SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Garrett Yrigoyen - FAN Forum - #4

Page 69 of 75 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Garrett Yrigoyen - FAN Forum - #4 - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Garrett Yrigoyen - FAN Forum - #4

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:32 am

It's unfortunate there are those who expect to see every second of one's life on SM.

It looks like Garret gave Becca a very sweet birthday considering the situation. Happy belated birthday Becca!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Garrett Yrigoyen - FAN Forum - #4 - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Garrett Yrigoyen - FAN Forum - #4

Post by Sprite Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:28 pm

respect_is_earned wrote:Link

Someone commented negative about Garrett in Caroline's b'day post to Becca and she came out in full force defending G.

carolinelunny
@XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX laugh out loud I just FaceTimed w BOTH of them. They’re just busy enjoying the day. Just because you don’t see things on social media doesn’t mean great things aren’t happening behind the scenes. I had a bf for months before I ever told IG about it

carolinelunny
@XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX wait I just read this.... Garrett treats her like a queen and is going all out for her.... sometimes people just don’t post every second of their life. That’s a nasty thing to say. Garrett is an amazing fiancé.... and he’s doing the best he can given covid circumstances. Be nice and remember there’s more happening behind social media scenes than people realize

Seriously WTF is wrong with people? WTH do people want him to do? He posted a lovely message for her birthday, Becca thanked him and posted pictures of what a nice time they had together. I thought it was lovely and romantic...even more so because of the circumstances. Idiots.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:24 pm

Apparently the comment doesn't follow Garrett closely at all or only sees what she wants to see. Because she apparently wants to see that relationship fail.

Kudos to Caroline for setting her straight.

IMO

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by iampawsitive Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:08 pm

Garrett, winner of Becca’s season of ‘The Bachelorette,’ shares his love of growing up on a farm

In 2018, Minnesota-raised Becca Kufrin embarked on her journey for love as “The Bachelorette” in Season 14 of the hit ABC TV show. Little did she realize she would find love and laughter with avid adventurer and outdoorsman Garrett Yrigoyen (pronounced “Yer-GOY-en”).
At that time, Garrett was working in medical sales in Reno, Nevada, but he grew up on a farm in Manteca, California. His great-grandfather came to the United States from Spain as a sheep herder, and his family history expanded from there, settling into Northern California. Garrett’s father, David, once had a diversified farm of alfalfa, tomatoes, beans, asparagus, and other products, but over time, he discovered his niche for tomato transplanting.

This is where Garrett’s stories of the family farm really come to life. He has so many memories of helping at his dad’s tomato transplanting company, he shared a beautiful story about it on his Instagram page, which has more than 723,000 fans. It’s great to see his public platform used to promote farmers across a broad, non farming audience: Bachelor Nation!
I loved this (Garrett's IG) post so much, I was honored to get a phone interview with Garrett himself (and his father) to talk about how farming made him the man he is today. Through our conversation, I learned about the way he and his siblings helped their Dad with things like planting, irrigating, cultivating, and harvesting. Like a lot of farm kids, they would help move trucks, run the water truck to keep dust down, and manage their time between school, sports, and farm chores.

Garrett fondly describes the taste of fresh, very ripe tomatoes straight from the field — they’d be used for ketchup, processing, and canning, among other things. They’d always keep little salt and pepper packets on hand for the tomatoes, and his dad could gauge how well the crop and yield would be based on acidity and sweetness of them. Garrett and his brother would also sometimes have tomato fights, where they’d throw tomatoes at each other and get so sloppy they’d sometimes have to ride in the back of the truck. Ahh, childhood farm memories.
Family farms often last for generations, and as his father David gets ready to retire, he always encouraged his three children (Garrett is the youngest) to get out there and live life to the fullest and be happy doing what you love.

“Farming is a grind with ups and downs. You have to love where you live,” Garrett says. “Every day is different and being outside is great. It can also be very stressful. I also give my mom a lot of credit.”

