also don’t think he was faking that love or emotion to get money from her and divorce her as soon as he could like that magazine “friend” claimed. IMO

I think the truth lays somewhere in the middle JMO
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:52 am

Nillay wrote:...I find it weird that signs of  “emotional abuse” started after their wedding and not during the dating/relationship phase...
My sister married a man she dated and was engaged to about the same amount of time as Garrett and his ex. Once they were married the emotional abuse started. He was a completely different person. It happens  JMO

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:32 am

Garrett seems to be very outwardly emotional, almost to the point of being over the top fake (not saying he is, just that he seems "on" all the time, which I personally would find annoying but I guess Becca doesn't), so it doesn't surprise me that he would act very emotional at his wedding as well. I'm not convinced it proves he was more in love and committed than his ex. Whether it was abuse or not, SOMETHING must have changed once they got married for it to end so quickly and with such apparent animosity. Just hope Becca knows the truth whatever it is.

When I made the Jed comparison, I was thinking more about viewer reaction of rooting in vain for her second choice who was the clear fan favorite (although I'm not sure Blake is or will be the fan favorite at this point), and not that Garrett and Ed had anything in common other than getting bad press for some questionable behavior.

Hi, Alanna!! :-)

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:40 am

jen689 wrote:
Nillay wrote:...I find it weird that signs of  “emotional abuse” started after their wedding and not during the dating/relationship phase...
My sister married a man she dated and was engaged to about the same amount of time as Garrett and his ex. Once they were married the emotional abuse started. He was a completely different person. It happens  JMO

Yeah, I remember hearing from someone who works with abuse victims that most abusers tend to up the severity and frequency of the abuse after commitment has been made. Which makes sense to me, as they're going to get worse after they feel the other person is stuck with them and there is nothing they can do to make them leave.

Not saying this is what happened with Garrett and his ex. Just that it's a pretty common occurrence for abuse to get worse with marriage and/or kids. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Relalou Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:47 pm

I know that there has been criticism of G sharing some details on his perspective of the marriage failure, but that is one of the difficult problems this franchise poses: I remember when Jordan didn't want to speak about the problems with his brother publicly but needed to explain to Joelle because he was interested in a future with her and Aaron wasn't going to be there. He tried to share carefully but it made headlines even so.
I guess in these circumstances you have to hope to express enough to be considered forthright with your potential future fiance(e) and not too much to expose things to the media.
No one knows what happens within a marriage to make it succeed or fail, but I wouldn't ever want to dismiss a spouse claiming abuse (male or female, physical or emotional) out of hand.

Relalou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:47 pm

Personally I don't think the ex looks anything like Becca other than the generic brown hair, slim, female.

I also wasn't saying that Garrett being emotional had anything to do with whether his story of abuse was true or not. I was just making the comparison that he was behaving with the ex in the same manner that he seems to be behaving with Becca, hence that is probably just his way...goofy, emotional, somewhat OTT. The ex may be reserved, I don't know, but she certainly acts very differently than he does when it comes to expressing emotions. Now Garrett and Becca both seem to be OTT expressive and very in synch when it comes to that.

My only take away from what I saw of the video was that he was very much in love and I doubt that he married her so that he could then take her for her money two months later. It just piques my interest in what happened. Again does anyone know how soon after the divorce she remarried, because to me that is where the answer may be. JMO

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by North Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:17 pm

Sprite wrote:Personally I don't think the ex looks anything like Becca other than the generic brown hair, slim, female.

I also wasn't saying that Garrett being emotional had anything to do with whether his story of abuse was true or not. I was just making the comparison that he was behaving with the ex in the same manner that he seems to be behaving with Becca, hence that is probably just his way...goofy, emotional, somewhat OTT. The ex may be reserved, I don't know, but she certainly acts very differently than he does when it comes to expressing emotions. Now Garrett and Becca both seem to be OTT expressive and very in synch when it comes to that.

My only take away from what I saw of the video was that he was very much in love and I doubt that he married her so that he could then take her for her money two months later. It just piques my interest in what happened. Again does anyone know how soon after the divorce she remarried, because to me that is where the answer may be. JMO

Where are all the allegations about "taking her money" coming from? Is it the "friend of the ex's" in Life & Style? Was the ex-wife independently wealthy? Or, have some family trust that somehow Garrett was able to get half of?

People do some crazy stuff - especially concerning money - when divorcing, that's for sure!

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 4 - June 18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+69
whit90
Linds911
LiboLRC
nikikass
albean99