His mom does the books for the family business, where Dad is sort of like a “middleman” for tomato growers. He takes the plants when they’re about six inches tall and transplants them into fields for growers. This also cuts down on pesticide use and helps the tomato fields grow more uniformly.
When asking Garrett and David what they feel the biggest misconceptions are with agriculture, they both agree that people really don’t have any idea all the work that goes into producing food. Although workers on farms are generally treated well and paid fairly, finding workers continues to be a struggle. Land values continue to rise, machines are expensive (David builds and sells custom tomato transport equipment), politics and policy continue to make it harder for farms to operate.

Despite all this, they wouldn’t change it for the world.

“Farmers are gamblers, you could risk it all. But it instills a hard work ethic where you learn from your failures,” Garrett says. “You’re up before the sun and go to bed after it’s down. It shapes you, where you appreciate the little things and don’t take anything for granted.”

To bring fans of the show up to speed, Becca and Garrett are still together and doing well in their home in Carlsbad, California. They’re happily engaged but taking their time before getting married. Check out a couple more of their videos together on the show and watch their love unfold. Garrett was the recipient of the “first impression rose,” and, clearly, Becca has good taste in “picking” a man with his roots planted in agriculture.

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Garrett Yrigoyen - FAN Forum - #4 - Page 69 Inset-10

Source: https://www.agdaily.com/features/garrett-winner-of-beccas-season-of-the-bachelorette-shares-his-love-of-growing-up-on-a-farm/

iampawsitive

Back to top Go down

Post by iampawsitive Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:31 am

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Garrett Yrigoyen - FAN Forum - #4 - Page 69 Bkoof_39

bkoof
Just two kids, young and in love the day after our first slumber party. #throwback

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-s0hDshTSZ/

iampawsitive

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:53 pm

I'm surprised no one posted about Garrett going back to school.

He posted a photo on his stories of a book the other day as did Becca. I found the book on Amazon and it is a book "Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured". The book is for EMS training and the author is the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Evidently it can be taken online.

Good for Garrett.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by respect_is_earned Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:14 pm

@HavaDrPepper I saw those stories but just thought that it was his old textbook because he was in medical sales for orthopedics. Seemed to me that he was just flipping through it, because the book didn't seem like a newly purchased item.
I didn't realize that he's taking classes for it. Is he? If yes, it's great!

respect_is_earned

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:54 pm

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Garrett Yrigoyen - FAN Forum - #4 - Page 69 EVEMNeyUMAIs6DS
Becca Garrett Shout to You Guys Happy Anniversary @thebkoof pic.twitter.com/Lcs9cB4YYC
https://mobile.twitter.com/1_kyliemorrison/status/1247792005444333569?p=v
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:57 pm

respect_is_earned wrote:@HavaDrPepper I saw those stories but just thought that it was his old textbook because he was in medical sales for orthopedics. Seemed to me that he was just flipping through it, because the book didn't seem like a newly purchased item.
I didn't realize that he's taking classes for it. Is he? If yes, it's great!

Ummm.... he said he was "back to school". He showed a zoom with others that I am guessing might be fellow students. You do realize that you can buy used books or even just rent books?

He has shown great interest in what his brother does for a living. He has also thanked Becca for standing behind him in his dreams for the future. I have no doubt his dreams now include becoming an EMT.

Actual title of the book "Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured" and it is a book for EMS training.

IMO

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by respect_is_earned Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:40 pm

@HavaDrPepper You may be right. I just assumed that he said 'back tk school's because he was flipping through an old textbook. His friend Carlos was in the zoom video, so I thought it was their friends' video chat which he mentioned during his last AMA. And when he thanked Becca for supporting him, I thought he meant he was getting into videography and editing.

But you may be right about him choosing to be an EMT. Good for him.

respect_is_earned

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:41 pm

If Garrett is indeed studying to be an EMT, I hope this pandemic crisis has opened the eyes, minds and hearts of others to serve others. There are so many ways to be helpful -and all should be appreciated and celebrated.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:50 pm

Garrett’s brother is a helicopter pilot for an air medical transport company, so I could see how he could have come to a decision of becoming an EMT (if it’s true)

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 75 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Garrett Yrigoyen - FAN Forum - #4

+37
beader
iampawsitive
alwayscooking
pikake
mtnlvr55